GUILTY LA - Jeremy Mardis, 6, fatally shot by Marksville LE, 3 Nov 2015

What kills me is this has been on here since Saturday and only 23 people have commented on it.

Who does this if they know there is cameras watching? If there is no warrant, victim had no gun, then these 2 need to hang. I'm usually on the cops side, but not for cold blooded murder.
How many views has it had though?
There seems to be an assumption that more posts = more caring? Perhaps people have less to say because they're appalled and waiting incredulously for some information that will make it make more sense.

There seems to be an assumption that more posts = more caring? Perhaps people have less to say because they're appalled and waiting incredulously for some information that will make it make more sense.

ITA with you. There are no words for something this appalling and tragic. Thanks for putting it so eloquently. I saw the clip on ABC Nightly News last night and was just aghast as was my DH.

In a separate case, an Avoyelles Parish civil court jury in October 2014 found that Stafford had lied in a criminal proceeding and filed a false police report about the arrest of a man who’d complained about the officer not letting him pass through a crowded area to carry his ailing dog to receive medical care in 2012. Avoyelles Parish resident Patrick Jeansonne was arrested after Stafford heard over the police radio that someone called in a complaint about him, according to one of the man’s court filings.

The case is now on appeal in the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, said Jeansonne’s attorney Aaron Broussard.

At least five other pending civil suits name Stafford as a defendant, and two of those included Greenhouse as another defendant.

http://theadvocate.com/news/13927384-123/new-details-reveal-past-issues

post 1

The suits include a 2012 lawsuit that alleges Stafford used a stun gun unprovoked and without warning while questioning a man. Another suit claims that Stafford used a stun gun on a handcuffed woman in the back of a police car while another accuses him of breaking a 15-year-old girl’s arm while wrestling her off a school bus.

Megan Dixon, Few’s fiancée, said this weekend that Few had a previous run-in with Greenhouse. A former high school classmate of Dixon, Greenhouse had started messaging her on Facebook and had come by the house Few and Dixon were sharing at the time.

“I told Chris and Chris confronted him about it and told him, ‘Next time you come to my house I’m going to hurt you,’ ” Dixon said.

Efforts to reach an attorney for Greenhouse were unsuccessful.

post 2
http://theadvocate.com/news/13927384-123/new-details-reveal-past-issues

Sounds like another police station that needs to be cleaned out. jmo idk

What kills me is this has been on here since Saturday and only 23 people have commented on it.

Who does this if they know there is cameras watching? If there is no warrant, victim had no gun, then these 2 need to hang. I'm usually on the cops side, but not for cold blooded murder.

I am from Louisiana and have friends in Marksville area and Rapides Parish. I won't go into detail but the general consensus in that area is that it is a good thing those two are in jail.

I am just absolutely sick about all of this. Little Jeremy should not have been killed as he was. He deserved to be a happy, healthy child. This sweet little boy viewed the world through a special lens having been diagnosed with Autism, and that made him special.

I have noticed that policing has changed so much since my late husband had retired from LE, and from the 10 years I spent in it. Some of the officers are so young and feel in Swat mode all of the time. Some are too gung-ho. Most officers are good ones, but as in all professions some are really rotten. Apparently these two are among the rotten.

MOO

At this time no warrant has been found..........DA issued a statement that there was no warrant he was aware of against Fey.
Also there seem to be some questions about the fleeing part........the suspects description of events and what actually happened by positioning of the cars and evidence from the scene are not matching up.

:cry:
Oh my, this is so tragic and sad. My condolences to Jeremy's family and loved ones. I pray his father has a swift and complete recovery.
I also extend prayers to these two officers and their families. Everyone has a heavy heart.

Godspeed sweet cutie Jeremy :angel: :innocent: I am so sorry this happened to you, fly high and guard over your family little man.

Thanks for this info Chainsaw385.

Yes. What can you say to something like this? Very few cases where words fail me, but this is one of them.

Marking my spot... Hoping these two stay in jail for a very, very long day. Praying for dad's recovery.

Bond set at $1M each for officers involved in fatal shooting of 6-year-old, gag order issued

bbm

It’s still unclear what led to the initial car chase between four city marshal deputies, including Stafford and Greenhouse, and Chris Few. Few was driving a vehicle with his 6 year old son, Jeremy Mardis, inside. Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson says "We believe (Few and the officers) met each other, knew each other. Certainly as this progresses, we'll find out more and more information. But I think in a town like this, everyone knows each other."

CBS News is quoting sources as saying investigators are exploring whether one of the arrested deputies had a "personal grudge" against Christoper Few.

http://www.wafb.com/story/30471887/...fatal-shooting-of-6-year-old-gag-order-issued

Chris Few's family have stopped updating his medical condition, giving him a "confidential" designation.

Hearsay (can I say this?) is that the animosity with one of the marshals is about Few's girlfriend.

The baby's mother is supposedly incarcerated in Mississippi.

IT seems that only one of the backup officers had his body cam on, I suspect that officer being there and recording things wasn't part of the plan.

IT seems that only one of the backup officers had his body cam on, I suspect that officer being there and recording things wasn't part of the plan.

I read somewhere that 3 of them were in the "chase" vehicle.........the 4th showed up after the call for backup
I do not know which of them made the statements that Few was not acting aggressive.

I am pretty sure the 4th officer that showed up at the scene is the on with the body cam but I am not 100% certain about this...but this does support your theory of a video not being part of the plan.

I have been reading every article I can find about this and they are all starting to blend together now to try and find which one contained the 4th officer as being the one to have the body cam.

Megan Dixon, Few’s fiancée, said this weekend that Few had a previous run-in with Greenhouse. A former high school classmate of Dixon, Greenhouse had started messaging her on Facebook and had come by the house Few and Dixon were sharing at the time.

“I told Chris and Chris confronted him about it and told him, ‘Next time you come to my house I’m going to hurt you,’ ” Dixon said.

I am starting to understand why Greenhouse was in a police cruiser very close to where she was .......and also why the lights of that cruiser came on soon after Few pulled away from his girlfriend.

Once again I read somewhere else but not going to search for a link for conformation.....that the suspects had also stated they witnessed a domestic dispute and that is why they wanted to pull Few over.Wouldn't they want to talk to the victim first if this was the case or since there were 3 of them in the car leave one with the victim to get the whole story while the other 2 pursued the perp?....maybe there was no crime that was committed for which Few needed to be pulled over for in the first place.

My goodness if the police were involved every time my wife and I had an argument it would be easier to post a police officer to live with us full time....from the statements of Megan Dixon it doesn't sound like it was even much of an argument to begin with.

And the main reason I don't buy this domestic dispute thing is they first said they were trying to serve a warrant on Few......which we all know how that went over.It sounds to me this domestic dispute thing is the work of a defense attorney after being able to consult the suspects.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cebook-visited-house.html?ito=social-facebook

I have a hard time trusting the reporting of the Daily Mail sometimes... That being said....

This article says that Chris and Megan had a big fight at the bar, Megan announced to the bar patrons that her and Chris were no longer together and she started dancing with another guy. They then had a big argument in the parking lot and took off in separate vehicles. This article then states someone called 911! Is this true? Was Greenhouse told by dispatch to attend to this domestic dispute??

This article also gives the details that Elly Mae posted above staying Greenhouse had been messaging Dixon and showing up at her house and Chris had threatened him to stop.

And the saddest part.... Chris still hasn't been told his son passed away :(

I'm wondering were they terrible shots, or were they aiming for that sweet little boy? They were on the drivers side, and only two shots hit the dad, but 5 shots hit Jeremy? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Can someone from LA point me to an explanation of who/what the marshals are? From the DMail I got the impression they were more like glorified security guards than police officers, I was wondering if that's true?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back