LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would this theory explain the bike being found in Whiskey Bay with one damaged back rim/tire?

And how is this**a picture of a UFO making a mockery of missing MS** OK, and looking at a blatant connection of a bike being found by someone that lives around her and her best friend not? Hmmm.
Goodnight everyone.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se...nick/#fcanchor

It's not the olds following her on Versailles, it the truck.

And I still believe that is a third white truck at the redlight on st landry in the circle k pic I posted on thread 10.

I agree. It appears to me that the truck at the light is a GMC, The front end nearest the grille is more round and opposed to the sharp corners of a Chevy Grille. A lot of people think GMC and Chevy are identical, but theyre not, and if youre around them a lot you tend to notice the differences even in grainy pictures.

Sleuthing law enforcement is a definite no-no!

What?! I hate to burst your bubble but cops are people and some of them are very bad people. NOLA had a cop who was a serial killer.

Once I saw that Mickey was on St. Landry, I immediately knew this was her route. I utilized this shortcut all the time. I must say that traveling on a bike past the desolate old Our Lady of Lourdes hospital would take courage. This is likely where it went down IMO.

Also that entire stretch between Dean St. and Coliseum Rd. There's no one in front, no one to the left, no one to the right.... only the neighborhood in the distance behind you. It can seem quite desolate at St. Landry and Coliseum.

notlaw Could you change your image to a link because your picture's size has blown the margins?

I was serious. But after looking at the photo again, the part that looked like a dude's hair is probably just the right upper corner of the vehicle since it looks congruent to the vehicle's left upper corner.

Thanks (and sorry for not being sure -- lots of jokesters about tonight, it seems!) But, FWIW, what I thought I might be seeing didn't include the white patch -- I did take that as glare, etc. -- it's just to the right of that -- like a mostly-dark figure, with an arm stretched out, kinda leaning on and slightly crouched by the car

I wholeheartedly disagree. The cops and anyone in a position of power should be held to a higher standard of scrutiny than anyone else.

I've seen several times posted here in these MS threads that sleuthing of anyone other than a named POI is a violation of this site's TOS.

Did not mean to cause any upset...just an angle I had been thinking about for a few days

Can somebody please look at the image mamamia54 posted with this (back at post #32 this thread) and tell me whether there's any chance that is someone standing OUTSIDE the dark car, on the driver's side, sort of bent over?

Probably not -- it wouldn't be the first time I've seen things in all these pics that probably aren't there! -- but just want a few other pairs of eyes to check.

ETA: OK, maybe not driver's side -- more clearly: on the side of the car next to the curb
I went back and looked and I thank you for your attention to detail. On the right side of that black car I see something odd too. Instead of normal car contours on the right, it looks like a person standing besides the car. is that what you see? like along the back rear (cars left) by the gas tank is a head and figure of a person. I cannot for the life of me figure out what a person would be doing there at 2 am unless he parked, got out of the car and went to the ATM which is just in front of the car on the left. Usually people try to get closer to ATM's than this at night I think. any other ideas?

Once I saw that Mickey was on St. Landry, I immediately knew this was her route. I utilized this shortcut all the time. I must say that traveling on a bike past the desolate old Our Lady of Lourdes hospital would take courage. This is likely where it went down IMO.

That multi-level parking garage beside of the hospital makes me bristle. On the University of Tennessee campus in Knoxville, there's a similar garage that is beside of a Sheraton Four Points that is often used as a staging area for muggings on the sidewalk. A friend of mine said a came out of it once with a knife and demanded money. My friend pulled out a handgun and said, "Another step forward and you're either going up or down."

OK, so I have the name of the guy who lives at that second house on the right with the white truck. Can't really find anything on him though. Any ideas anyone??
what second house on the right with a white truck?

People are seeing things.

Yeah, probably ... as I said from the outset. But if you think maybe you do, when it comes to this case ...it's hard to feel good about not at least running it by someone else, just in case

Also that entire stretch between Dean St. and Coliseum Rd. There's no one in front, no one to the left, no one to the right.... only the neighborhood in the distance behind you. It can seem quite desolate at St. Landry and Coliseum.

It would be difficult to hear a scream in that area... That's where my friends and I play flag football. Hopefully this isn't the crime scene, almost too perfect.

Another thing that crossed my mind is about an incident I had a couple months back at City Bar. I was out with a few coworkers, I'm a waiter, and a very attractive female friend of mine came to me and said that she saw a guy slip something in her drink. She pointed out the group of guys to me and a friend and as soon as we looked up they were out the door. By the time we told the bouncers they were out of site. This was a regular occurence there recently of date raping and a couple employees were fired.. Hm

That being said, I wont say another word about it. My apologies...

No worries, I just wanted to try to stop anyone from posting anything else and give ya'll a chance to delete some posts before the mods get up if you should feel so inclined. :angel:

I also want to say :seeya: WELCOME :seeya:to all of the new WS'ers from LA! What a huge help that will be to sleuthing this case! I hope you look around a bit - fresh eyes can be a great thing to some older cases.

:moo:

Maybe not, but we don't really have a time stamp on these. Though if she is on Versailles turning left somewhere, it could indicate that she some how headed back to BW's and that was actually taken after the Circle K pic. I just can't figure out the left from Versailles anywhere on her route.

This pic has her going the wrong way! OMG! I don't know how to upload a picture! I have the street view up on google maps. I have the speed sign at my bottom right next to the electrical pole. This has her going back the way she would have just came. Ugh. I am so tired. Maybe I am just confusing myself.

ETA: if she turning left, it would be on to Parkside to University
I went out looking for the speed sign today and did not see it. Are you saying that MS could have turned around on Versailles and then somehow managed to get to st landry from there? How would that matter? SHe made it to St Landry any way she did; unharmed. Unless she could have been followed by that dark vehicle by the ATM with someone standing beside it instead of by the car at the parkside/versailles intersection or the OLDS 98. We need to determine if MS was going straight past the school on Versailles and turned rt on st john. NO SIGHTING ON ST JOHN SO she may not have gone there.

notlaw Could you change your image to a link because your picture's size has blown the margins?

Nah, I'm gonna remain in the 21st century and force the un-evolved to upgrade to a monitor that supports a screen resolution higher than 800x600, or stop using Internet Explorer, or wait for Websleuths to invest in some better forum software. Whatever the problem is, it's something not handling large images gracefully. So, nah. :)

Works fine here... Chrome, Mac 10.6, 1440x900
:fence:

Edit- Just kidding, by the way. We'll probably be two or three more threads deep by the time I can edit the image. Let's find Mickey!

No worries, I just wanted to try to stop anyone from posting anything else and give ya'll a chance to delete some posts before the mods get up if you should feel so inclined. :angel:

I also want to say :seeya: WELCOME :seeya:to all of the new WS'ers from LA! What a huge help that will be to sleuthing this case! I hope you look around a bit - fresh eyes can be a great thing to some older cases.

Done, Thanks for the heads up.

I wish more thugs would get shot in the commission of their acts. Time to turn the tide on the sleaze running amok in this country.

As for that stuff about sleuthing a cop - nobody posted a name or any info. And, Brettly was never a POI but people sure piled on him. As far as I know, there is no POI that has been named.

Looking closely I can see where it does appear someone may be standing or leaning slightly over the car, but I see it on the passenger's side, on the right side of the car.
I see it on the drivers side toward the rear door; assuming it is a 4 door. If there is a person here and MS was going other way on Versailles; this car would be vehicle of interest. Only thing a person could be doing here at this hour is going to ATM; and most people would try to get closer. Can anyone look at MS eyes more closely on Versailles and see if she is gazing in a direction. Sorry I have presbyopia.

Nah, I'm gonna remain in the 21st century and force the un-evolved to upgrade to a monitor that supports a screen resolution higher than 800x600, or stop using Internet Explorer, or wait for Websleuths to invest in some better forum software. Whatever the problem is, it's something not handling large images gracefully. So, nah. :)

Works fine here... Chrome, Mac 10.6, 1440x900
:fence:

Or just refuse to adapt to a community you have joined, to each his own. Wouldn't be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member