LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that truck be on a flatbed if the LE was the ones that had it picked up?

Personally, I would call a flat bed a tow truck...surely I am wrong to do so, but in all likelihood that is what I would call it. I am just not a truck/car person and wouldn't differentiate between the two. Just thought I would share FWIW.

I have no idea if the original person who allegedly saw this would do the same. We don't really know anything first hand so I am very skeptical about the whole thing right now. JMO.

State police crime lab is in baton rouge. Would prob go to I10 to get there.

If this is the perp truck, would they wrap it in some plastic wrapping to preserve evidence during trip to crime lab??

I was wondering why they would question him. Either he drives a white truck, is good friends with someone that drives a white truck, or probably frequents that fishing area that the bike was found. He does live close to that area. I just don't see them questioning him unless they have a reason.
Do you know if he was questioned before the bike was found or after?
Thx

If I remember correctly it was 2 or 3 days after finding the bike

I was wondering why they would question him. Either he drives a white truck, is good friends with someone that drives a white truck, or probably frequents that fishing area that the bike was found. He does live close to that area. I just don't see them questioning him unless they have a reason.
Do you know if he was questioned before the bike was found or after?
Thx

He was questioned based on a tip

Personally, I would call a flat bed a tow truck...surely I am wrong to do so, but in all likelihood that is what I would call it. I am just not a truck/car person and wouldn't differentiate between the two. Just thought I would share FWIW.

I have no idea if the original person who allegedly saw this would do the same. We don't really know anything first hand so I am very skeptical about the whole thing right now. JMO.

You're correct, a two truck is different than a flatbed. Here, LE has certain tow companies they use to tow a vehicle in. I suppose some could use a flatbed, but without a wench it's hard to get the vehicle up on the bed. It's a lot simpler to just have a tow truck hook onto it and hoist the front end up. Those tow trucks are awesome, hardly any work for the driver.

I also would call a flatbed truck with a vehicle on the flatbed a "tow truck." I am concerned that the poster who said that their co-worker reported seeing this truck has not posted again after saying they would check with the co-worker re: which direction said truck was traveling. . . .unless I missed the post.

I'm also skeptical. MOO.

Hey did you find out which direction on Bertrand??

I was wrong it was towards Johnston street. So idk if that means going towards new Iberia or not. I guess just like everything else, we have to wait it out.

If it is "the truck" and a traditional tow truck was used, it may have been deliberate. So as not to have have a truck matching the description of the one in question on an official LE vehicle. Tongues would surely be wagging... The way it was reported, we can all come up with ways to refute ties to this case. The alternative would have been more telling, and maybe they just need more time to figure this out if it is anything at all.

I also would call a flatbed truck with a vehicle on the flatbed a "tow truck." I am concerned that the poster who said that their co-worker reported seeing this truck has not posted again after saying they would check with the co-worker re: which direction said truck was traveling. . . .unless I missed the post.

I'm also skeptical. MOO.

I am at work. I do have customers. I get on the forum as soon as I can. People are very impatient. All I've posted is what she told me she saw, with her own eyes, around noon today.

Thanks, CajunTattooer. We appreciate it, even if it turns out to be nothing! Certainly we have had other false alarms. But we can all hope that this is the start of finding Mickey!

Sorry don't remember the PI's name who has been posting on here. I would think he could find out about the truck being towed pretty easy.. He was able to get license number from the truck in Texas.

Sorry don't remember the PI's name who has been posting on here. I would think he could find out about the truck being towed pretty easy.. He was able to get license number from the truck in Texas.

That's because I contacted the person who saw the truck in Texas. With this, there's no one to contact other than LPD and they don't like to tell me
jack ****. If the person who saw the truck doesn't have the plate there's not a whole lot I can find out. If Abdella or Charlie or someone finds out what's what I can get the information then. Nothing came over the scanner, so I don't have anything to go on right now.

I'm also skeptical. MOO.

The difference is, if it's on a flatbed truck, you are hauling it, but if it's on a tow truck it's being towed. At least two wheels are still on the ground when you're towing. On a flatbed, the whole thing is off the ground.
You can tow a vehicle with a chain, too, but that requires another person in the car being towed... unless you've got a tow bar.
And I apologize to the poster I quoted for misreading their post... I thought they said they would NOT call a flatbed a tow truck.

A.c.I.......is the p.I......and a few of us think he's a hero.

I've been reading quite some time now but this is my first post. I am not sure as to the link but as per the a local news paper report it states rm has been questioned in connection with this case but declined to say rather her or anyone associated with him r still being questioned. States that info is part of an ongoing investigation and not public record. So what gets me on that note is that le did previously say the other vehicles in question and there drivers had been cleared, so why could they not say if rm has been cleared?? Will find link to this article in just a min

Did they officially clear the trucks and drivers?

Hello Everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to come on board now. Speaking of "endangered runaways", I have not seen much talk of this scenario, yet it would probably be the best chances of finding her alive. I know the bike find sets this idea back, but what if that too was intentional on her part. I know everyone will say that as no like her, but it's possible there was a side of her that friends and family did not know about and she just wanted to get away from it all.

Any thoughts on what is being whited out in that picture of her riding past the parked car?

Thanks, CajunTattooer. We appreciate it, even if it turns out to be nothing! Certainly we have had other false alarms. But we can all hope that this is the start of finding Mickey!

Has there been a media release to dispel rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea