LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cemetery would not be on that route at all. The cemetery is between the Circle K and congress street; to the right of the truck in timeframe 1:51am.

Hey guys. I see some folks trying to work out Mickey's route (or intended route). I just wanted to point out a somewhat well-known shortcut through Blackham Coliseum. I used to drive through it all the time when I lived in that neighborhood. It connects to a brand new, well-lit and very pleasant bike path that runs along Cajundome Blvd.

Attachments

• 5oEF7.jpg
    5oEF7.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 32
To the right of the pole, it looks like a 33-46ish white male with dark hair, a receding hairline, and possibly glasses facing to the left, wearing a white t-shirt and dark pants. He looks height-weight proportionate.

The white stuff to the left of the pole is what makes it confusing. It doesn't look like anything specific, and the white bleeds in with the white shirt on the guy so much that it makes it seem like the man to the right of the pole may just be an optical illusion, like the face on Mars.

OMG this made my brain hurt so bad. TY!

reason to freak. When did this happen? Never again will I walk home at night. freak out.

For some reason that sounds kinda creepy. Like he planted it, then "discovered" it so he could look like the hero to Mickey's best friend, and perhaps have Mickey get to know him a little bit. I think I'm just way over-tired. Time to hit the hay.

It is strange and not a bad theory.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se...nick/#fcanchor

"Police Pinpoint Mickey's Steps, Surveillance Video Provides Lead
05/25/2012 10:35 PM by Maddie Garrett
After almost a week of no leads in the case of Mickey Shunick, Lafayette Police said they finally got the break they were looking for with video surveillance of Mickey riding her bike on Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street.
In both videos, a white, four door pickup truck is captured on video after Mickey traveled those streets. The surveillance video comes from Lafayette Consolidated Government and is taken in front of the Circle K on St. Landry."

It's not the olds following her on Versailles, it the truck.

And I still believe that is a third white truck at the redlight on st landry in the circle k pic I posted on thread 10.

The cop who found it, I have actually researched and he lives within a few blocks of MS

I seem to remember something about him knowing where Brettly lived, or something that didn't seem like he should have known. Is that right?

Courville Rd was some cryptic post made on another forum.

I thought Mickey went down Parkside to Versaille to St John to St Landry. I figured it was to avoid the dark and spooky Parkside, and Versaille to University would have put her on a busy road (Uni).
I would like to propose that parkside is not that dark and spooky and that MS saw a vehicle on the other side of parkside from where she was that was all lit up and old and slow; so she decided to go left on Versailles. If parkside had been clear, I think she might have taken it (I would); it is direct to university.

bbm: OK, do you have super software and mean this seriously, or are ya funning with me? Because I was serious though uncertain ...

I was serious. But after looking at the photo again, the part that looked like a dude's hair is probably just the right upper corner of the vehicle since it looks congruent to the vehicle's left upper corner.

People think that parkside begins at BW house; I think it does. But what I discovered today on the tour with BayouBecky is that parkside crosses versailles (in back of MS on versailles) and goes to west university. There is a school that is on the left of parkside; some houses to the right. However living in this area, I do believe that these house have entrances on side streets not facing parkside. many people think parkside ends at West university, but today I crossed over st landry went rt after the medical offices and voila the next street I hit was parkside. Parkside must make a loop around; does it go anywhere from BW house? back to the St street area behind the medical offices on st landry - like in one big circle?

Afraid of passing by the cemetery perhaps?

That little block of Parkside between University and Versailles is very dark, very narrow (one lane, one way), and runs along a coulee. And next to a freaking graveyard. It's a very good neighborhood, but it looks very dark and creepy and is also a good way to get hit by a car that's turning off of University.

Versailles and St. John are well-lit, wide roadways with sparse, slow-moving traffic.

Alright, I did a little more investigating earlier coming from a friends house. I stopped by the Circle K and checked it out, I even questioned the cashier since I'm a regular and I knew she would tell...

There is if fact an analog camera outside of the store as well (the little round black cameras). As a matter of fact a police officer had just stopped by and checked out the footage. He informed the cashier, L<modsnip>, that they discovered Mickey had in fact been inside the Circle K that day. There are many cameras in the area, as I have reiterated before, most of which would have better view of what happened. For example, there are two more cameras at the Lafayette Consolidated Government building, and one more at Martin & Castille funeral home. Now whether there is actual working footage on these cameras could be a problem. Let's hope that there is and LE is getting closer.

Wouldn't it be something, if the reason she went willingly...is because of a uniform or other item that causes folks to feel safe?

It's concerning that it could be a cop but I do not believe she went with anyone of her own accord.

That could have easily turned it slights off from the parkside/versailles intersection to st landry street. In fact if he was truly stalking , he probably would turn his headlights of fat night to not bring attention to himself. ask me how I know; I have gotten tickets for driving without headlights at night. That being said, if cars do not have headlights on at night, cops do give tickets readily in these areas. I have gotten at least 3. So a PERP would be risking something NOT Having headlights on IMHO.

Hey guys. I see some folks trying to work out Mickey's route (or intended route). I just wanted to point out a somewhat well-known shortcut through Blackham Coliseum. I used to drive through it all the time when I lived in that neighborhood. It connects to a brand new, well-lit and very pleasant bike path that runs along Cajundome Blvd.

Once I saw that Mickey was on St. Landry, I immediately knew this was her route. I utilized this shortcut all the time. I must say that traveling on a bike past the desolate old Our Lady of Lourdes hospital would take courage. This is likely where it went down IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon