LA - Javion Brown, 2 mos, found dead in field, Zachary, 10 April 2012 *Insanity*

a6937319-ca37-c5a9.jpg

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/2534195-123/ebrso-search-under-way-for

Yeah.

I don't know if anybody knew they were living there.

I'd like to know if the house had utility service. Because an inspection would have had to be done to get them turned on in an abandoned house.

I'm sure I can find out.
Small town. :)

I was just talking to a couple of friends Sunday night about the white car that a few people had noticed parked behind the house recently.

The car being parked behind the house tells me they did not want people to know they were there.

Maybe they were using the house as "squatters" use a house?

Yeah.

I don't know if anybody knew they were living there.

I'd like to know if the house had utility service. Because an inspection would have had to be done to get them turned on in an abandoned house.

I'm sure I can find out.
Small town. :)

I was just talking to a couple of friends Sunday night about the white car that a few people had noticed parked behind the house recently.

The car being parked behind the house tells me they did not want people to know they were there.

Thank you, Kimberly, for the local/inside information.
I am sorry this happened to this poor baby, and I am sorry it happened in your community!:please:

Maybe they were using the house as "squatters" use a house?

That's kinda what I'm thinking.

I'm gonna find out tomorrow who the owner of the house is.
It's public record and I can call the assessors office and get the names.

Thank you, Kimberly, for the local/inside information.
I am sorry this happened to this poor baby, and I am sorry it happened in your community!:please:

Thank you!

This town has done some major growing in the past 10 years or so, but it's home. And we still have a great community. Our citizens care what goes on here and this is shocking.

I just can't quit thinking about the fact a baby was in a ditch suffering less than a mile from me and I had no idea. It's heart breaking.

Thank you!

This town has done some major growing in the past 10 years or so, but it's home. And we still have a great community. Our citizens care what goes on here and this is shocking.

I just can't quit thinking about the fact a baby was in a ditch suffering less than a mile from me and I had no idea. It's heart breaking.

It does hit us when these horrific crimes happen in our neighborhood.
And they DO happen in any and every neighborhood, unfortunately.
No one is exempt.:banghead::maddening::banghead:

A recent picture of the "blackbird" house in Zachary. This is the house the couple were living in.
You can see the windows are boarded up and painted white. At one time, the boards were covered with "blackbird black" and "raven".

This is a large house on over an acre of land. If I had to guess, I'm thinking it was worth close to $400,000.00 at one time, before all the damage.

17373257_BG4.jpg

This is a picture of the command post. I can tell by the table and concrete slab that this is at the Zachary Youth Park.
It is where our local Baseball and Softball teams play ball.

It is very close to the house at 1250 E. Mt. Pleasant (The "blackbird" house).

17373257_BG2.jpg

Willie Brown Jr.
(Javeion's father)

17373257_BG6.jpg

Updated article by the Advocate:

A few snips:

An autopsy for the infant is scheduled for Wednesday, Hicks said.

Neighbors said Tuesday that Maiden and Brown were rarely seen outside their home.

““I didn’t know there was a baby in there,””said Cynthia Snowden, who lives two houses down. ““I was shocked, stunned for it to hit so close to home.”

Jovan Anthony, who lives nearby in the High Plains Crossing neighborhood, said she often passed Brown’s house and thought it was abandoned.

“I said, ‘Somebody abandoned a nice house.’ It always looked like it was boarded up,” Anthony said, adding that in recent months she saw a white Dodge Charger parked behind the house but did not see anyone outside.

“I noticed it had a church sign next to the house, but I never saw anyone around it,” Anthony said.

***BBM - Seems my friends and I were not the only ones that had seen that white car parked behind the house.

I thought I read FIRST-degree murder.:waitasec:

Updated article by the Advocate:

A few snips:

An autopsy for the infant is scheduled for Wednesday, Hicks said.

Neighbors said Tuesday that Maiden and Brown were rarely seen outside their home.

““I didn’t know there was a baby in there,””said Cynthia Snowden, who lives two houses down. ““I was shocked, stunned for it to hit so close to home.”

Jovan Anthony, who lives nearby in the High Plains Crossing neighborhood, said she often passed Brown’s house and thought it was abandoned.

“I said, ‘Somebody abandoned a nice house.’ It always looked like it was boarded up,” Anthony said, adding that in recent months she saw a white Dodge Charger parked behind the house but did not see anyone outside.

“I noticed it had a church sign next to the house, but I never saw anyone around it,” Anthony said.

***BBM - Seems my friends and I were not the only ones that had seen that white car parked behind the house.

I'm so sorry Kimberly, this is sheer madness! Did either of the parents work, how could they afford that kind of house?

I'm so sorry Kimberly, this is sheer madness! Did either of the parents work, how could they afford that kind of house?

These people are mentally ill & I was going to ask the same question about affording a house like that.That poor baby never should have been in that home-EVER-How very very sad!!!

RIP-little one!

I had the same thought. It looks like it was a nice house in a nice area. I wonder if the crazy grandfather, who appeared to think of himself as some kind of religious leader, generated the money for the house by collecting from his "followers" over time. Afterall, he was in his 60's by the time the craziness caught the attention of the local media.

Kimberlyd125, Thanks for posting the local perspective and the house/family history. All very strange and interesting.

RIP poor sweet Javeion.

OMG Kimberly... this is horrific, obviously... but it could have been even worse.
Can you imagine if kids had gone to play and had found Little Prince??? I am so grateful the searchers found him first! :please:

This is a picture of the command post. I can tell by the table and concrete slab that this is at the Zachary Youth Park.
It is where our local Baseball and Softball teams play ball.

It is very close to the house at 1250 E. Mt. Pleasant (The "blackbird" house).

17373257_BG2.jpg

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the parents working or not.

I know the house was abandoned/empty for quite a while and belonged to Willie's father at one time. I haven't had a chance to call and find out the current owners name.

Maybe this couple knew it was empty and was just squatting there.
Not sure.

What are the current status and whereabouts of Sr.? Was/is he in prison and Jr. and wife lived in his home since?

Rest In Peace, Javion. :rose:

I'm not sure where William Sr. is or how long the couple was living there.

I'll keep my ears open for any updates though.

OMG Kimberly... this is horrific, obviously... but it could have been even worse.
Can you imagine if kids had gone to play and had found Little Prince??? I am so grateful the searchers found him first! :please:

The command post was at the youth park but the baby's body was found a little further down the street on the other side of the street in a field.
The field was directly across the street from the "blackbird" house.

So thankfully, no children would be playing in that field anyway.

I just checked the EBRSO Parish Prison inmate list and she's on it now.

a6937319-be95-f0cf.jpg

Willie Brown Jr. is also listed on the inmate list:

EBR Parish Prison Inmate Details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Name : WILLIE
Last Name : BROWN
Sex : M
Race : B
Booked : 4/10/2012
Release date :
Register to be notified when this offender's custody status changes
Bond Appearance Form:
Charge LRS File Number Bond Amount Bond Date Court
DIST/MANF SCH1 DRUG 40:966A 12-00025631 0.00 19TH JDC
POSS OF FIREARM W/ D 14:95E 12-00025631 25000.00 4/11/2012 19TH JDC

http://www.ebrso.org/InmateList/InmateDetails.aspx?ID=718