LA - Javion Brown, 2 mos, found dead in field, Zachary, 10 April 2012 *Insanity*

Asked afterward what she meant by a change of plea, Lagattuta said she expects Maiden at some point to enter a dual plea of not guilty and not guilty by reason of insanity.

“Clearly from the facts we know, she was not sane at the time,” Lagattuta said outside the courtroom.

Maiden has been on medication for schizophrenia, she said.

--------------------

Late last year, a doctor at the state hospital in Jackson reported Maiden is now competent to proceed.

On Tuesday, Lagattuta requested that Judge Moore order the sanity commission to examine Maiden again.
The judge did so and said he wants their reports by March 13. He scheduled a sanity hearing for April 3.

http://theadvocate.com/news/4951349-123/attorney-argues-woman-not-sane

Thanks for updating!!!!!

I checked the jails inmate list for ever and never could find her again so I just gave up and figured we would hear something eventually.

Booked 12/17/2012

So... Where was before then? When we couldn't find any records of her whereabouts after her release from the parish jail?
Mental hospital?

http://www.wafb.com/story/24530862/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A judge accepted an insanity plea from Sabrina Maiden for the 2012 murder of her infant son who was found in ditch. The autopsy showed that the baby died from blunt force trauma to the head. The baby was alive when left in the ditch by his mother, who was later arrested.

Sabrina Maiden, 22, pled guilty by reason of insanity today in court.. She had been originally charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-month-old son, Prince Javeion Deshaun Brown.

The baby's body was found in a ditch that was across the street from the home where his mother, father and grandfather were living. The house was known locally as the Blackbird House because the former owner had boarded up the house and painted the words "Blackbird Black" on the house. The house had long been a neighborhood eyesore with religious and other bizarre graffiti on the walls of it.

The house was once a nice house, bought with the proceeds of lottery winnings but had fallen into disrepair when it is believed that the owner ran out of money and lost the house. He continued to live there though, as did his son and the son's girlfriend.

The child's father, Willie Brown Jr., 32, was also arrested in 2012 and charged with possession with intent to distribute Schedule I narcotics along with possession of a gun. Law enforcement officers stated that it was Brown who had reported the infant missing earlier that morning.

Investigators conducted a search inside the home and turned up 2 handguns along with 260 grams of marijuana in the house. Neighbors had long reported strange behavior in association with the residents of the house.

Attached are 2 pics of the house as it was in 2012. I have heard it has since been demolished but have no confirmation on that.

Attachments

• blackbird house.jpg
    blackbird house.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 31
  • blackbird graffiti.jpg
    blackbird graffiti.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 32
I can confirm it.
It's gone.

ETA: I live in Zachary.

Went by the "Blackbird" house today. Or should I say what WAS the house.

Totally gone. Nothing left but the cement slab.

Very happy for my town. That place was nothing but a reminder of the evil that walked our streets and called our community home.

Good riddens!!!!

Quoting myself to show when I noticed the house was gone.

01/23/2014 - 04:48 PM
BATON ROUGE- A mother from Zachary who left her baby in a ditch in April of 2012 will go to a state mental hospital for nearly 40 years instead of prison.

Judge Chip Moore found Sabrina Maiden not guilty by reason of insanity Thursday. Last year, at least three different doctors said she did not know the difference between right and wrong at the time her son died.

Maiden's defense lawyer, Margaret Lagattuta said it has been difficult trying to communicate with her client.

"She has her issues," Lagattuta said. "She's delusional, she's a paranoid schizophrenic, she has a family history of that."

"She knows the baby's dead," Lagattuta said. "Part of this weird psychosis was the baby was the reincarnation of Alea who was her God. It's really delusional, she's out there."

http://www.wbrz.com/news/mom-sent-to-mental-hospital-instead-of-prison

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back