GUILTY LA - Lyntell Washington, 40, pregnant, murdered, Baton Rouge, 9 June 2016 *Arrest*

What a sob. I'm heartbroken for this baby girl. I think it's really pathetic that people think that they can kill someone and get away with it😢

Body found, not yet ID'd; friends say missing school administator too trusting, wanted 'fairy tale life' | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana

[...]
But authorities say DNA testing and an autopsy will need to be done to determine if the body is Lyntell Washington, the woman they’ve been seeking.

“I don’t want to be premature and say that it is her. We know it’s a female. That’s all I can say at this time,” Baton Rouge Police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely told reporters at noon Tuesday approximately a mile from where the body was found.

The search for Washington began Thursday after her 3-year-old daughter was found wandering alone in a parking lot near her mother’s abandoned car in Baton Rouge. Blood was found inside the vehicle.

The next day, Baton Rouge Police arrested Robert Marks, a 39-year-old assistant principal at the Baton Rouge school where Washington worked. Marks was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Jail on counts of aggravated kidnapping and desertion of the child.

He was accused of driving Washington’s child around Wednesday night and leaving the girl before she was discovered alone Thursday morning in a parking lot.
( :stormingmad: )

Marks, who is married to another woman, and Washington, who is seven months pregnant, were believed to have been romantically involved, police have said. They both work at Brookstown Magnet Honors Academy, a middle school, although Marks was put on administrative leave after his arrest.

The body was discovered around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday by sugarcane workers spraying pesticide near a ditch neighboring a sprawling sugarcane field off La. 76 in Iberville Parish, police said.

The area is approximately four miles from the swamps and secluded forests near Ramah where the Baton Rouge Police Department led an extensive search for Washington on Friday with the help of law enforcement from East Baton Rouge and Iberville parishes. Law enforcement officers combed through the area on boats, ATVs and a helicopter.

Multiple embedded videos & MUCHmore@link:

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/...where-authorities-had-been-searching-for-miss

ETA: direct links to videos:

BodyFound
https://social.newsinc.com/media/js...ideoPlayer/16x9&widgetId=2&trackingGroup=6901

Body Found (LE Presser w/Baton Rouge Police (lead), Iberville Sheriff & Louisiana State Police) [9:22 min video]:
https://social.newsinc.com/media/js...deoPlayer/16x9&widgetId=2&trackingGroup=69017

:(

:tears:
:rose:
:rose:
#JusticeForLyntell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help but think of Eugenie Boisfontaine, who is still missing (from 1997). There was a series on ID that followed the Iberville Parish Sheriff's Department's efforts to solve her case. She has a thread here:

LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298536

There are a few similarities, but maybe that's almost beyond the point. I don't know, I'm just bereft at the thought of Lyntell's child, left to grow up without her, and her unborn baby, never to be...

It all just makes me so sad....

:tears:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://theadvocate.com/news/1610900...nged-to-pregnant-woman-but-still-no-positive-

A badly decomposed body found Tuesday in a ditch in an Iberville Parish sugar cane field is that of a pregnant woman who’d been shot in the head, but DNA test results will be needed to identify the remains, the East Baton Rouge coroner said Wednesday...

The child died at the time of the mother’s death, but did not have signs of separate trauma, Clark said...

In the past, State Crime Lab officials have said processing DNA evidence generally takes 30 to 60 days but priority cases can be processed much more quickly.

I don't think this link had been posted
https://missingpersonsofamerica.com...olice-mom-is-in-lake-asst-principal-arrested/

“The child stated that Mr. Robbie hurt her mother and was now sleeping,” stated court documents. “The child stated that she was with her mother and Robbie when she heard a bang and after the bang her mom was shaking. She also stated that her mom’s in the lake and that it was dark outside when her mom got hurt.”

Poor little girl, I hope this doesn't turn out to be here first memory.. 😢😭

Real intelligent!
I took vows to love my wife.
I broke those vows by having an affair.
I took a job as the assistant principal. With that job carries the moral obligation to be a role model for the staff and students.
Instead of being a role model, I had an affair with a staff member.
Again I was responsible for safe sex. I failed .
The mistress is now pregnant. 7 months pregnant.
This wasn't a spur of the moment insanity, not knowing what to do!
SEVEN Months!! That's a LONG time to decide how to handle the situation. SEVEN months while the baby is growing and becoming viable to live outside the womb. SEVEN months!
I don't want my wife to know I broke our vows.
Therefore I murder the mistress, breaking a law in a huge way, rather than admitting the affair!!!
I murder the mistress, who I CHOOSE to have sex with! Who I CHOOSE to be with!!
Murder the mistress KNOWING she has a toddler that will be without a MOMMY!
KNOWING that murdering the mistress, I'm also murdering my unborn child!! ((Disclaimer, child might not even has been his! Maria Lauterbach was murdered by a married marine, and yet the baby wasn't even his!!))
KNOWING that leaving that toddler alone could have resulted in someone abducting her, sexually abusing her, murdering her, or she could have wandered into traffic and been hit. KNOWING the toddler had to be terified and missing her Mommy!!
I'm guessing LOTS of the staff already suspected or knew of the affair and pregnancy. Wouldn't be surprised if the wife hadn't heard whispers. The small child knew!

Tell me how ANY of that makes sense! AND YET, we see it time after time in these cases! HOW IN THE NAME OF HADES is MURDER the answer instead of TRUTH, and possibly a divorce, but not necessarily, couples have been known to work through affairs and have long marriages as well.

Family friend sheds new light on affair between slain teacher and alleged killer
Saturday, June 18th 2016, 7:36 am CDT

Mason said Washington had been involved with Marks for about a year and from what she could tell, he was exactly what the single mother was looking for. It was her understanding that Marks was unhappy in his marriage and going through a divorce, details Washington overlooked because she believed he was such a great person.

"He was complimentary and a gentleman. Just nice and funny, you know. He made her laugh and she was happy," Mason added.

The happiness faded as Mason said her dear friend found out rather than a new love, she was actually the other woman.

People are always quick to blame the woman. What they do not realize is that these men have good stories! They tell some stories that kind women will cringe at. They always say they are in the middle of a divorce. And they treat her better than anyone ever has--- and little does she know that is because he nothing to offer her other than treating her really well. My friend used to say "Cheaters always treat you the best! It is all they can give and they need to make sure you don't want to leave". I always hear those words when I see stories like this (my friend is now gone, sadly). I now have a new appreciation for "the other woman" that I do not know if I would have, without realizing the dynamics they are tricked into. My heart is so heavy for her, her family and especially her child. It is a miracle that he didn't kill the baby. Thank goodness for that one shred of something.

FYI for those interested: This case is on Nancy Grace tonight. Robert Marks' attorney and wife are the guests (she is currently defending him, claiming he's innocent)

Somehow, in the craziness of the news and stories lately, I missed this case. Horrible. Poor little one that survived :tears:

i saw this on NG tonight (havent gone to bed yet) and wow! the suspect's wife is in denial. i can understand she would be in shock but i wouldnt have gone on tv so soon after.

Kayla Marks, the wife of Robert Marks, told Nancy Grace that he is a loving husband.

“I just don’t see how he could do it,” Marks told Grace via a satellite interview alongside Robert Marks’ defense attorney. “I’m really just at a loss for words.”

Kayla Marks said she didn’t know Washington and had “no clue” about the affair.
http://wgno.com/2016/06/21/wife-of-...ling-pregnant-teacher-appears-on-nancy-grace/

Rush transcript of last night's show: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1606/20/ng.01.html

This case just makes me so sad, especially for the lite daughter.

is it known if they have investigated the following things:

- if the suspect had gunpowder on his hands or clothes?
- are the suspects cloths examinated on blood/bloodspatter?
- did the suspect own a gun?
- were the gunshots fired at close range?
- is the car being investigated, f.e. fingerprints, bullet cases? etc.

There should be more evidence for this case imo, cause of the amount of blood found in the car and on the 3 year old.

This is a horrible case and i really hope this precious child will be okay.

From October:

East Baton Rouge principal accused of killing pregnant teacher released on bond

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/article_2f81926a-9273-11e6-a3a9-83fe613295fb.html

Robert Jovantie Marks, the suspended Brookstown Middle Magnet School assistant principal, was expected to leave Parish Prison late Friday night after posting $500,000 bail in the slaying of a pregnant colleagues, jail officials confirmed.

District Judge Beau Higginbotham gave Marks, 39, of Zachary, the combined bail Tuesday after he pleaded not guilty earlier this month in the June shooting deaths of Lyntell Washington, 40, and her unborn child.

Marks, who was the biological father of the slain fetus, has been indicted on charges of second-degree murder and first-degree feticide.

Marks' next court date is Jan. 5.

Vice-principal accused in murder will be fired; Bail bond agency helped post bond

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back