LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
''If they have a line on the perps and they're local, which I suspect they are, but have to narrow down who exactly they're looking for, out of a group of possible acquaintances of the perps, I'm not surprised the case is locked down tight - probably for good reason. They've got quite a lid on it, don't they? Quite an accomplishment in the land of the only thing faster than the speed of light: The CajunNet.

I hope you're right, Chicken

Mickey's had so much attention, so much effort. If she can't be found, is there hope for anyone else?

Godspeed to your CajunNet.

I have no idea. No one is talking about or confirming jack ****.
:therethere: OOOOooooo SSSAaaaaawwww.... ACI!
You have done so much!
WE KNOW!!!!:maddening:

♥♥♥ :grouphug: ♥♥♥
Here's that beer! ENJOY!!!:needdrink:

(glad you still have hands!) ☺ it's a lil joke!

From what I have seen about the power of social media among the young folk here in Lafayette, giving out more info may serve to drive the perps further underground. Just think - if info were posted here at WS and hit Facebook, how many nanoseconds do you think it would be before the perps knew what the cops know?

I agree. There's no thanks button in this app. =\

ACI-
Do you think LE is reacting unfavorably to Abdella's investigation and disclosures about possible perps and evidence?

My other question is - who makes the official decision to shut down the searches? I'm afraid volunteers will keep at it on their own...

Chicken,
Do you talk to the young people in Lafayette that are Mickey's age? If you do, what are they saying? Are they still hopeful?

:therethere: OOOOooooo SSSAaaaaawwww.... ACI!
You have done so much!
WE KNOW!!!!:maddening:

♥♥♥ :grouphug: ♥♥♥
Here's that beer! ENJOY!!!:needdrink:

(glad you still have hands!) ☺ it's a lil joke!

No time for beer while Ive still got hands!

Maybe people ran out of time. I was wondering if Mickey's father's back to work. This part is really depressing. When the family has to return to their regular lives with a missing limb. It's unimaginable.

I was thinking the same thing. Charlie has left her whole life in Dallas. I imagine she and her dad have to get back to work and/or school.

I was thinking the same thing. Charlie has left her whole life in Dallas. I imagine she and her dad have to get back to work and/or school.

It's got to be much more than just what you've stated. I'm beginning to think maybe they do have a solid suspect, or suspects and that's maybe the reason for the no more searching right now. They may be counting on the suspect to give up the facts. Whatever it is, it's not feeling good to me.

Maybe people ran out of time. I was wondering if Mickey's father's back to work. This part is really depressing. When the family has to return to their regular lives with a missing limb. It's unimaginable.

Ive been thinking the same. Theyll have to try to begin again. And the thought of doing that without my child makes me physically ill. Her poor family. My prayers are with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing justifies or excuses stony silence from LE. They at least should make an appearance every other day or so, if for no other reason than to assure that they are still hot and heavy on the search for Mickey. Would a status update be too much to ask?

It's got to be much more than just what you've stated. I'm beginning to think maybe they do have a solid suspect, or suspects and that's maybe the reason for the no more searching right now. They may be counting on the suspect to give up the facts. Whatever it is, it's not feeling good to me.

We've seen plenty of cases here at WS that got just as much attention and support as Mickey's case has...and yet they are all mostly still missing. :(

And the point where the searches begin to falter, and then stop, always seem to be about this point, or sometimes even a bit shorter.

I can't say I feel confident that LE is close to an arrest, only because I felt that in SO many cases before...and yet, nothing.

I hope this case is different, but on the other hand, I have just as much sympathy for the other victims and their families of missing people who have never been found.

This case is so frustrating because it seemed in the beginning that with so many cameras being talked about, and the intrigue of the truck, that it was surely going to be solved quickly, at least as far as an arrest. But as to finding victims...I fear if it happens, it will be more like the case of the body that was just discovered by chance in Bay St. Louis...

JMO

Chicken,
Do you talk to the young people in Lafayette that are Mickey's age? If you do, what are they saying? Are they still hopeful?

I'm not Chicken, LOL. But I do have a kid in that age range, one who is into the same hipster type lifestyle, bike riding, and attends many of the same events that Mickey and her friends attend.....my kid and Mickey's circle of friends have many friends in common.

So, from day 2, my son (the 21 year old) has been telling me it is stupid to hold out any hope. He bases his opinion on the fact that zero evidence was found of whatever happened to Mickey....so to him, that means someone had bad enough intentions to completely cover his tracks. He works with a couple of Mickey's personal friends, and they seem to be holding on to hope that she is being held by someone and will eventually escape or be released.

I think the young people of Lafayette are all over the board on this.

I think a lot of times people do run out of time & money.

I doubt my employer would let me have unlimited time. A month, maybe. They wouldn't want to appear callous, so maybe a bit more.

They'd eventually have to ask 'when are you coming back?'

It forces the family to give up, I think. Horrible.

I've been fretting about the brother a bit. From his high school graduation forward, everything is different, permanently screwed up.

To answer chickenfried: No one is saying for them to release everything. But they need to let the public in on SOMETHING. There are tactful ways to release info without jeopardizing a case. I know, because I do it all the time. LE is running around town protecting and serving while responding to hundreds of different crimes a day. We are the eyes and ears of the city and need to be more informed...period. fisherman found the bike, not LE. Same as in damn near any case. Its the public who sees or hears something that turns out to be the lead LE needs. So they need to keep people up to date about what the **** theyre looking for and where. We've got more boots on the ground than them.

I posted earlier today that when I stopped by the coliseum to drop off some chill ties, the mood had changed dramatically from yesterday. It was much more somber- yesterday people were cheerful and upbeat. I wonder if they knew that the search was going to end after this weekend and that's why.

I think the search may just be ending because so few volunteers are coming out now...

Nothing justifies or excuses stony silence from LE. They at least should make an appearance every other day or so, if for no other reason than to assure that they are still hot and heavy on the search for Mickey. Would a status update be too much to ask?

Well I think they owe the public an explaination of what information has come out in the last day or two, and not only that, but their silence is deafening. It's not at all good for the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa