LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps ACI or another with access can run a check for all White Texas Edition Z71s in a 200 mile radius.

Right. Even if it wasn't the same truck TP rode in, we don't know if the DWT is a Chevy or GMC.

Speaking of, two days ago a friend and I were walking from Agava restaurant which is about a block off Jefferson. And down Jefferson went the White Chevy Z71 ... The DWT! I was on foot and too far to get a look at the license. This was bout 4-5 blocks from MS's disappearance.

I know that people are turning things every which way to try to help.

But the picture of the truck I just quoted is unacceptable, IMO, and should be removed from the site. Someone obviously hand-painted in some black pixels to show a driver, and altered the original photo in a substantial and unethical way, without putting any disclaimer on the photo itself to warn people that they are looking at fiction. It's one thing to "enhance" a photo, and quite another to paint things in that aren't there!!:maddening:

Below is MY crop of the original photo from the Find Mickey website. I am not sure if LE released a bigger image, but this us second-best, at least.

Notice the clear space where the "driver" is in the above forgery.

Not helpful folks.... not helpful.

pic2crop.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I pointed this out a few pages back! This is getting out of control.

If this pic is for real then we have our answer. That looks like blonde hair, the top of a blonde head, over the passenger side window. As far as I am concerned...that ends all speculation. I've read a lot about bike accidents and this is a survivable accident I am sure. Just have to find her. Seriously, who made this pic?

It is fake.

That would cost a small fortune.

Mind-boggling. Data gathered by tax-supported means, being cost-prohibitive in the search for a possible federal criminal.

JFC that's a ridiculous notion.

Right. Even if it wasn't the same truck TP rode in, we don't know if the DWT is a Chevy or GMC.

Speaking of, two days ago a friend and I were walking from Agava restaurant which is about a block off Jefferson. And down Jefferson went the White Chevy Z71 ... The DWT! I was on foot and too far to get a look at the license. This was bout 4-5 blocks from MS's disappearance.

LE stated they have unreleased photos of the truck. They said it was POSITIVELY identified as a white Chevy Z71

No, it had been blonde. Her roots are blonde, so if it was pink it was a wash in color over bleached hair, which will fade back to blonde.

Trust me, been there done that.

LA

Ok well I don't know all about hair dye but people that know her (she's famous for doing her glow stick dance moves in the street) say that her hair was pink, and she must have only recently dyed it blue, along with deleting her FB account, after Jaren's murder.

ACI sorry for repeating myself but again, have all the cameras near the courthouses been checked for the DWT during the hour or so before MS went missing?

I live on Jefferson. I see pervs cruising constantly. Chances are this DWT was cruising before MS's disappearance. There are many cameras in that area one or two streets off st. John. I realize it would take time to go thru the videos but I and I'm sure other sleuthers here would gladly volunteer.

...and a camera on University, Congress, Johnston, etc. would also catch the vehicle leaving the area; it didn't just disappear after whatever happened happened.

ACI sorry for repeating myself but again, have all the cameras near the courthouses been checked for the DWT during the hour or so before MS went missing?

I live on Jefferson. I see pervs cruising constantly. Chances are this DWT was cruising before MS's disappearance. There are many cameras in that area one or two streets off st. John. I realize it would take time to go thru the videos but I and I'm sure other sleuthers here would gladly volunteer.

Yep, that downtown area especially a certain area has been a hot bed for creeps for a looong time.

LA

Or something like that. hmm. If a a girl goes missing and LE is begging everyone to check footage why would it be gone?

LA

Because the systems typically only store 7 days worth of footage before erasing itself and recording all over again. 7 days of video is a MASSIVE amount of data and its hard to store more than that. If no one checked the video, or didn't think to check their own video because they assumed there would be nothing there, then it's gone forever.

That's what I'm saying. We need to look at the original photos LE released, not ones that have been altered, enhanced, changed in any way. As someone pointed out, the LE photos are small and poor quality. Yes, but like it or not they are the official photos, the real ones. If we are to see anything, we will see it there. If someone changes tones or hues or whatever and then suddenly people are seeing blue shirts, teal shirts, etc. it isn't helpful.

But just lightining shadows and enlarging the photo does not actually change the photo. Do you think LE did not enhance these photos?
Just with the above it is obvious there are people in this truck.

Attachments

• truck-people.jpg
    truck-people.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 80
Mind-boggling. Data gathered by tax-supported means, being cost-prohibitive in the search for a possible federal criminal.

JFC that's a ridiculous notion.

I meant it would cost a small fortune for a PI to check. LE can run that for free. I have to pay to do it.

Is there a rehab or something I can go to because I'm seriously addicted to websleuths.

I'm going to open a new thread in a few minutes. Be sure to read the opening posts, and DO NOT bring over the LE/PI bashing. Thanks.

Because the systems typically only store 7 days worth of footage before erasing itself and recording all over again. 7 days of video is a MASSIVE amount of data and its hard to store more than that. If no one checked the video, or didn't think to check their own video because they assumed there would be nothing there, then it's gone forever.

That really sucks.

LA:banghead:

LE stated they have unreleased photos of the truck. They said it was POSITIVELY identified as a white Chevy Z71

Thanks ACI.

I just can't understand this archaic view of LE not releasing more information to the public. It's like they don't understand the power of social media. When LE released the actual video of the POI from Temptations in Jarens case, the Internet blew up with folks identifying them. Social Media has changed election campaigns, advertising nd even dating. The press or someone needs to show this to try to open their eyes.

But just lightining shadows and enlarging the photo does not actually change the photo. Do you think LE did not enhance these photos?
Just with the above it is obvious there are people in this truck.
What are the 2 rectangular dark objects sitting at the base of the windshield?

I made a point about this earlier when someone brought up the whole Texas Edition thing. I verified that yes, there is a such thing as a Chevy Silverado Texas Edition z71, BUT LE has only told us z71. Something told them it was a z71, probably the sticker. If it was a Texas Edition it most likely would have had the Texas Edition sticker. If there was any way to positively narrow it down, it seems like LE should have done that when the released the photo. But they didn't. All they said was a 4 door white Chevy z71. So that's all we have to go on. Obviously, there was nothing to indicate that it was a Texas Edition, or if it is, they don't want the public to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde