LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are 2 different cases? The Nola.com article says an autopsy will be performed to see if foul play was involve in her death & that she may have been in there for a few days.
If it was a gunshot victim like this article, wouldn't they say?

It's the same case.

I am completely creeped out by the Pac-Man connection even though there might not be a connection. I have been a Websleuth lurker since day one for Mickey. I never commented because I didn't know how much more I could input other than what was already said. I finally have to comment on how creepy the Pac-Man theory really is. I went to wiki and typed in Pac-Man. I wanted to read more info on the history to see if I saw any details. Interesting enough, I found that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man. The Pink Character was called, Machibuse. Which translates to ambusher and then the alternate nickname is Micky. I remember someone mentioning the bow was put there so it would be known that it represented a female. I know this means nothing, but because of the strange posts last night, I got NO SLEEP!! Has anyone actually gone and checked out this graffati? I think I may have to just so I can pinpoint the exact location. Did someone say Congress & Parkside? Side of what building? Will Google Maps not pull up the exact location? At least we can see if it was there in 2009.

On another note, the White Truck. Do you recall the posts whenever people were trying to figure out what was in the back window? I know that is impossible to tell in a picture like that, but I saw a logo the other day in the back of a z-71 white truck. I took a picture of the truck just in case but didn't do anything with it yet.

I hope we find Mickey soon! I pray for her family every day. I know this is difficult for them.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=parkside+lafayette+la&hl=en&ll=30.227146,-92.025218&spn=0.000037,0.027874&sll=30.209726,-92.057726&sspn=0.05971,0.111494&hnear=Parkside+Dr,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=30.226964,-92.025222&panoid=n51WwriPIS7Jlo0XRoJENA&cbp=12,76.19,,0,1.84
I don't know if this is the cinderblock building the grafitti is on or not, but it's at that intersection.

Mod Note: You have been instructed repeatedly not to bash law enforcement, and not to make comparisons between the PI who is a WS member, and the famly PI. There will be no more warnings. From here on out, lengthy TO's will be issued to members who violate this instruction. The same goes for members who quote the violating post. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

All members should consider themselves warned. Thank you.

Still catching up from last night's posts and saw this, thought a helpful bump would be nice.

Folks, imo it is best to walk on eggshells til a moderator rules on the events of the day.
The victim and her family are my only concern, as I am sure it yours.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
BTW, quick question that has been bugging me: Where does one buy luminol? Can this be bought anywhere?

If it is possible that a pi's investigation is on target is dangerous to MS because of an edgy perp, Some of our theories could be dangerous for her too. IMO

BBM:

<snip> I finally have to comment on how creepy the Pac-Man theory really is. I went to wiki and typed in Pac-Man. I wanted to read more info on the history to see if I saw any details. Interesting enough, I found that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man. The Pink Character was called, Machibuse. Which translates to ambusher and then the alternate nickname is Micky. I remember someone mentioning the bow was put there so it would be known that it represented a female.<moresnipsnipsnip>

Yeah, even if there's no connection, that is freaky for sure. :what:

On another note, the White Truck. Do you recall the posts whenever people were trying to figure out what was in the back window? I know that is impossible to tell in a picture like that, but I saw a logo the other day in the back of a z-71 white truck. I took a picture of the truck just in case but didn't do anything with it yet.

I remember people discussing seeing a "huge dog head" in the window but it being brushed off due to the size. A few days ago, when I went out to eat lunch with the hubby, I saw a white truck (a Tacoma, so no worries) that had a HUGE LSU Tiger head decal that took up the majority of the window. I have no clue how those are see through enough to take up that much space, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

I've been following this story through many threads now and just want to say that I think if there was more open communication from the LE and those directly working with the case to keep the public informed, that they would get less hostile people grabbing for straws for any bit of information from anyone! Open communication can solve a multitude of issue, and heck might even solve the case. Just my two cents and stepping back now.

[ I do not mean this in a bashing way. I absolutely respect the police and all involved with any and all missing person cases. Probably one of the hardest jobs there is to deal with. I myself have family in LE and can't imagine how hard it is to want to find answers and not having any. However, I still believe that open communication and press conferences in high profile cases is very important to keep rumors and issues down and can help solve a case. ]

Mod Note: You have been instructed repeatedly not to bash law enforcement, and not to make comparisons between the PI who is a WS member, and the famly PI. There will be no more warnings. From here on out, lengthy TO's will be issued to members who violate this instruction. The same goes for members who quote the violating post. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

bumping this up. Please cease and desist conversation about the family PI and ACI.

http://stores.crimetech.net/StoreFront.bok

Welcome to CrimeTech

CrimeTech is pleased to offer an outstanding array of forensics and law enforcement products. With the best names in the industry, you can be sure you're getting superb quality at competitive prices. We are happy to have you as part of the CrimeTech family. Let us know if we can ever be of assistance. Your satisfaction is our #1 goal.

We strive to offer products made in the U.S.A.
Note Luminol can be purchased at most Sporting Goods & Hunting Stores.

bumping this up. Please cease and desist conversation about the family PI and ACI.

Agreed. Just trying to call out personal attacks from a certain poster who started the behavior last night and apparently didn't read/heed the warning.

Thanks, Foxfire! I can see now why ACI said there was no way he could afford to mist the entire road like that. Wooo, that could get expensive QUICK!

'Some spiritual & calming music that I think we could all use about now'..
John Lennon - Imagine
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs"]John Lennon - Imagine - YouTube[/ame]

Agreed. Just trying to call out personal attacks from a certain poster who started the behavior last night and apparently didn't read/heed the warning.

We don't do that here (call out personal attacks). Please use the alert button. This is in the rules at the beginning of every thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther