GUILTY LA - Lyntell Washington, 40, pregnant, murdered, Baton Rouge, 9 June 2016 *Arrest*

The poor toddler!!! OMG I am horrified for the innocent angel witnessing what happened to her mommy(and unborn sibling)

He's absolute scum. I'm reading his wife is defending him on national tv already. Got to be kidding me. A three year old is pointing him out as the attacker and your first instinct is to defend him. REALLY ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex-Baton Rouge assistant principal: I had 'nothing to do' with pregnant colleague's murder

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_a48d8df0-6277-11e7-bc06-5b21a9d2134c.html

In a rare public comment, a former Brookstown Middle Magnet School assistant principal accused in the June 2016 shooting death of a pregnant colleague and the killing of her unborn child he fathered told reporters Thursday that he "had nothing to do with" her slaying.

Robert Jovantie Marks, 40, of Zachary, appeared in state District Judge Beau Higginbotham's courtroom for a motion hearing in his case, but at the request of both sides, the hearing was rescheduled for Nov. 13.

Trial date set for former school administrator accused of killing pregnant teacher

http://www.wafb.com/story/36828508/trial-date-set-for-former-school-administrator-accused-of-killing-pregnant-teacher

Robert Marks, 40, is charged in the shooting death of Lyntell Washingston, 40, the pregnant Baton Rouge school teacher found murdered in June 2016. Washington was reported missing the morning of June 9, 2016 after her 3-year-old daughter was found in Baton Rouge alone near her vehicle, which had blood inside it.

Marks is charged with second-degree murder and first-degree feticide. If convicted, he could face life in prison.

On Monday, Judge Beau Higginbotham set the trial date for August 6, 2018.

May 2018:

New Orleans lawyer's suspension puts Baton Rouge murder case, trial date in limbo
The criminal case against a former Brookstown Middle Magnet School assistant principal accused in the 2016 killing of a pregnant colleague and their unborn child has been thrown into limbo by the suspension of his attorney.

New Orleans lawyer Lionel "Lon" Burns, who is defending Robert Jovantie Marks against second-degree murder and first-degree feticide charges, was suspended for a year on May 1 by the Louisiana Supreme Court.

East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III, whose office is prosecuting Marks, said Burns' suspension is problematic.

"At this point we are not sure how we will proceed or how the trial will be affected," Moore said Friday. "This raises concerns for us in keeping this trial date."

Omg, new orleans. ... get it together. Someone keep it together enough to get this job done.

Off topic.... My coworker was from ohio. He said new orleans is the only place he has been that you get overly praised and can be the employee of the year by just showing up most of the time and kind of working. He's right. It's called the big easy for a reason. Long lunches (that often involve drinking), lots of socializing and relaxed way of life. It makes it easy to slide into the illegal realm, or at minimum, not doing your job realm. Hard to get things done quickly and effectively. Sorry for the side rant. Or story, maybe. Or explanation.

Ex-Baton Rouge assistant principal accused of killing pregnant colleague in 2016 given two months to hire new lawyer

A former Baton Rouge assistant principal accused of killing a pregnant colleague and their unborn child in 2016 has been given two months to hire another lawyer after his original attorney was suspended by the state's highest court.

Robert Jovantie Marks, 41, of Zachary, was scheduled to stand trial Monday on second-degree murder and first-degree feticide charges in the slaying of 40-year-old Lyntell Washington, but the trial was delayed.

State District Judge Beau Higginbotham, who is presiding over Marks' case, said Monday he understands that Marks wants to hire another lawyer, so the judge gave him until Oct. 4 to do so. Marks said outside the courtroom he was not ready to say who his new attorney will be.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back