LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this news to be bittersweet, it seems so far "all roads lead to nowhere" meaning I really had hoped that the truck or car would lead them to M....:(

I'd caution us against revealing in a post information about where one's going to sleuth. Lots of members and guests reading. If you want to let someone know your mission and prospective whereabouts, a pm would be a better idea. Safety first, all.

Well, did they see anything? How do they rule them out as suspects anyway Did they check their car, house, etc. for any signs? Question their wifes, neighbors? They had to of seen Mickey on her bike or something or the abduction taking place.

I just wonder how Investigators rule them out so quickly..

I'm inclined to believe that LE probably knows a lot more than they're letting on--therefore they only needed a certain bit of information and it was easily gotten, or perhaps they identified these drivers last night and have already verified alibis? It's possible that they just wanted to talk to these drivers to validate some sort of information they have pieced together and they weren't suspects at all instead of just witnesses?

from KATC's fb.

Lafayette police have announced they have identified the owners and drivers of two of the vehicles of interest--the white pick-up truck with a bed cover seen on Amb. Caffery near Mickey's neighborhood and the older-model car. Investigators have ruled out those individuals as suspects in the case. Police are still searching for the white Chevy Z-71 pick-up seen on surveillance near the corner of St. Landry and University.

So, let me clarify, the white truck in this picture is still sought.

Attachments

• pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 96
Hi All, I have been lurking for a while. I just realised I must have made an account when I was following the Lauren Spierer case.

So the surveilance photo that shows the truck which has yet to be identified has no time stamp on, do you think LE will come out with the exact time it travelled down St Landry past the circleK? It's the only photo we have of it, I wonder they have not released a photo of it further down because it took a left and went down Brashear street? If so cams are going to need to be checked a lot further out..

Wow, Wish we had a way to let Chicken know....the car is found and cleared.

I sent him a message to let him know. I doubt what I found helped LE find the car. I only showed it to Chicken late last night, and he just posted it's location an hour ago.

Thanks. I was hoping I was wrong. Have a 3:00 (eastern) meeting. =/

WS bat signal would be handy
A WS app for an iPhone would be nice. Not like I have an iPhone though.

Thanks. I was hoping I was wrong. Have a 3:00 (eastern) meeting. =/

WS bat signal would be handy

And I have a 2pm (central) job interview. Which I should be getting ready for now. Guess I'll have to catch up late.

Hi All, I have been lurking for a while. I just realised I must have made an account when I was following the Lauren Spierer case.

So the surveilance photo that shows the truck which has yet to be identified has no time stamp on, do you think LE will come out with the exact time it travelled down St Landry past the circleK? It's the only photo we have of it, I wonder they have not released a photo of it further down because it took a left and went down Brashear street?
Hi Sharonuk, and welcome to WS.

That girl in the video certainly didn't seem braindead after getting tazed, was it a result of that injury? Correct me of I'm wrong but the poster probably was demonstrating how a fall on concrete could result in severe injury/death.

So, let me clarify, the white truck in this picture is still sought.

If we're sure that the truck on St. Landry going towards the way Mickey was going and back towards University are the same truck, then yes. They located the one that wasn't on St. Landry.

Unless I saw the wrong vid somehow, confused at what this has to do with it...??? hmmmm

Comparing some girl whose running away from a cop and gets tasered in her back and falls and hits her head hard to a girl on her bike who supposedly got rear-ended by a truck is quite different. Two totally different scenarios...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500