LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015 *arrest*

What Happened To Meing-Chen 'Mandy' Hsiao? The Other Murder Linked To The Man Accused Of Killing Jessica Chambers

The murder of teenager Jessica Chambers, who was burned to death in Courtland, Mississippi, has generated headlines across the country since it happened in 2014.

But Chambers’ well-known murder is also linked to a much less well-known crime: The torture and murder of Meing-Chen Hsiao in Monroe, Louisiana in 2015.
[.....]
The Louisiana case against Tellis for the July 2015 murder of Meing-Chen Hsiao isn’t airtight either, according to an arrest warrant obtained by Oxygen.com. The warrant acknowledges that the murder charge is based “solely” on circumstantial evidence, rather than anything directly linking Tellis to the crime.
[.....]
Cops say that whoever killed her cut and stabbed her more than 30 times—sometimes with shallow knife wounds designed to inflict pain—inside her apartment in order to force her to reveal the PIN code to her debit card. Police found her body ten days later when a neighbor called about inactivity at her apartment.
[.....]
Louisiana courts have already sentenced Tellis to ten years in prison for using the stolen debit card. The murder warrant for his arrest in the Hsiao case came after he had already been extradited back to Mississippi on the murder charge in the Chambers case. Tellis has not been indicted by a grand jury for the Louisiana murder.

a lot more in article.

Here's Jessica's thread:
MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

SECOND mistrial declared in Jessica Chambers murder case after jurors are left deadlocked and unable to reach a verdict in the case of a Mississippi man accused of burning the cheerleader, 19, alive

1 October 2018

"...Tellis faces another murder indictment in Louisiana in the death of Meing-Chen Hsiao in Monroe. ..."

Second mistrial declared in Jessica Chambers murder case | Daily Mail Online
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Quinton Tellis met suspected Louisiana murder victim 'Mandy" Hsiao

Feb 25, 2016

"...When police found her stabbed to death in July, investigators caught Quinton Tellis with her debit card. Witnesses had placed him at her apartment just days before her murder.

“We can place him at the apartment shortly before the murder. And with the victim, a day or two before the murder,” Detective Duane Cookson of the Monroe Police Department said.

Louisiana investigators said Mandy rode her bike and was friendly to the local children. One of the kids was the seven-year-old stepson of Quinton Tellis.

“Mandy would ride up and down the street. She invited the children in to get some candy one time, and he became acquainted with in that manner,” Detective Cookson said...."

How Quinton Tellis met suspected Louisiana murder victim 'Mandy" Hsiao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So - who has access to the Ouachita Parish - 4th Judicial District Court? Maybe they have "something" in there for Tellis?

TIA! :)

Here's what I have:

*Waiting for Trial to start – LA – Meing-Chen (“Mandy”) Hsiao (34) (last seen July 29, 2015/found Aug. 8, 2015) – Quentin Verdell Tellis (27) – charged (8/16/16) with 1st degree murder. Case #16-F-001796
8/19/15: Was arrested for 3 counts of unauthorized use of an access card & 1 count of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. Plead guilty (5/12/16) to 1 count of unauthorized use of access card. Tellis’ plea deal saw the possession with intent charge severed from the agreement but not dismissed. He could face that charge in the future. The habitual offender status doubled the maximum penalty for his charge from a 5 year sentence to a 10 year hard labor sentence that will run concurrently with any other sentences.
Tellis also agreed to waive an extradition hearing & will/was return to Mississippi where he will face capital murder charges in connection with the December 2014 death of Jessica Chambers, 19. Quinton Tellis, who was charged in the 2014 Panola County burning death of Jessica Chambers, has been accused of torturing Hsiao to death on her bedroom floor. He was indicted in the Mississippi homicide as he sat in jail in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, in February 24, 2016 & then an arrest warrant for the Louisiana homicide was filed on Thursday, July 12, 2016 as he sat in jail in DeSoto County, Mississippi. Results of Jessica Chambers’ case; first trial ended in mistrial; 7-5 for State; retrial started Sept 24, 2018. Retrial ends (10/1/18) in another mistral; 6-6 split. No info on whether DA will retry this a 3rd time. Tellis being shipped back to Louisiana.

Too much?

Panola County District Attorney John Champion told reporters Monday that Quinton Tellis will be sent to Louisiana to face charges there after a second mistrial on capital murder charges in north Mississippi.

A judge declared the mistrial Monday after jurors told him they were deadlocked. Jurors also couldn't reach a verdict in Tellis' first trial last year.

In Louisiana, the 29-year-old Tellis has been indicted on a murder charge in the stabbing death of Meing-Chen Hsiao, a Taiwanese former graduate student, in the city of Monroe. Tellis has pleaded guilty to unauthorized use of Hsiao's debit card.

Defense attorney Darla Palmer tells reporters that the second trial "feels like a 'not guilty' to me."
The Latest: Prosecutor unsure on third trial in burning case

I am new to this case, and did not follow the Jessica Chambers case very closely, but Eric in this case...where was he during Jessica killing?
IDK, maybe someone else does. I would like to know too.
(Sorry for this long post)

Something has been gnawing at me in the back of my mind though. I was convinced that QT set Jessica on fire due to many reasons, but as it relates to this case, I have wondered that if Eric was with him, why didn't QT try to pin Jessica's murder on him?

This is the only thing I can come up with...that Eric will testify against QT in this trial, and it is a stronger case. During a pre-trial hearing".....

Without a jury present, Eric Hill testified that Tellis told him about using the card while both were drinking.

WHBQ-TV reported that Hill — a cousin of Tellis’ wife — testified that when asked about how Tellis had obtained the card, Hill replied, “he told me about a robbery and stabbing.”

Hill testified Tellis answered “yes” when asked if he’d stabbed someone and answered “yes” when asked if he’d stabbed the person more than once.

Louisiana judge limits testimony in Quinton Tellis’ theft case

Another thing that I find interesting is that QT was living in LA when Mandy was stabbed, but back in MS when Jessica was set on fire. When exactly did he move back to MS?

Quinton Tellis charged with Louisiana murder in addition to Jessica Chambers

Chambers was murdered in December of 2014; her burned body was found alongside a road.

In August 2014, ULM student Ming-Chen Hsiao was found stabbed to death in her apartment.

Something has been gnawing at me in the back of my mind though. I was convinced that QT set Jessica on fire due to many reasons, but as it relates to this case, I have wondered that if Eric was with him, why didn't QT try to pin Jessica's murder on him?

This is the only thing I can come up with...that Eric will testify against QT in this trial, and it is a stronger case. During a pre-trial hearing".....

Without a jury present, Eric Hill testified that Tellis told him about using the card while both were drinking.

WHBQ-TV reported that Hill — a cousin of Tellis’ wife — testified that when asked about how Tellis had obtained the card, Hill replied, “he told me about a robbery and stabbing.”

Hill testified Tellis answered “yes” when asked if he’d stabbed someone and answered “yes” when asked if he’d stabbed the person more than once.

Another thing that I find interesting is that QT was living in LA when Mandy was stabbed, but back in MS when Jessica was set on fire. When exactly did he move back to MS?

Chambers was murdered in December of 2014; her burned body was found alongside a road.

In August 2014, ULM student Ming-Chen Hsiao was found stabbed to death in her apartment.

I guess it must be just confusing because I'm new to the case. But something smells wrong in Denmark! On the face of it, it's too obvious to me that Eric was doing a tit-for-tat and one-upping as far as violence. I'm confused.

Perhaps an old-timer on the thread that understands all of this could explain how this Eric was not involved in Jessica's case. And he was totally not there. Cuz in reading this stuff, I'm thinking I would be going after this guy for sure.

Trying to post a theory without getting into trouble by talking about someone who is not a suspect.

Say, in December August 2014, Jessica is set on fire by either only Quinton, or with the help of someone named Eric. Someone he picked up/ran into after he left Jessica alone in the car and then went home to get the gas can. Or, perhaps that person was with them all along and just didn't have a cell phone with them. Either way, the mystery Eric was the one who actually set her on fire.

Then, several months later, Quinton, alone, murders Mandy.

At some point after that, Quinton is surprised to be arrested for Jessica's death, because while he was there, he didn't actually start the fire. And the media has been reporting Eric, so how'd they find out about him?

Then, they find out about him being involved in Mandy's death, for which there are NO other suspects.

He's in deep trouble now and is considering fessing up about who actually started the fire - someone named Eric.
But, someone named Eric says, "no, don't do that.....I'll get Mandy's murder pinned on someone else, and you'll get off....and there's no way you'll be convicted for Jessica's murder...."

So, the mystery Eric tries to throw someone else under the bus and creates a complete lie about them, convinced it will work.

It doesn't.

Crap, now QT is still on trial for the fire he didn't actually SET, but was still there. AND the other plan didn't work. So now he's on the hook for both murders.

He decides to wait it out and see what happens in Jessica's trial. If he gets convicted, there's no way he's gonna take the full rap for that, but let's wait and see.

Whew, another hung jury.

Now only one more trial to get through. He thinks, "I suppose there's still a chance that I won't get convicted for this one, but if I do......I just might not keep my mouth shut anymore about Jessica's murder, because what do I have to lose?"

Or maybe he would.....

There's a lot we (the average non-criminal) probably don't understand about snitching, etc.....

THIS IS JUST A THEORY. I watched both of QT's trials for Jessica's murder.

Refering to people who know more about this than me - I've seen many episodes of Columbo and Diagnosis Murder but for some reason that doesn't qualify me as an expert in US law - is Tellis marrying Chakita Jackson, are there any spousal privileges that apply? I can't imagine this man suddenly deciding that the woman who had been disposable for a while was suddenly the love of his life

I have to apologize. The article I posted in my post above had the wrong year for Mandy's death (2014). It was throwing me for a loop, until I finally re-read the indictment again...it is 2015, which now makes sense. QT was released from prison in Oct 2014. Sorry for any confusion.

I am new to this case, and did not follow the Jessica Chambers case very closely, but Eric in this case...where was he during Jessica killing?
You're reading my mind, aren't you, dixiegirl? :D Does anyone know where this Eric in this case was during Jessica's killing?

The below quote, taken from one of the many articles, really stands out to me. I'll admit right now, I do not believe a word that comes out of "Eric Hills" mouth, period!

Jackson told police Tellis didn't work but stayed home and watched her son. When he wasn't doing that, she said, he was with her cousin, Eric Hill.

Hill initially told police that another man named Curtis Lemons had allegedly told him he had stabbed Hsiao until she gave up the PIN to her debit card. Hill then picked Lemons out of a photo lineup but wouldn't initial it. He then looked at another lineup that included Tellis and said he didn't know anyone in it.

Court documents stated Hill told police Hsiao was stabbed and sliced in various ways meant to inflict pain until she gave up the PIN and that not all the wounds were meant to kill her — details only the killer would know.

Lemons was cleared. When police confronted Hill with the fact that they knew he was Jackson's cousin and associated with Tellis, Hill admitted he knew the details because Tellis had told him and that he had wanted to frame Lemons. Hill told police he and Tellis were telling "war stories" about their criminal histories, even trying to "one up" each other, when Tellis told him about going "to a lady's house" where he "robbed her of her credit cards, beat her up pretty bad, and stabbed her."

*Sorry can't find the link to the article that the above quote comes from* Ugh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back