GUILTY LA - Lakeitha, 29, & Kenneth Joseph, 34, St John Parish, 18 Feb 2014

I'm hoping there's a lot going on behind the scenes and LE just isn't informing us about it.

I must say she was a very attractive woman.
This is surely a mystery. Did they have any connection to where the van was found?

What were their occupations? Lots of questions with no answers. JMOO

This is so weird. How many bodies do they find in this waterway? Surely it is him.

It certainly sounds like foul play to me. They seemed like a decent couple unless something comes out about them. Very hard to fathom what is going on.

There was post that they knew Myra. I can't work that one out. But if that is the case cannot get my head around how it could be connected. JMOO

While the coroner's office has classified the death as a drowning, Tregre has said investigators are treating [Lakethia] Joseph's death as a homicide and are not ruling anything out.

Feb 18 - borrowed sister's car
Feb 19 - reported missing
Feb 27 - van found abandoned in GA
Mar 10 - Lakethia Joseph found; in water 2 weeks
Mar 22 - body of male found; unidentified ATT

Oddly enough, after being reported missing, the couple's home was locked, then, inexplicably, the door was unlocked and the home showed signs of being ransacked.

The family gathered strength to hold a big fundraiser where they sold dinner plates consisting of fried catfish and sides. It looked scrumptious.

What could have happened to this married couple?
Did his wife go with him on those numerous nights when he borrowed the van?
Did they deliver newspapers?
How many miles would he add to the van's odometer each time he borrowed it?
Were they perhaps attending evening services at church during the week?

RIP LJ

I live just North of Atlanta and this thread caught my eye (plus two missing adults, it's strange). Ms. Joseph's COD was drowning, I don't know much about the geography of the body of water where she was found, but it sure sounds like someone knew she couldn't swim and tossed her in. A non-swimmer adult would likely panic and go down quickly. I wonder if Mr. Joseph's body showed trauma... this is too weird.

oh man, so sad... both drowned. I hope there is an investigation as this seems suspicious IMO.

So it was Kenneth Joseph. Such an awful tragedy for those two families. What on earth happened?

RIP, Kenneth.

Prayers and condolences for the loved ones.

The coroner's office investigator wouldn't comment regarding signs of trauma. He only said the body had been in the water for "weeks".

Body pulled from waterway identified as missing Reserve man Kenneth Joseph

By Littice Bacon-Blood, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
March 25, 2014 at 2:48 PM, updated March 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

While the cause of death for both has been classified as drowning by the New Orleans coroner's office, the St. John Sheriff's Office and the NOPD are investigating the deaths as homicides.
Body from Intracoastal Waterway is missing Reserve man
BY RICHARD THOMPSON rthompson@theadvocate.com
March 25, 2014

[snipped]
[Lakeitha Joseph’s father, Hewitt] Williams said he still has no idea what may have happened to the couple.

“Really, I don’t have any idea,” he said. “I’m in the dark right now about what happened to the both of them.”

[snipped]
[St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff Mike ] Tregre said the Sheriff’s Office is “pursuing all leads.”

“All options are on the table when it comes to that. We do have some things that we can’t discuss. Basically, we have a lot of things we can’t discuss,” he said.

Anyone with information is asked to call the St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office’s tip line at (985) 359-TIPS or Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.

Were they both found in the same waterway? If it wasn't for the car being found so far away it would look like they'd somehow driven into the water and drowned.

Were they both found in the same waterway? If it wasn't for the car being found so far away it would look like they'd somehow driven into the water and drowned.
Yes, not very far apart. I've marked the approximate locations on the map.

[snipped]
The body was found near the Paris Road Bridge, commonly known as the ''Green Bridge,'' by fishermen shortly before 7 a.m

[snipped]
On March 10, authorities pulled the body of Lakeitha Joseph out of the water about a half a mile east of Bayou Bienvenue.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/body_found_in_intracoastal_wat.html

http://goo.gl/maps/6tq5J

Attachments

• JOSEPHS KENNETH AND LAKEITHA.JPG
    JOSEPHS KENNETH AND LAKEITHA.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 90

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics