GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood, but you've got to understand that the wanton speculation going on here has lead to the comments section of every story about Jaren Lockhart being deluged with "discussions" like, "OMG, HM was MURDERED and the same killer got Jaren! I read it on Websleuths!"

I just think people should be a bit more cautious about what they're putting out there. Real life isn't a Criminal Minds episode to rehash for entertainment.

We at Websleuths are not responsible for inane comments by the general public after 'every news story everywhere' in print. You only have to read 30 seconds at most sites to see the effect of the "dumbing down of America".

We at Websleuths are not responsible for inane comments by the general public after 'every news story everywhere' in print. You only have to read 30 seconds at most sites to see the effect of the "dumbing down of America".

I stopped reading comments on the internet at least 5 years ago. It's pretty bad.

I'm bothered because, frankly, I think all the rumor-mongering and speculation does a great disservice to the gravity of Jaren Lockhart's death. There's no need to turn a tragic, horrifying situation into a three-ring circus- and that's all that the moralizing about Lockhart's employment, as well as prurient imaginings about serials killers targeting people in that line of work, does.
1st let me apologize for sounding snippy; not sure why I chose to come back at you that harshly! Now, the only other thing I'm going to say about HM is this: The way *I* look at it, if HM's death had been properly investigated, Jaren could ~possibly~ still be alive. Because from the things their mutual friends were saying on Fri. & Sat., it was very obvious that Hillary was murdered but nothing was done about it. Okay I'm done!

I'm bothered because, frankly, I think all the rumor-mongering and speculation does a great disservice to the gravity of Jaren Lockhart's death. There's no need to turn a tragic, horrifying situation into a three-ring circus- and that's all that the moralizing about Lockhart's employment, as well as prurient imaginings about serials killers targeting people in that line of work, does.
I don't think it's any big secret that probably 75% (just my estimate) of the comments on Websleuths.com are based on speculation, conjecture, personal opinions and theories. Admin and the mods do a fantastic job of limiting the really far out theories, wild speculation and rumor mongering. More often than not though, we usually are only privy to minimal details and/or facts regarding a case. If we were strictly limited to discussing ONLY facts and not allowed to ask questions, form opinions and theories ... I doubt there would be as much discussion as there is here.

We don't really have control over others that read here and then turn around and "spin" (or state as facts) our comments/speculations on other forums. What's written on this site certainly should not be mistaken as "gospel" and fact.

As far as the discussion on this particular thread, I think most of us that have brought up the other two cases (HM & AB) have made it quite clear that we are only asking/speculating if they might POSSIBLY be tied in some way to Jaren's case and I don't believe that is unreasonable. I honestly don't understand why you feel it is inappropriate discussion but I respect that you are most assuredly entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us.

I stopped reading comments on the internet at least 5 years ago. It's pretty bad.
That's funny because here where I live, you can only find out the real TRUTH in the comments; I am being totally serious.
Now when it comes to nation-wide huge news stories (like those linked to on Drudge) -forget it!

Oh I should repeat what I said last night on here: I am from the same area as HM - so when I asked for information about her, I was reaching out directly to her friends & family for answers; not just "blabbing on" about her with no real point to it.

x2_ce8a487

x2_ce8a632

two from video - hope this works!

I work in the F.Q. (although I did not work with any of the girls listed in this thread nor did I know any of them personally) Word of mouth rumors suggested that H.M. was also killed and I heard these before I started looking online for the truth. So as far as I am concerned it is hearsay, although one can't help but wonder if the first girl (A.E.B.) was considered a suicide for who knows how long before they actually confirmed it was in fact murder, the same could also be true for H.M.
No one has been charged with A.E.B.'s murder yet and if H.M was murdered I think people are just wanting answers and justice for every victim because , as very sad as it is to say, Jaren's case may not have gotten the same attention had she not been found the way and where she was.
Without more facts, people should definitely not just assume that it is one killer especially with the 2 more recent deaths of the girls that actually knew and worked with each other. But since there are no facts other than an obit for H.M. people are digging for them and Jaren seems to be a link to fill in some of those blanks.
imo

Has LE labeled them POIs and not witnesses already? Or was that an overuse of the expression by the Tweeter?

Thanks so much for posting the photos, Jcarothers. I imagine that's the man and women the police are trying to identify?

If so, I can't imagine it will take too long to find them. Those shots are clear, and the people are distinctive-looking. They also appear to be at ease and possibly familiar with the location.

Seeing the pictures and knowing they left only 17 minutes later with Jaren, I am fairly certain she knew them (or thought she knew them) and was possibly waiting for them? You got to figure she probably conversed with them briefly before asking the dj to take her off rotation, pay out her fees for the night to a manager and go get dressed. I would imagine they just need to check her phone records. Maybe I'm wrong but I think they were "looking to party" and not soliciting her for extras?

Has anyone seen the video??? I don't see jaren and want to see her demeanor leaving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?