LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, correct. But the signal has to be sent at that exact moment, or at least that was my understanding. You will have to excuse last nights post, I know a lot about Wireless, and I have no idea who pursuit mag is. I will tell you that the way about this is worded makes me believe that it is not the "gospel truth.". I will now stop with this conversation. It would be really difficult to verify my professional experience in telcom at this point. I still have friends that can do so, but really do not want to put them out as they are working hard to keep their job at Verizon.

I do have a friend that still works at Verizon in technical support. I will ask, because I do not believe you can ping to determine last location. B/C the phone is no longer there. If this were the case, no one would ever have a missing phone, and apple's "where's my phone would not be so popular".

Without GPS being on that phone, it will never be found if it is not destroyed or under water. So I would think the phone issue is done. I think the most important question is --- Where is MS? For all I know she could have left her phone at his home, dropped it, etc.

LA

I pinged her phone and it failed. I most definitely did not receive her last location. But thats not to say the FBI or LPD dont have some way to do it. That I dont know

Brettley looks like Woody Allen!

I was trying to think of who he reminded me of!

Any way!

Who took Mickey?

I've always wondered if someone drugged her, or if she got stomach cramps while riding. I once had stomach cramps six miles from home. It was horrible. I had to ride with them. I thought I was going to die. I could see how either thing might make her stop temporarily.

LA

I think its someone she knows or is failiar with and they stopped and said hey we will give ya a lift home! Put the bike in the back and Poof!

Well, we have the random post of a girl who probably doesn't even know Rocky and a statement from police that they have talked with him, and still have no suspects or persons of interest.

I don't know who y'all are going to believe. I'm gonna go with LE.

Thanks for this! I knew I had seen there was a text after the 1:31 am call.

JMO

Brettley does not say that she received the text after the phone call. He says she also received a text. LE has confirmed that the phone call was the last activity on her cell phone.

hmmmmm. maybe we should try to figure his alibi for that night and morning. his alibi must have panned out, otherwise he'd be in custody. i think it's just a silly girl saying silly things that she heard through the grapevine, but it's worth looking into.

We aren't allowed to sleuth people who aren't named POI or suspect.

i LOVE greasy food while hungover. chinese buffet food settles a hangover.

She was hungover the day she went missing. Has there been any account of what she did the night before? That could be key as to whether the perp saw her that night, saw her route, etc.

this was interesting!

TRAILING vs. TRACKING. Many people use these terms interchangeably, but they are not the same. TRACKING dogs follow the smell of crushed and/or disturbed vegetation and ground litter (twigs, leaves, etc.). This "scent" is short lived, and is highly subject to contamination; if another person walks across the "track" they will leave a fresher, better track for the dog to follow, but they are both essentially the same other than age. Tracking is very difficult on hard or paved surfaces. Depending on how the dog is trained, there may be a component of human scent involved, but it is either not the primary focus of the dog, or it is generic human scent not a specific person's scent the dog is following. Tracking dog handlers are always very concerned about the track being contaminated.
TRAILING dogs on the other hand follow, or trail, the individual scent path left by a person as they walk (or run, or ride a bike, or, yes, even if they are in a vehicle). This scent trail is not subject to contamination because each person's scent is individual, and remains distinct from any and all other person's scent trails in the area. Well-trained dogs can follow their subject even though hundreds or even thousands of other people walked through the same area. Trailing dog handlers are NOT concerned about the trail being contaminated

http://www.scentevidencecanines.com/missinglink3.htm

Does Artmosphere have cameras?

Could she have gone back there for something? She left something behind and wanted to catch the employees before they left for the night?

Where did Mickey go? Mickey~ please give us a sign!

She was last seen headed away from Artmosphere, toward her home.

If it was a man, maybe was trying to be kind by not telling him.

Mickey and Brettley are friends. They do not have romantic feelings for each other. There would have been no reason for Mickey to hide a text from a guy.

Guys, y'all do know LE has checked Mickey's phone records and have said they found nothing that helps them with their search?

No bike rack and BW is a biking guy. Wondering why. Side trips or areas outside your regular area would be where I would take a bike to explore.

BW is a long distance, very seasoned cyclist. He has taken his bike to get to the side trips and areas outside of his regular area before. He doesn't necessarily need a car to transport the bike!

Good question, charminglane. It would be interesting to know if there has been activity on her ATM card since 05/19/2012 at the Taco Bell.

LE has stated that the Taco Bell transaction is the last time Mickey's ATM card was used.

I read for days about a white truck. I can see for sure that there's a white truck on that one road. What I can't tell for sure is whether I'm looking at Mickey on her bike or some complete stranger. Help me understand how everyone can be sure it's her.

BW was cleared. OK!
but but but!!!!

He HAD A GIRLFRIEND! Wonder how she felt about Mickey planning on living with him? Was she going to live with them too? AND where was this girl that night while BW and MS shared Taco Bell AT 1 am?

<snip!>

I'm not ruling out jealousy - from any direction.

I read for days about a white truck. I can see for sure that there's a white truck on that one road. What I can't tell for sure is whether I'm looking at Mickey on her bike or some complete stranger. Help me understand how everyone can be sure it's her.
Can't find a link right now but I believe her family (and possibly a couple of friends) were able to review the surveillance footage and were certain it was her.

Found link from KATC.com :
Mickey Shunick's Family Speaks Out About Developments In Case
05/28/2012 11:55 PM

"Her hair was pretty big and blonde and we have similar mannerisms, so as soon as I saw it, I knew that was my sister," said Charlie.

But wasn't she a senior in college? I think it is normal to plan to relocate after graduation. They were just talking about moving to New Orleans, from what I read.

I believe she may have been thinking about attending Tulane.

How "hip" can you be if you never leave your own area?

I guess in your own mind you can be as "hip" as you want to be.

He is hip enough to have ridden his bike for hundreds of miles to raise money for a charity. And he doesn't call himself hip, does he?

And seriously folks, it is freaking HOT down here right now. The saints streets is a tight knit community. If she was there someone would know. And I'm sorry to say this but with the heat, they'd have found her by now :(

Unless she is alive and not decomposing:please:

Can LE track a computer address?

Yes.

I had RLS for 17 years! I know how you feel! Luckily I found the cure for mine! 2 years without ANY symptoms!!
Now I just have insomnia off and on throughout the month! LOL...
I will hang out here with you! :)

:banghead: Where is MICKEY???

Please share your remedy!

Ok regarding BW it was in the press conference during the question and answers. He did not state the word cleared here but stated comfortable with his story.

So did not state have not ruled anyone out which I would expect if he had not been ruled out.

ETA That was in direct response to a question specific to BW.

I believe Chief Craft also confirmed on Nancy Grace that BW had taken a polygraph and had no problems with it.

BW was cleared. OK!
but but but!!!!

He HAD A GIRLFRIEND! Wonder how she felt about Mickey planning on living with him? Was she going to live with them too? AND where was this girl that night while BW and MS shared Taco Bell AT 1 am?

I am just asking...
I know people might not have answers. It just make me go huh???
I agree he is suffering!

The wheels in my head are just turning while we wait!

He has an EX-GIRLFRIEND.

Agreed! Plus let's face it - bw is a guy w a crush where the feeling wasn't mutual & yet this supposed "weird" guy is putting himself thru anything necessary to clear himself so LE can move fwd w the case, he & MS remained friends despite her rejection, & he's been on tv in news etc getting her case out there. Imagine the courage it takes to hear things abt yourself & how ur perceived & yet stay the course & keep wkng to help ur friend. He could have hidden at the 1st sign of unpleasantness & fueled a fire of suspicion that would hv taken the case way off track. He put himself out there instead & put ms 1st.

What? Where do you get that BW is a guy with a crush? Every statement made by him or friends indicates that he and Mickey were just friends, and that's how he thought of her, as a friend.

I totally agree that BW has gone WAY out of his way to do everything he can to help find Mickey. To be interviewed for sixteen hours without a lawyer, to open his home, phone records, computer records and LIFE to LE and the general public....well, he's got my vote as the World's Best Best Friend.

I would not be totally surprised if she were a mile or less from where she went missing, just because we've been looking so hard everywhere else. Just saw the warnings about the rumors and never saw the posts. But one angle we really haven't considered is that maybe she hasn't gone far. No way to know, yet.

So how does one investigate such a thing? Hire private investigators to folllow neighbors around for the day?

This isn't fact, but it is based on one of the facts above. If MS and BW had biked to the club, then to his house, someone could have followed them. The perp could have waited until they left for Taco Bell, then done something to the rear tire of her bike. If she was having bike trouble then, that could account for her taking a different route or even pulling in to a parking lot to check it out. The LPD having the bike would be good in this case, because they should be able to tell if it was tapered with or not. It does concern me that the LPD mentioned the crime lab was going to see if it had indeed been hit. I'm guessing the damage was there but not obvious.

This is probably exactly what you were trying to get away from, but my mind is grasping at straws hoping something will add up.

Except I think she put her bike inside BW's house, while they went to TB. I think BW kept his bike inside the house, especially after the time it was stolen.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I tried to present the photo in its original quality, so this affects my text quality. If the image quality was greatly improved (which I am capable of), I may as well have added the Loch Ness Monster! Basically, there might be someone refueling their vehicle at the gas station who is wearing blue jeans (I detect a slight movement in this figure between the bicycle and truck images); there is a figure directly behind the back of the truck bed on the sidewalk that does not appear to be human. I reviewed this vehicle for model years going quite a ways back and overlaid the original image to represent my opinions. Do you think that this vehicle could be as recent as 2011?

Driver looks - for lack of a better word - beefy. Stocky, bulky, what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname