GUILTY LA - Lakeitha, 29, & Kenneth Joseph, 34, St John Parish, 18 Feb 2014

I have alerted 3 times today to ask the mods to change thread titles to FOUND DECEASED. Can someone else alert on los' post with the SMS link and get the thread title changed? I just can't do it again today and should have signed off already... such a sad sad day...

We don't know where Kenneth is, but this is confirmation that Lakeitha has been located. So sorry for you, sweet one.

Just read the news, this is so sad....I would say at least her family has answers now, but sadly they have more questions than answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How aweful. What could have happened? Prayers for her family.

I have alerted 3 times today to ask the mods to change thread titles to FOUND DECEASED. Can someone else alert on los' post with the SMS link and get the thread title changed? I just can't do it again today and should have signed off already... such a sad sad day...

We don't know where Kenneth is, but this is confirmation that Lakeitha has been located. So sorry for you, sweet one.
Thanks for being vigilant, AZPGirl. I was away all evening, and only now am getting caught up on the news. I'm sad to see the body was ID'd as Lakeitha, although the earlier article was a good indicator. Generally, if a T-P article speculates about the identity of found remains, the reporter has already received confirmation off the record, and the family has been informed, too.

For Lakeitha's loved ones, the death is made worse by the circumstances. How did this happen to her? And where is Kenneth? It's an awful situation for both families. My heart goes out to them.

ETA: Just noting that the body showed no sign of trauma.

An autopsy performed Tuesday indicates that Lakeitha Joseph drowned, and that her body had been in the water for at least two weeks. The medical examination did not reveal any signs of trauma, authorities said.
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/woman_pulled_from_eastern_new.html

The cause of death, according to the Orleans Parish Coroner's Office, is drowning.
Joseph, 29, along with her husband Kenneth, 34, had been missing for the past several weeks. Kenneth still remains missing at this time.
Sheriff Tregre said the focus now is on finding her missing husband, adding he would like to see a coordinated effort to search the same body of water for his body.
"We have no reason to believe Kenneth Joseph is more than a missing person and a possible victim of foul play," Tregre said. "The worst case scenario, Joseph may have also been a victim of homicide."
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Body-found-in-NO-East-water-on-Monday-identified-249650151.html

http://www.stjohnsheriff.org/pressrelease_details.php?id=835

RIP Lakeitha! :rose:

So thankful that family is not left wondering. Prayers Kenneth is found also. Also brings up the question... wonder how the car got to Georgia???

not sure if this was stated before (probably was) but their house was not only unlocked but ransacked. I had either not read that before or missed it or it was a new tidbit. (ETA: that was in the article NOLITA posted above: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ce_waitin.html)

Sad for this family.

Thanks for posting this -- I was unaware that the house had been ransacked. I think in the back of my mind I was hoping that this was a couple who needed a break for whatever reason.

So sad..I hope finding Lakeitha will lead to more answers.

Focus shifts to finding missing husband after woman's body found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AOWrkXvz4Y

Paul Murphy / Eyewitness News
Email: pmurphy@wwltv.com | Twitter: @pmurphywwl

RESERVE, La. --
A day after a body pulled out of a New Orleans East waterway was identified as a missing woman from Reserve, family and friends worry that her husband may have met the same fate.

New Orleans homicide detectives went door to door in the 500 block of Homewood Place in Reserve in St. John Parish, talking with residents and searching for answers.

Answers as to how one of their neighbors, 29-year-old Lakeitha Joseph, ended up dead in the Intracoastal Waterway, not far from Bayou Bienvenue. She and her husband, 34-year-old Kenneth Joseph, vanished nearly three weeks ago.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Mis...Her-Husband-Suffered-Same-Fate-249958911.html

Reaching (far).

Feb 19 - This couple goes missing.
Feb 28 - Van found in College Place, GA
Mar 1 - Myra Lewis (age 2) reported missing from Camden, MS
Mar 11 - Lakeitha's body found (deceased over 2 weeks)

Drive time from the Joseph home to College Place, GA via Mississippi, appx. 9 hours.

Probably no connection, especially since Myra's parents claim she was last seen on March 1, the day AFTER the van was found, though both families have common friends.

Just sharing the timeline I was checking.

Reaching (far).

Feb 19 - This couple goes missing.
Feb 28 - Van found in College Place, GA
Mar 1 - Myra Lewis (age 2) reported missing from Camden, MS
Mar 11 - Lakeitha's body found (deceased over 2 weeks)

Drive time from the Joseph home to College Place, GA via Mississippi, appx. 9 hours.

Probably no connection, especially since Myra's parents claim she was last seen on March 1, the day AFTER the van was found, though both families have common friends.

Just sharing the timeline I was checking.

I agree it is a far reach. But interesting, nonetheless.

An article I just read said they are searching the water for his body tomorrow. But the van was found at an apartment complex 10 minutes from the Atlanta airport. Somebody drove that van to Atlanta.

Is there a link that says they have common friends?

TIA!

By Littice Bacon-Blood, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on March 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM, updated March 13, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Following the discovery of 29-year-old Lakeitha Joseph's body in the Intracoastal Waterway in eastern New Orleans, authorities plan to search the same area Friday for her missing husband. Sheriff Mike Tregre said St. John the Baptist Parish sheriff's deputies and New Orleans police officers will be seeking signs of Kenneth Joseph, 34 of Reserve.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/st_john_investigators_nopd_to.html
on March 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM, updated March 12, 2014 at 10:53 AM

While the coroner's office has yet to classify the death, Tregre said investigators are treating it as a homicide and are not "ruling anything out." Unspecified forensic evidence and the couple's phone records are part of the investigation, he said.

"There are certain things we have that we can't release," Tregre said. "I can say that the phone records are being examined, studied and looked over."

"This case is still solvable, through forensics or somebody coming to tell us what they know. Someone calling would be better and quicker."
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/st_john_investigators_nopd_to.html

Is there a link that says they have common friends?

TIA!

Facebook observations. Studying the Myra Lewis case lead me directly to this case. I didn't know they were missing until I saw their poster as the main profile pic on friends of Myra Lewis' extended family/friends.

As I said, it's kind of a reach.

Search for Reserve man Kenneth Joseph is underway in area where wife's body was found on Monday
March 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM, updated March 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM

The agencies are canvassing the area by boat for signs of the 34-year-old man. One of the boats is equipped with sonar equipment to allow searchers to get a better sense of what is underwater.

"So far nothing," Lt. Chip Wale, of the St. John Sheriff's Office special operations division said shortly after noon. "One of the boats is equipped with a side scan sonar, it's about a half-million dollar piece of equipment, that makes an amazing 3-D image of anything underwater. We hope to be able to use it to clear the waterways close to the shore."

RIP Lakeitha!

FWIW, I'm like :thud:

Ultra strange :moo:

Where are you Kenneth?

Search ends with no sign of missing Reserve man Kenneth Joseph
March 14, 2014

A five-hour search along the Intracoastal Waterway in eastern New Orleans on Friday ended with no sign of 34-year-old Kenneth Joseph of Reserve, who has been missing since Feb. 19.

...Unless critical evidence is discovered, Scott said Friday would probably be the last day the NOPD would conduct a water search. However, he said the department's homicide unit would continue to work with St. John on the case.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/search_ends_with_no_sign_of_mi.html

(interesting comment...)

What about cameras from the Atlanta airport or the apartment complex where the van was found? What about any evidence in the van?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back