LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Yeah, even if there's no connection, that is freaky for sure. :what:

I remember people discussing seeing a "huge dog head" in the window but it being brushed off due to the size. A few days ago, when I went out to eat lunch with the hubby, I saw a white truck (a Tacoma, so no worries) that had a HUGE LSU Tiger head decal that took up the majority of the window. I have no clue how those are see through enough to take up that much space, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

I saw a white Z-71 with a swirly white sticker, about the size of a human head, on its back windshield getting on the interstate in BR. I almost rear-ended someone trying to get a pic, lol, but I wasn't fast enough. This truck was a four door and upon first glance appeared to have black door handles, but when the light and angle changed it was apparent they were chrome.

I just want to say that my heart goes out to the Shunicks and especially to Charley. She is still a young woman herself and I feel she has handled herself with grace, strength and humility during this horribly, devastating ordeal. I am always in awe of missing persons' families and how they are able to navigate the muddy waters of media, family and LE, while suffering such tragic heartache. I truly believe that I would be a gibbering puddle on the floor and I have ten years more life experience than Charley! She, and her family, are fighting every day for Mickey, with every ounce of their being. It makes it all the more sad that Mickey is not here, enjoying her summer, safe, because clearly her parents raised lovely children. I feel like I know Mickey now, through her sister's actions. And it makes me all the more desperate to bring her home. I sincerely pray we all will have the resolution we hope for, in the form of a live, safe Mickey, delivered home to them very, very soon.

Just reading other cases and once again struck by the strength of the Shunicks and felt compelled to post... Jmo...

The discussion between the two PIs and Mickey's family ends now. It's over. I don't want to see one more post about it. The mods are working overtime trying to deal with it and I'm about to go to a luncheon and don't have time to deal with it.

Websleuths management is going to look over the situation as soon as time allows. Until you hear otherwise, the debate on this issue is not to be discussed or time outs will be issued.

That means I don't want to see one more post about it until you guys hear otherwise from the mods.

This thread will open as soon as I see at least ten thank yous so I know you've read this post.

:tyou:

Mod Note: You have been instructed repeatedly not to bash law enforcement, and not to make comparisons between the PI who is a WS member, and the famly PI. There will be no more warnings. From here on out, lengthy TO's will be issued to members who violate this instruction. The same goes for members who quote the violating post. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

All members should consider themselves warned. Thank you.

bumping this up. Please cease and desist conversation about the family PI and ACI.

TIMEOUTS ARE BEING ISSUED RIGHT NOW FOR ALL THOSE THAT IGNORED BESSIE'S WARNING POST AT 6:11 p.m. last night. If you are on timeout, you know why.

This is really drastic guys - but Mods have repeatedly warned to let the conversation about the PIs go. It is not pertinent and it derails the thread.

Any PI discussion - it does not matter if you are for or against, if you are defending or villifying. Doesn't matter. TOs are now being issued.

If you have discussed the PI in the last two pages of this thread - you have about 3 minutes to SELF EDIT before I catch up with you.

Salem

The discussion between the two PIs and Mickey's family ends now. It's over. I don't want to see one more post about it. The mods are working overtime trying to deal with it and I'm about to go to a luncheon and don't have time to deal with it.

Websleuths management is going to look over the situation as soon as time allows. Until you hear otherwise, the debate on this issue is not to be discussed or time outs will be issued.

That means I don't want to see one more post about it until you guys hear otherwise from the mods.

This thread will open as soon as I see at least ten thank yous so I know you've read this post.

:tyou:

okay the thread is back open for discussion. No further warnings issued about the PI discussion. It is OFF LIMITS.

:nurse:

TIMEOUTS ARE BEING ISSUED RIGHT NOW FOR ALL THOSE THAT IGNORED BESSIE'S WARNING POST AT 6:11 p.m. last night. If you are on timeout, you know why.

This is really drastic guys - but Mods have repeatedly warned to let the conversation about the PIs go. It is not pertinent and it derails the thread.

Any PI discussion - it does not matter if you are for or against, if you are defending or villifying. Doesn't matter. TOs are now being issued.

If you have discussed the PI in the last two pages of this thread - you have about 3 minutes to SELF EDIT before I catch up with you.

Salem

and bumping this as well

Again, my apologies...

But, WOW! Mod question: (i am asking here, because I am sure others may want to know) Have you EVER seen a group of posters get is so much trouble so often? Ha! We are some trouble makers here in the south ;) Hard-headed for sure!

^^^rhetorical (mostly)

I referenced the FB post but didn't mention any names. I went to edit it but it won't let me.

edit: I was able to.

Praying RIGHT NOW for Mickey. Let today offer leads that answer this family's prayers.

I am completely creeped out by the Pac-Man connection even though there might not be a connection. I have been a Websleuth lurker since day one for Mickey. I never commented because I didn't know how much more I could input other than what was already said. I finally have to comment on how creepy the Pac-Man theory really is. I went to wiki and typed in Pac-Man. I wanted to read more info on the history to see if I saw any details. Interesting enough, I found that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man. The Pink Character was called, Machibuse. Which translates to ambusher and then the alternate nickname is Micky. I remember someone mentioning the bow was put there so it would be known that it represented a female. I know this means nothing, but because of the strange posts last night, I got NO SLEEP!! Has anyone actually gone and checked out this graffati? I think I may have to just so I can pinpoint the exact location. Did someone say Congress & Parkside? Side of what building? Will Google Maps not pull up the exact location? At least we can see if it was there in 2009.

On another note, the White Truck. Do you recall the posts whenever people were trying to figure out what was in the back window? I know that is impossible to tell in a picture like that, but I saw a logo the other day in the back of a z-71 white truck. I took a picture of the truck just in case but didn't do anything with it yet.

I hope we find Mickey soon! I pray for her family every day. I know this is difficult for them.

:welcome:

I went to wiki and typed in Pac-Man. I wanted to read more info on the history to see if I saw any details. Interesting enough, I found that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man. The Pink Character was called, Machibuse. Which translates to ambusher and then the alternate nickname is Micky. I remember someone mentioning the bow was put there so it would be known that it represented a female.

I guess I picked a good time to go to lunch-heh. Maybe the Graffiti is related, maybe it isn't. However you look at it- that's a very strange coincidence.

Like I said earlier, I think that LE is probably trying to interview the homeless people the morning she disappeared. Well, now I think it's probably several days before and then, along her frequented paths (I know it was mentioned that many homeless people were near the abandoned hospital, for example.) Also, if you were homeless, you might want to be camping in an area where you could fish, which would be near the place the bike was found. Hope someone saw the bike dump.

There are many fishing options in and around Lafayette and BR. We have lakes, ponds, bayous, rivers, etc. within the cities where anyone can fish. It wouldn't make much sense for a homeless person to live at WB. It is dark and secluded and not at all safe. Plus, how on Earth to get there? It isn't walking distance from much of anything. And, just about anyone would find a hitchhiker wanting to go to WB to be odd. JMO. I could be wrong...

The homeless around the hospital and on her route in Lafayette would be much more likely, I would think. I think any witnesses from WB would be in the form of people who had camps around the area and fishermen who might have seen something strange.

I'll go take better pics of the pacman grafitti it in awhile. I don't think it has anything to do with anything, but I'm off today and bored out of my skull. I'm going to eat at Boucaniere's and then make it on down there. ]=

Thanks! I passed by just a few min ago and checked out the grafitti for myself. It looks alot more faded than the picture that was posted last night. I didnt take a pic because I was alone and a female. Even in the daylight I second guess myself now and where I am alone. I am definitely more worried than I use to be. The building that it is painted on is abandoned. Also the building is right on Congress. It seems like even late at night in that area, cops would be all over patrolling. There are several bars in the area and I know Congress would be well travelled at that time. If Mickey was abducted, that would have been very dumb for them to take the risk right there in the open to spray paint. It is so strange.

What area did Mickey live on Congress? Or was it even Congress? The reason I ask is because I used to live on Marie Antionette and I often travelled on bike to ULL. I didnt take any of the roads mentioned. I took back roads. Crossed through Cajun Field Parking lot near Reinhardt. Then Souvenier Gate to St. Mary. Was that direction ever considered? I felt safer near houses. Not on Coliseum near a big open dark field.

There are many fishing options in and around Lafayette and BR. We have lakes, ponds, bayous, rivers, etc. within the cities where anyone can fish. It wouldn't make much sense for a homeless person to live at WB. It is dark and secluded and not at all safe. Plus, how on Earth to get there? It isn't walking distance from much of anything. And, just about anyone would find a hitchhiker wanting to go to WB to be odd. JMO. I could be wrong...

The homeless around the hospital and on her route in Lafayette would be much more likely, I would think. I think any witnesses from WB would be in the form of people who had camps around the area and fishermen who might have seen something strange.
Not being from the area, I looked at the Whiskey Bay exit on Trafficland last night, and with it being dark, got a good idea just how spooky it must be to be beneath that roadway at night! It looked soooooooooo dark and desolate!!!

new thread: move on over... doors closing here shortly

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176592"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just a note/helpful hint for those who may not know...

If you have a question for a mod, you can easily contact them directly by scrolling down and going to View Forum Leaders at which point you will be able to see which mods are online and you can then PM them your question. I have learned mods are very accessible and kind and helpful. If you are unsure if you can post something, the best idea is to contact them directly and ask!!!!!! If your post is not within TOS, they will let you know.

I wonder if BFI (city curbside garbage company) has been asked to search their dump site for that particular week following Mickey's disappearance? Or if volunteers have searched this area. IF the perp is local to that specific area (residences in the St Landry to Coliseum Road) Mickey's belongings could have been discarded via the trash.

Wow, I'm confused by all these timeouts. I'm new to WS and don't understand what we can or can't say on here? Do PI's actively discuss cases on here? Wouldn't that be harmful to the open cases of missing persons. Please explain to me what is the correct protocol of discussion here on WS. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member