LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with as quiet as things have been, if it turns out to be nothing or never was anything, it may never be acknowledged.

How long would it take to process a vehicle? That may give us some idea of when we could expect to hear something.

I would guess a long time!

Is there a link that says the young man was cleared? I know he was questioned, but did not see where LE said he was cleared, thanks.

I consistently see it stated here that RM has been cleared. 'Cleared' is a very strong word and one not carelessly used by LE. They'll say "so and so was questioned and released" but that's an entirely different thing than cleared. I've not seen any statement by LE to that effect.

Maybe the truck broke down and the owner had it towed to the mechanic? The LE cars behind it might be a coincidence. I hate to get my hopes up like this over and over. :rollercoaster:

There was a trial on Courttv (I think) years ago where the drunk driver hit someone and drove all the way home and parked in their garage with the pedestrian, who went through the windshield. They said had the person called 911 or taken them to a hospital, they would've lived. Because they just went inside their house like nothing happened, the person bled to death.

Yes, I do remember that case, and I think you posted about it before on this thread, or one of the other members here did.

It was just freaking crazy that no one noticed, or "chose" to notice.

There is one difference, though, and that is, the pedestrian went through the windshield and was not pinned under the vehicle thereby not leaving the blood and flesh trails on the road.

Just as sickening and disgusting, however.

And with as quiet as things have been, if it turns out to be nothing or never was anything, it may never be acknowledged.

How long would it take to process a vehicle? That may give us some idea of when we could expect to hear something.

Very true, but the fact that there was six cop cars trailing the tow truck gives me some hope that there's a reason this particular truck garnered so much attention.

Probably depends on how much potential evidence is there.

Maybe the truck broke down and the owner had it towed to the mechanic? The LE cars behind it might be a coincidence. I hate to get my hopes up like this over and over. :rollercoaster:

Away from inner Lafayette? Towards I-10? Doubtful, but that's just my opinion, of course. I guess I'm just hopeful for a lead that will pan out.

Very true, but the fact that there was six cop cars trailing the tow truck gives me some hope that there's a reason this particular truck garnered so much attention.

Away from inner Lafayette? Towards I-10? Doubtful, but that's just my opinion, of course. I guess I'm just hopeful for a lead that will pan out.

But are we sure the cop cars were actually trailing that tow truck? Because I have seen clumps of LE vehicles driving alongside each other for various reasons, not always because they are trailing another vehicle.

But are we sure the cop cars were actually trailing that tow truck? Because I have seen clumps of LE vehicles driving alongside each other for various reasons, not always because they are trailing another vehicle.

Didn't see it, so I'm not sure, but six of them driving together? Personally, I've never seen it, but maybe....If it doesn't have anything to do with it, then that really sucks. :(

Yes, I do remember that case, and I think you posted about it before on this thread, or one of the other members here did.

It was just freaking crazy that no one noticed, or "chose" to notice.

There is one difference, though, and that is, the pedestrian went through the windshield and was not pinned under the vehicle thereby not leaving the blood and flesh trails on the road.

Just as sickening and disgusting, however.

It is just crazy to think about how some people react to things. Because of that, almost anything is possible.

So just to try and clarify things, as I have been busy the past several days, whatever happened with the kid from BB, who supposedly had pending DUI case? Is he cleared or is that still a possibility?

I was wondering why they would question him. Either he drives a white truck, is good friends with someone that drives a white truck, or probably frequents that fishing area that the bike was found. He does live close to that area. I just don't see them questioning him unless they have a reason.
Do you know if he was questioned before the bike was found or after?
Thx

State police crime lab is in baton rouge. Would prob go to I10 to get there.

Is there a link that says the young man was cleared? I know he was questioned, but did not see where LE said he was cleared, thanks.

I've been reading quite some time now but this is my first post. I am not sure as to the link but as per the a local news paper report it states rm has been questioned in connection with this case but declined to say rather her or anyone associated with him r still being questioned. States that info is part of an ongoing investigation and not public record. So what gets me on that note is that le did previously say the other vehicles in question and there drivers had been cleared, so why could they not say if rm has been cleared?? Will find link to this article in just a min

<modsnip>

Have we forgotten why we are here?
Have we forgotten that everyone is entitled to their own opinion?
Have we forgotten that we are entitled to freedom of speech?

Hope Mickey is found soon...
And thank you to all of the locals for your hard work!

State police crime lab is in baton rouge. Would prob go to I10 to get there.

Yep, exactly. I just hope we hear something soon....

Reading the snarkiness again reminds me why I quit coming here. So sad to read on other threads about people who won't even post due to the rudeness they receive in return.

Have we forgotten why we are here?
Have we forgotten that everyone is entitled to their own opinion?
Have we forgotten that we are entitled to freedom of speech?

Hope Mickey is found soon...
And thank you to all of the locals for your hard work!

I don't see any posts on this thread that have been snarky. Or did I completely miss something?

Wouldn't that truck be on a flatbed if the LE was the ones that had it picked up?

I consistently see it stated here that RM has been cleared. 'Cleared' is a very strong word and one not carelessly used by LE. They'll say "so and so was questioned and released" but that's an entirely different thing than cleared. I've not seen any statement by LE to that effect.

Thank u, I have been screaming this at my phone for a long time now lol

When I was in college, I had a job working for PI's. They would investigate DUI cases leading to accidents and fatalities. This is the one case that will remain forever imprinted in my mind: A very intoxicated semi-truck driver ran over a motorcyclist on the freeway. The motorcyclist got pinned under the truck and was dragged for miles underneath with his motorcycle. The truck driver parked in his driveway with this fatally injured man still pinned underneath. The truck driver went into his house and took a shower, claiming to have been unaware of anything that happened. And yes, there were blood and flesh trails on the highway.

Never forget that case. However, I have forgotten other details over the years.

Just, to let people know, it does happen.

The PI's went to the bars this truck driver went to to interview people.

The difference here is that it happened on a fast-paced highway, where sound and sight would be muffled by the expanse of the truck and the velocity it was traveling.

Don't know if this could happen with a pickup truck and a bicyclist without being noticed.
BBM:

I lived in Lafayette for 30 years. I went to Montgomery Elem. and Graduated from Lafayette High in 1971 (oops just told my age). We lived on Tours street next to the High School.
A neighbor and friend, from the neighborhood, was hit by a car when he was in Elem. on the corner of out street. He survived that accident, but when we were in High School he and his girlfriend were riding a motorcycle on Congress St. just past the front of the school going toward Guilbeau rd. He was struck by a car and was dragged under the car for many feet, before the car could stop. They knew(driver and passenger) they were under the car and so did everyone else, in the surrounding area. The sounds were such that I have ever gotten it out of my head. I had nightmares for years.

Link for RBadness's comment on prior thread:

Raymond Dolin

http://www.christianpost.com/news/r...ndness-of-americans-saved-by-strangers-76476/

Raymond Dolin Shot While Writing 'Kindness of Americans,' Saved by Strangers

Dolin was able to flag down another passing vehicle, whose driver actually pulled over to help.
Charles Lloyd Danielson III was later arrested and charged with shooting Dolin, although officials are uncertain why the man pulled a gun on Dolin according to KRTV.

"It appears to be an absolutely random event," Sheriff Glenn Myer told KTVQ. "He just drove up there and shot him. We're unclear as to why."

I read there were multiple accidents on I10 and the guy that jumped
so i guess its been a busy day for LE could that truck be one of the ones involved in these accidents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean