LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the trail turn dead cold at the corner of St. Landry and University. Just six-tenths of a mile from her departure point. Your are right. The truck may be a total red herring. But without, how do we proceed?

I think it's safe to assume that she was acquainted with many people living in that area bordered by St Landry/St Mary/Johnston/University just by virtue of the fact that she was a senior at UL. That whole area is heavily populated with students.

Somebody last night who knew Rocky, said his Z-71 was an extended cab. Not a 4-door. Comment?

All the more reason to be skeptical of the rumors about him.

The angle I'm coming from is this: I'd love for this to be over. I'd love for it to be McGee. But my emotional reserves are running low. I gotta start being choosier about which theories I invest myself in. And the McGee one has nothing concrete underneath it.

Yet LE says they found NOTHING in the searches, nothing apparently off Mickey's bike was found on the roadway. Then when the bike was found, LE said, the bike was not damaged, only the rear wheel. So, how does that happen? Did the rear wheel blow because of a hard bump on the road, or from someone hitting it from behind?

Then that leads to, ok, if she just hit a bump hard and the tire blew, where did it happen? It had to be right there at the circle K, was that why it looked as if in the picture she had her leg down on the road? Round and round we go.

I find that highly unlikely. If it were me, at that age, I would have told one my girlfriends (at Artmosphere).

I am really troubled by the person at Catfish Heaven (is that the name?) who wadded up her missing poster and threw it on the ground. VERY troubled, in fact.

My scenario is partly based on a very scary experience of my own many years ago. I was lucky to escape it. I was a little older than she is now and I told no one where I was going (and the situation was very similar, I was out with friends). I can see it happening the way I described it very easily.

What if she met someone at Artmosphere who invited her to his home? What if he lived off of Brashear? What if she wrapped up her evening with BW planning to head to this guy's home without letting anyone know? What if the as-yet-unknown text was from him, looking for ETA, impatient. What if once she got there things went horribly wrong? What if he dumped the bike in an attempt at misdirection and in order to discourage any suspicion of the houses in the neighborhood? What if the only reason LE is looking at white trucks is for someone who may have seen her in order to narrow down her last known vicinity? Is she being held there? How plausible of a scenario is this?

I though the last text message was known to be from Ashley Says. I do not have a link for that, but I thought it was public record. She was one of the main search organizers.

chicken fried: When do you anticipate that your "big production" will be ready to unveil? Maybe not 'til tomorrow? (I was hoping to stick around for it, but gotta get some sleep.)

Sorry for the delay. i need to let my info percolate a little, and it's going to take some heavy writing and good non-tired thinking and photoshop work. May not be until early-mid-=afternoon. Sorry to leave y'all hanging. Can't go off half-cocked. Trying to gather a little more info, too.

I find that highly unlikely. If it were me, at that age, I would have told one my girlfriends (at Artmosphere).

I am really troubled by the person at Catfish Heaven (is that the name?) who wadded up her missing poster and threw it on the ground. VERY troubled, in fact.

I remember somebody talking about Catfish Heaven and throwing the poster away. Catfish Heaven is a very large pond.

I though the last text message was known to be from Ashley Says. I do not have a link for that, but I thought it was public record. She was one of the main search organizers.

I've not read anything about that but I could have missed it. I thought it was still an unknown.

Sorry for the delay. i need to let my info percolate a little, and it's going to take some heavy writing and good non-tired thinking and photoshop work. May not be until early-mid-=afternoon. Sorry to leave y'all hanging. Can't go off half-cocked. Trying to gather a little more info, too.

I will definitely try to tune in from time to time tomorrow, then -- I sure want to hear what you have to say.

Goodnight all -- keep sleuthing, don't get discouraged. Prayers for Mickey!

My thoughts, after watching some dateline and observing other cases similar to this, we are looking at an intentional act with malicious intent. For example, John Gardner is a model perp for a crime such as this.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/killer-john-gardner-lured-amber-dubois-threat-knife/story?id=10664589

People who do this are repetitive in nature and display psychopathic tendencies, but aren't necessarily psychotic. Rather they are normal, with some sort of dysfunctional way of dealing with things and anger problems. They can blend into surroundings and get away with things based on the randomness and obsurdity of the act.

Judging by our best evidence yet, the bike, the guy knows what he is doing. Whiskey Bay indicates we are dealing with someone familiar with their surroundings. The crime scene speaks volumes as well. He was smart enough to do it in a dark place with not many people around and about, unlike most other places in Lafayette, even at that hour.

I've considered the return route as well. Maybe she forgot something...maybe a million reasons. She's young, she wasn't far from where she started..

I don't think the possibility of her circling back has been ruled out, especially since we really have NO idea where she was after 1:48 AM. None.

happened could have happened at She could have gone anywhere. Whatever 1:50 or 4:00AM. Baffling.

BBM
YES...Exactumoondo,my friend!

I'm pretty sure the areas we searched have been searched by LE somewhat. Some specific areas they have definately searched thoroughly. Plus searchers must sign a release form giving info and drivers liscense. I doubt the perp would risk this.

Before TES came in you didnt have to give a driver's license.

I will definitely try to tune in from time to time tomorrow, then -- I sure want to hear what you have to say.

Goodnight all -- keep sleuthing, don't get discouraged. Prayers for Mickey!

That camera at 216 holds a lot of answers.

I want to know if it caught the truck in question (the one heading west behind Mickey. LE has NOT released that info.

My thoughts, after watching some dateline and observing other cases similar to this, we are looking at an intentional act with malicious intent. For example, John Gardner is a model perp for a crime such as this.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/killer-john-gardner-lured-amber-dubois-threat-knife/story?id=10664589

People who do this are repetitive in nature and display psychopathic tendencies, but aren't necessarily psychotic. Rather they are normal, with some sort of dysfunctional way of dealing with things and anger problems. They can blend into surroundings and get away with things based on the randomness and obsurdity of the act.

Judging by our best evidence yet, the bike, the guy knows what he is doing. Whiskey Bay indicates we are dealing with someone familiar with their surroundings. The crime scene speaks volumes as well. He was smart enough to do it in a dark place with not many people around and about, unlike most other places in Lafayette, even at that hour.

With all due respect, we don't have a crime scene. At all.

My scenario is partly based on a very scary experience of my own many years ago. I was lucky to escape it. I was a little older than she is now and I told no one where I was going (and the situation was very similar, I was out with friends). I can see it happening the way I described it very easily.

I've also done such foolish things. One turned out quite badly.

I don't think we can count on her telling someone.

i had a friend around her age COMPLETELY disappear from a bar. she didnt tell anyone where she was going, and she had ridden there with us. one minute she was there, the next she was gone. evidently she had decided it was a good idea to go home with a random stranger without telling ANYONE. we were in a total panic. everything turned out fine thankfully.

@JurysOut: That's an idea I hadn't even considered. Is it possible she was abducted later in the night? Probably unlikely, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01