LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the first week of the disappearance LPD Chief Craft was interviewed on "Mornings With Ken & Bernie" and was asked about a video that was located showing *someone* on a bicycle between the hours of 1:30am and 3:30am on May 19. (The video was also mentioned in the first Nancy Grace coverage.)

Chief Craft: “It’s very, very blurry. It’s video from inside a structure… so it’s very hard to see… because… the purpose of the video is to video inside the structure, not outside, … so it just so happened that you can sort of see the street. And it’s dark, and so you can’t make anything out.”

http://talkradio960.com/police-chief...hunick-search/
If it were someone other than Mickey, how would that other person have known that the cameras would produce such grainy images? There was far too much risk of discovery being made if the camera resolution had been better, in my opinion.

anyway... have you seen this guy?
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/1a/08/1a0862857046d20564e0b17285820a8b.jpg

1a0862857046d20564e0b17285820a8b.jpg

FBI wanna know if he was in Lafayette the night of...

I'm notbpicking on you, but I want to point something out before it grows legs and walks all over the Internet.

FBI is NOT saying they suspect this guy in Mickey's disappearance. They have asked if anyone sees this guy anywhere to call in.

FBI was not interviewed for that article, FBI never mentioned a link between Morgan and Mickey. The "examiner" who wrote the article is the one who suggests a connection, not FBI.

I don't think the examiner is a MSM source.

Regardless, that dude is implicated in two crimes, an attempted abduction and a murder. So everybody do keep an eye out & call FBI if you see him.

Just be clear that FBI has not linked him to Mickey's case, at least not yet.

well I'll have to look around and find out why I believe I heard the exact opposite of what your saying. IS BW french?

http://gma.yahoo.com/mickey-shunick...e-missing-083453291--abc-news-topstories.html
well.. here we sort of have the best of both worlds..

[affiliate KATC-TV in Lafayette, La.

The FBI, state and local police, and nearly a thousand volunteers are searching this morning, but have found no trace of the young woman. Friends say she wasn't drinking, and that Shunick was an avid cyclist, so riding her bike at that hour was not unusual.

Shunick's older sister says she never would have left on her own, and that Saturday was her brother's graduation. Monday was Mickey's own 22nd birthday, and the two had big plans. ]

I believe Charlie meant leaving on her own- like running away. It wasn't abnormal for Mickey to bike at night, alone.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia3ZLvu9JCI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Mickey Schunick: Hot 107-9 Interview With Sister Of Mickey Segment #1 - YouTube[/ame]
Interview with a local radio station, 107.9. He asked Charlie at 4:30 in why Mickey was biking alone at 2am.

well I'll have to look around and find out why I believe I heard the exact opposite of what....snip, snip......

Shunick's older sister says she never would have left on her own, and that Saturday was her brother's graduation. Monday was Mickey's own 22nd birthday, and the two had big plans. ]

you probably remember that a contributor to a unreputable "news" source incorrectly "reported" what Charlie had said, and they got it way wrong.

They incorrectly added the words "to go home" to Charlie's sentence.....they completely changed the meaning and we discussed this in detail on an earlier thread.

time to link to it again. I haven't seen it and we have a bunch of new web sleuths. I don't mind you defending whomever you feel like you need to defend. That's alright with me. 4+ weeks... who am I supposed to trust again?

Actually, I thought you were involved in the earlier conversation about this.

I am not telling you "who you are supposed to trust". Trust who you want, distrust who you want. I am trying to remind you and everyone about the things LE has confirmed for us. I will point out things like we know who the call was from, and FBI isn't connecting Morgan and Mickey......WS allows some speculation, but it is a FACT BASED web site.

http://www.katc.com/news/update-no-new-charges-in-broussard-rape/

A man Broussard Police say drove a rape suspect and his two victims to an abandoned home will not face charges.

Police say the driver was questioned but detectives have determined he was not present when the rape occurred, nor had knowledge of it.

So what did he think was going to happen when the women went to that abandoned house with the suspect?

Better yet, what did the two women think was happening? The article says that he pulled out the knife AFTER they got to the abandoned house.

So the women must have been lured there by drugs or something like that.

So I am not sure this perp is connected to Mickey.

http://www.katc.com/news/update-no-new-charges-in-broussard-rape/

A man Broussard Police say drove a rape suspect and his two victims to an abandoned home will not face charges.

Police say the driver was questioned but detectives have determined he was not present when the rape occurred, nor had knowledge of it.

If this man is still in the area, I hope police questioned him. I mean, after all, why did he think he was driving the suspect and victims to an abandoned home?

If this man is still in the area, I hope police questioned him. I mean, after all, why did he think he was driving the suspect and victims to an abandoned home?

Right this smells fishy. Something about this just is really odd. Why would someone give three people a ride from a hotel on Cameron street of all places.. and not wondering what was going on?

I mean honestly, I am fairly kind and gregarious, and like most Cajuns willing to help when help is needed. However my genetic Cajun swamp sense would have kicked in on this one. ;)

I would have given them a gris-gris cursed them out in broken Cajun French and left them right there.

Not driven them all the way to Broussard...

So what did he think was going to happen when the women went to that abandoned house with the suspect?

Better yet, what did the two women think was happening? The article says that he pulled out the knife AFTER they got to the abandoned house.

So the women must have been lured there by drugs or something like that.

So I am not sure this perp is connected to Mickey.

He might not be, but white truck driver could be. Maybe he got cold feet.

Every once in a while I come out of the woodwork with my thoughts lol

I neither trust nor distrust anyone. People have reason to tell the truth
or lie depending on the reason.

I don't think that LE lies about a case. I think they just omit what they
think they need to and on the other hand put something out there
to see what it brings in to their advantage.
I guess to me that's a fine line between lying and leaving us to believe
what we do.

I do think the truck of so much discussion might not even have anything
to do with the case, BUT I think LE has gotten more from where the
bike was left.

One other thing, it's been said here that the streets are filled with people
at that hour. driving, riding, walking, biking. I find it odd no one
saw Mickey anywhere.

just my current opinion peeps!!!

Every once in a while I come out of the woodwork with my thoughts lol

I neither trust nor distrust anyone. People have reason to tell the truth
or lie depending on the reason.

I don't think that LE lies about a case. I think they just omit what they
think they need to and on the other hand put something out there
to see what it brings in to their advantage.
I guess to me that's a fine line between lying and leaving us to believe
what we do.

I do think the truck of so much discussion might not even have anything
to do with the case, BUT I think LE has gotten more from where the
bike was left.

One other thing, it's been said here that the streets are filled with people
at that hour. driving, riding, walking, biking. I find it odd no one
saw Mickey anywhere.

just my current opinion peeps!!!

BBM

So if these streets are so busy where is the traffic?

Where are the people/cars at the Circle K?

Maybe people did see Mickey and reported it to LE...there would be no reason for the public to know about it...JMO

Ok back to the DWT... I know ... But other posters besides myself note their is a yellow utility/tool box on side of truck bed. Why hasnt this been described in more detail. This could help locate the truck quicker, even if the owner removed the box someone could have noticed that now it is gone. etc.

I went back and looked at LE photo of the z71 and I see a driver with a white shirt and jet black hair, almost as though the hair color is not natural. I also see two feet up on the dash on the passenger side as someone is stretched out.

I also wanted to add that the changing lights in the photos probably come from people parked in front of the Circle K, not at the pumps but directly in front of the store. I wonder if all CK customers have been checked out, surely they have cameras inside the store. I still think LE needs to account for everyone in the neighborhood.

Maybe people did see Mickey and reported it to LE...there would be no reason for the public to know about it...JMO

IMO, silence & missinformation by LE via the ms media in abduction/missing persons cases causes innocent victims lives lost and mounting cold cases. The American public is their most valuable resource in missing persons investigations. Sexual predators are recidivist and claim many victims for years or even decades before identified or arrested due to this antiquated strategy.

BBM

So if these streets are so busy where is the traffic?

Where are the people/cars at the Circle K?

Exactly!!!! I wish I could remember who said that here.
I believe it was a local. (of course it would be) :sheesh:
Even though non-locals could also know.

Circle K seemed to have the most cars. Three I think in
that one pic we have been shown.

I would just assume it was the late hour that the streets didn't
have much activity.

Right this smells fishy. Something about this just is really odd. Why would someone give three people a ride from a hotel on Cameron street of all places.. and not wondering what was going on?

I mean honestly, I am fairly kind and gregarious, and like most Cajuns willing to help when help is needed. However my genetic Cajun swamp sense would have kicked in on this one. ;)

I would have given them a gris-gris cursed them out in broken Cajun French and left them right there.

Not driven them all the way to Broussard...
My darling' who's been away from home too long:
Gris-Gris & juju are for you...
Mojo is for him/her...that's how your spell begins.

:dance: Last call! Start gathering up your things and get ready to head on over to a new thread. I'll be locking this one up in about ten minutes.

Exactly!!!! I wish I could remember who said that here.
I believe it was a local. (of course it would be) :sheesh:
Even though non-locals could also know.

Circle K seemed to have the most cars. Three I think in
that one pic we have been shown.

I would just assume it was the late hour that the streets didn't
have much activity.

Yup have thought this for a long time... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle