GUILTY LA - Jeremy Mardis, 6, fatally shot by Marksville LE, 3 Nov 2015

So say she is not his fiancee. So say few caught her and perp at bar together. (So say is how marksville people tell stories)

Can someone from LA point me to an explanation of who/what the marshals are? From the DMail I got the impression they were more like glorified security guards than police officers, I was wondering if that's true?

What they were legally allowed to do is an excellent question.

All I can do is give you the very basics by the way I understand them ........hopefully someone could point us both towards the full and correct answer because it might well come into play when civil lawsuits are filed.

Some one was elected or appointed a post having to do with Law Enforcement in this district .....they purchased a couple police cruisers and used the Marshalls to patrol and start writing tickets......before the Marshalls mostly just served warrants for this district

There was some questions raised about the legal authority of these Marshalls writing tickets and issuing fines in this district.It was currently either a case or just a question that was being consider by a local court or judge.

I know this doesn't answer your question but does raise questions about weather they even had the legal authority to pull people over to begin with.........that being said,they were not just out running around doing police duties for the fun of it.

They were getting paid from some entity and it seems also told to perform the duties that an LE officer would normally do while on a patrol.Weather they were legally justified to perform these act does seem to be in question.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cebook-visited-house.html?ito=social-facebook

I have a hard time trusting the reporting of the Daily Mail sometimes... That being said....

This article says that Chris and Megan had a big fight at the bar, Megan announced to the bar patrons that her and Chris were no longer together and she started dancing with another guy. They then had a big argument in the parking lot and took off in separate vehicles. This article then states someone called 911! Is this true? Was Greenhouse told by dispatch to attend to this domestic dispute??

This article also gives the details that Elly Mae posted above staying Greenhouse had been messaging Dixon and showing up at her house and Chris had threatened him to stop.

And the saddest part.... Chris still hasn't been told his son passed away :(

All the other info in the article seems correct and confirmed by other multiple sources......although for some reason I was thinking the conversation Few and Dixon had was in the parking lot of the bar.

I thought Dixon had said she refused to go home with Few and decided to go back in the bar .....BUT this is more then once I have read the discussion occurred at a light so its seems likely my parking lot thoughts are incorrect.

I don't find this version hard to believe and could easily be a plausible reason to pull him over if a 911 call about an earlier disturbance was made.It could also explain them being in the area of the bar.I know LE was reviewing 911 calls and had assumed they were related to the shooting.

But we still have the huge problem of a 6 year old being shot dead and an unarmed man being severly injured.......even if they had cause to try and pull him over for a disturbance.Their actions afterward are still very much in question.

I will be totally honest and had a hunch Greenhouse may have been close to the bar only because of the girl.........after reading this it certainly seems 911 calls are what lead the officers to this vicinity.

So say the timeline of events, including the 911 call is in question. So say 911 call may be CYA

Sounds like another police station that needs to be cleaned out. jmo idk
No kidding! And the sheer blatant NERVE! Almost like this kind of behavior is totally acceptable. Of course, maybe it is, ya know?

This article explains who the marshals are and how they ended up policing there.

www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/us/louisiana-child-shooting-town-marksville/index.html

When asked by CNN if Marksville is corrupt, the mayor answered plainly:

"I think to an extent, it is," Lemoine said. "There's some things that need to be taken care of. And there's some things that need to be looked at very seriously."

What they were legally allowed to do is an excellent question.

All I can do is give you the very basics by the way I understand them ........hopefully someone could point us both towards the full and correct answer because it might well come into play when civil lawsuits are filed.

Some one was elected or appointed a post having to do with Law Enforcement in this district .....they purchased a couple police cruisers and used the Marshalls to patrol and start writing tickets......before the Marshalls mostly just served warrants for this district

There was some questions raised about the legal authority of these Marshalls writing tickets and issuing fines in this district.It was currently either a case or just a question that was being consider by a local court or judge.

I know this doesn't answer your question but does raise questions about weather they even had the legal authority to pull people over to begin with.........that being said,they were not just out running around doing police duties for the fun of it.

They were getting paid from some entity and it seems also told to perform the duties that an LE officer would normally do while on a patrol.Weather they were legally justified to perform these act does seem to be in question.

Well said. I can't find the link now but a few days ago I read an article about this. It seemed like the chief of police was questioning why the marshals were doing the work his officers were doing. I believe the DA or something was looking into it? If anyone has a link that would be great!

I also understand that one or both of these two men charged are police officers by day, but had a second job as marshals and were working their marshal job when this happened, not in the full capacity of police officers.... That was in this same article.... I'm so mad I missed saving the link!! :(

All the other info in the article seems correct and confirmed by other multiple sources......although for some reason I was thinking the conversation Few and Dixon had was in the parking lot of the bar.

I thought Dixon had said she refused to go home with Few and decided to go back in the bar .....BUT this is more then once I have read the discussion occurred at a light so its seems likely my parking lot thoughts are incorrect.

I don't find this version hard to believe and could easily be a plausible reason to pull him over if a 911 call about an earlier disturbance was made.It could also explain them being in the area of the bar.I know LE was reviewing 911 calls and had assumed they were related to the shooting.

But we still have the huge problem of a 6 year old being shot dead and an unarmed man being severly injured.......even if they had cause to try and pull him over for a disturbance.Their actions afterward are still very much in question.

I will be totally honest and had a hunch Greenhouse may have been close to the bar only because of the girl.........after reading this it certainly seems 911 calls are what lead the officers to this vicinity.

My understanding of events as being reported right now sits at this:

- Few and Dixon have argument inside.

- Dixon refuses to leave with Few, announces to the bar they are broken up and begins to dance with another man. (WHO??!)

- argument continues outside in parking lot.

- "someone" phones 911 to report argument

- Dixon and Few leave in separate vehicles..

- Few picks up son from relatives.

- Few and Dixon have conversation at stop light and Dixon refuses to go home with Few. As Few pulls away officers turn on their lights to initiate traffic stop.

I'm not so sure that Greenhouse had "planned" this... But I think opportunity definitely knocked that evening. And he took advantage of the situation and decided to get rid of Chris. I just hope that maybe they didn't know the poor child was in the vehicle.

But either way they are terrible excuses for human beings.

The first day it was reported about the possibility of a personal grudge between the officer and victim I turned to my husband and said I bet it's over this fiancé. Not saying she is to blame. We have no idea if she encouraged these advances or if this guy is just creepy as hell and stalking her.

There is soooo much that's going to come out over the course of this case.

Bond set at $1M each for officers involved in fatal shooting of 6-year-old, gag order issued

bbm

It’s still unclear what led to the initial car chase between four city marshal deputies, including Stafford and Greenhouse, and Chris Few. Few was driving a vehicle with his 6 year old son, Jeremy Mardis, inside. Louisiana State Police Col. Mike Edmonson says "We believe (Few and the officers) met each other, knew each other. Certainly as this progresses, we'll find out more and more information. But I think in a town like this, everyone knows each other."

CBS News is quoting sources as saying investigators are exploring whether one of the arrested deputies had a "personal grudge" against Christoper Few.

http://www.wafb.com/story/30471887/...fatal-shooting-of-6-year-old-gag-order-issued

I'm suspicious of this "gag order."

I'm suspicious of this "gag order."

Could be the judge attempting to keep people from coordinating so their stories line up, or people reading things in the media and making up stories to be witnesses for either side because they have an agenda.

This article explains who the marshals are and how they ended up policing there.

www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/us/louisiana-child-shooting-town-marksville/index.html

When asked by CNN if Marksville is corrupt, the mayor answered plainly:

"I think to an extent, it is," Lemoine said. "There's some things that need to be taken care of. And there's some things that need to be looked at very seriously."

Note that one of them was a full time police officer. The marshal job, was his second job. Regardless, they are both 100% law enforcement officers, not glorified security guards.

Multiple allegiances
Making the case more confusing, Stafford and Greenhouse were actually moonlighting as Marksville marshals.

Greenhouse worked as a marshal for the nearby city of Alexandria. Stafford was actually a full-time officer for Marksville police.

facebook page Kalb

Here's a good one: 58 minutes ago Kalb posted the sheriff said there is a problem with Greenwood's bond paperwork and he couldnt say if NG would be let out today or tomorrow.

A commenter said he's been out since yesterday.

My understanding of events as being reported right now sits at this:

- Few and Dixon have argument inside.

- Dixon refuses to leave with Few, announces to the bar they are broken up and begins to dance with another man. (WHO??!)

- argument continues outside in parking lot.

- "someone" phones 911 to report argument

- Dixon and Few leave in separate vehicles..

- Few picks up son from relatives.

- Few and Dixon have conversation at stop light and Dixon refuses to go home with Few. As Few pulls away officers turn on their lights to initiate traffic stop.

I'm not so sure that Greenhouse had "planned" this... But I think opportunity definitely knocked that evening. And he took advantage of the situation and decided to get rid of Chris. I just hope that maybe they didn't know the poor child was in the vehicle.

But either way they are terrible excuses for human beings.

The first day it was reported about the possibility of a personal grudge between the officer and victim I turned to my husband and said I bet it's over this fiancé. Not saying she is to blame. We have no idea if she encouraged these advances or if this guy is just creepy as hell and stalking her.

There is soooo much that's going to come out over the course of this case.

I agree 100% with your time line of the events........I have read so many different articles about this and was just blending the parking lot and the traffic light discussion into one and the same.

facebook page Kalb

Here's a good one: 58 minutes ago Kalb posted the sheriff said there is a problem with Greenwood's bond paperwork and he couldnt say if NG would be let out today or tomorrow.

A commenter said he's been out since yesterday.

The problem with the bail is LA has a code that bail can not be posted for a defendant by an attorney.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2014/code-codeofcriminalprocedure/ccrp-320/

Seems pretty cut and dried to me ....if the property is in Greenhouse Sr name it can not be used for bail.

But recent articles state it may be tomorrow until this gets ironed out and the suspect is out on bail.I suppose it would be possible to transfer the property into someone elses name (the mother?).......but I hold out hope that this 320 code will keep the suspect behind bars where he belongs.

New details in police shooting that left 6-year-old dead

CBS News has learned that video from police officer's body camera appears to show Christopher Few with his hands in the air, before investigators say he was shot at 18 times by Deputy Ward Marshals Norris Greenhouse Jr., and Derrick Stafford.

The Few family attorney said on Monday that Few was too injured to attend his sons funeral. And in fact, hasn't yet been told his son was killed.

Disturbing in so many ways.. We need to have more rules for our police..tired of them being the bad guys and getting away with it. Lets do some mental evals or something before hiring.

Disturbing in so many ways.. We need to have more rules for our police..tired of them being the bad guys and getting away with it. Lets do some mental evals or something before hiring.

The first rule should be to never, never, never shoot at a motor vehicle under any circumstances, except maybe if a person in the vehicle is actively firing a weapon.

The SCOTUS has already ruled that police cannot shoot at fleeing suspects, and If a fleeing suspect is trying to run down a LEO, shooting the driver will not stop the car. So there is almost no legitimate reason for a cop to ever shoot at a vehicle.

This case just illustrates, what can go wrong when trigger happy cops shoot into a motor vehicle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back