LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baton Rouge wbrz 10pm news just had a short story on MS. They said that the "infamous white truck" has been ruled out of anything to do with her disappearance.

Of course they also showed the picture of the truck that was facing the intersection. lol

Just passing this on.

Why do I feel like all the time spent on the White Truck was a waste!?

quoting liltexans:
"Which quote from Tom Shunick? The one about how there aren't any clues?"

yes, about how Mr. Shunick says something along the lines of the problem being that there are no new clues. So that's it. There's nothing new. We keep thinking that the family and LE know more than us, but from listening to Mr. Shunick, I get the impression that they don't. He seems like a very discouraged, disappointed, broken man. I didn't see any hope in him. Charlie seems hopeful due to denail. Bless her heart. This is all so sad and just crazy to me that there are NO clues

Yes, I agree. It really sounds like the family doesn't know much more than we do and we know almost nothing.

Exactly. Even blown up I cannot tell what it is. It has a square pattern on the front with a design or writing on it. Looks like a giant barcode image up close but that wouldn't make sense.

I've looked at every kind of side mounted box or rack that I can think of (tools, bait, food, ladders and bike) and nothing matches. I think it's just more distortion from the lousy camera.

That's my problem.

I don't suppose they offer an alternative?

I thought not.

Thanks, good to know.

What alternative could be offered when nothing is under the truck?

could it be that they found the purp/s and he/they have a white truck coincidentally(just not the white truck they thought they were looking for??) i dont really believe in the infamous coinkydink...but stranger things have happened....

Wonder if the private PI really had anything?

I'm here to defend all bike riders. The bicycle is my choice of religious icon.
I'm sorry to drag us back into ground you've all covered on earlier threads, but I feel compelled to do so.
I took the popular images into photoshop, used crop tool, clicked the adjust image column of tools, changed the pixels per square inch from 72 pixles per inch to higher numbers ranging from 216 ppi to 600 ppi. I used the auto levels and auto contrast tools from the same column. These images are not altered except for a red circle I drew around an object of interest to me. Enhanced, not altered.

Well - all I see is a Monet watercolor..... Are you teasing us or are you serious? If you're serious, I'm sorry - not trying to insult you. If you're pranking us - good one! :) We deserve it!

ok here's the video grab from the news - excuse the horrible quality hahaha it's with my little digital camera. And yeah - I'm not sure what to make of the report either and the news channel doesn't have a way for me to post a message on their website asking about it.

http://flickr.com/gp/55463415@N00/7G688q

could it be that they found the purp/s and he/they have a white truck coincidentally(just not the white truck they thought they were looking for??) i dont really believe in the infamous coinkydink...but stranger things have happened....

Since every human being ever apparently owns a white truck it is definitely possible.

Why do I feel like all the time spent on the White Truck was a waste!?

Nah! It was sloothed! and BUSTED!

So if MS was headed somewhere else OTHER than immediately home did she make it there? Disappear from there??? I just KNOW someone in the "know" isn't talking OR EVEN on the radar!

I am sorry...I cannot fathom the white truck possibly being ruled out now. It has dominated the past 10 threads or so. I wish LE would clarify in a press release where they clearly state all vehicles pictured are now cleared (if they are).

I am sorry...I cannot fathom the white truck possibly being ruled out now. It has dominated the past 10 threads or so. I wish LE would clarify in a press release where they clearly state all vehicles pictured are now cleared (if they are).

I absolutely agree. Until LE says they are all ruled out I'm taking this news story with a grain of salt. However, I was hoping it was new information when I was watching and then I just got frustrated with the poor lack of reporting and seriously short story. :(

Still praying for Mickey and her family and friends.

yeah, i would like to know how/why the truck got eliminated/cleared. but im sure to do that would be compromising to the investigation.

so, now there is nothing to look for. great...now what?

Hi all! First timer here. Has the "fishermen" who found the bike been identified publicly? If not, why?

would be great if LE would just say ANYTHING even if it's nothing new. it's a disgrace that they aren't reassuring the public that they are hard at work. this area is in need of some sort of reassurance. we were haunted by 2 killers for almost 2 years not too long ago and poor Mickey's bike was found in "their" spot. they need to say SOMETHING. it really ticks me off.

Hi all! First timer here. Has the "fishermen" who found the bike been identified publicly? If not, why?

no. they probably don't want to be in the public eye. i surely wouldn't for safety reasons, ya know.

LOL! The BR traffic hold up today story is on bustedinacadiana.com. 'Drunk couyon leads police on three parish chase'. What a moron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea