LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a little time to navigate through FB and all the YouTube videos, and I just have to say, I am so impressed with what all you locals have been doing. Mickey's friends and family, and even people who don't know her, have created a social media firestorm of awareness. They are incrediably organized and it's truly beautiful to see. Honestly, I have not seen anything like this in any other case I have followed. The media savviness and sophistication is fantastic. Lots of missing people have FB pages dedicated to them, but not at this level. They have created FB cover photos of Mickey to use on your timeline, informational videos and even have a calendar where you can sign up to bring the Shunicks meals. It's awe inspiring! And, it, in all truthfulness, brought me to tears.

Layfayette, and its wonderful, big-hearted people, have just been added to this Northerner's list of must-see places.

Mickey went missing at 2am 5/19?
This family not seen since 5/19?
It's possible I guess.

Facts.jpg
[/url][/IMG]You can also go to Google Earth to view this map and see the photos laid into the map as well as time stamps with paths of the vehicles. Here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/embed/?place=topic%2Fgec-current-events%2FbQLQcOStvGk%2Fdiscussion
Yellow Path is the path of the Car
Red Path is the path of the Truck
Pink Path is Mickeys Path
(
  • 1:45 am- Mickey leaves BW house
  • 1:48 am -We have a photo of Mickey on her bike at the Circle K
  • No Time -We have a photo of a White truck going the same direction as she is
  • 1:49:38 am -We have a photo of a car on W University going towards St Landry
  • No Time-We have a photo of the truck turned around going the opposite direction (left) onto W University (no time)
  • 1:51:27 a.m.- Photo of said truck on W University at
  • No Time 'Point "A"- We know that the car turned right onto St Landry because there is a photo of it

If corrrect, then we can assume the following:
IF Mickey made it to point "A" where they caught the car going down the street on camera, then they would have her on camera there also because it was right down the street from where they already had her on camera only a minute before. She must have disappeared within that small area from circle K to where they caught the car on camera
They want to talk to the driver of the car because there would be no possible way that they didn't see something happen. They were crossing paths with Mickey and the Truck when whatever happened happened.

This is an image of the car after it got a little past Circle K which would be around 224 St Landry. There is definitely a white vehicle, most likely the truck coming towards the car. There is also no Mickey passing with the car. This car saw what happened.

Attachments

• car2overlay_edited-1.jpg
    car2overlay_edited-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 319
This is an image of the car after it got a little past Circle K which would be around 224 St Landry. There is definitely a white vehicle, most likely the truck coming towards the car. There is also no Mickey passing with the car. This car saw what happened.

It's WAY late for me but... am I seeing brake lights on the car? Driving lights usually are just two on the rear! AND is the front right wheel turned to the left?

Sorry maybe I need sleep!:banghead:

It sure looks like brake lights to me, that's what I thought. That spot right there is a very dark Oak tree covered part of the road, there is a fence with thick shrubbery. It's the corner of Calder St and St Landry

It sure looks like brake lights to me, that's what I thought. That spot right there is a very dark Oak tree covered part of the road, there is a fence with thick shrubbery. It's the corner of Calder St and St Landry

I do NOT like that the front wheels look to be turned~ there is no reason to stop in the road there! The car APPEARS to be stopped! IMO:what:

It's WAY late for me but... am I seeing brake lights on the car? Driving lights usually are just two on the rear! AND is the front right wheel turned to the left?

Sorry maybe I need sleep!:banghead:

JMO, it is really hard to tell about either thing you mention with the poor quality of the picture.

But it does look to me as though the car is going down (or stopped in, as the case might be) the middle of the street!

JMO, it is really hard to tell about either thing you mention with the poor quality of the picture.

But it does look to me as though the car is going down the middle of the street!

I agree! They need to find THAT car! too

Oh, I didn't know I couldn't use certain words. Sorry.

Scarier still is the guy from Riverside CA is a real person....as per zaba. Not that it's really him posting, just that someone is using a real persons name IYKWIM.

Where is his post on FB? Can you link it?

The page is still goofy - now it's a little to the left.

1:31:00 - Last activity on Mickey's cell

17 mins later MS is on her bike near gas station waiting to cross over Univ. onto Landry Street

1:48:00 - Mickey on video stopped near gas station

1:49:38 - Car travels on University toward Landry Street/turns onto Landry

1:51:27 - Image of white truck captured going away from Landry on Univ.

What did the people in the car see and is the white truck the same truck that was captured on video in the same spot Mickey was last seen on video.

Could the white truck have taken her in a matter of seconds? Or is LE asking the people in these vehicles to come forward if they witnessed anything that may have involved another white truck.

Has anyone else thought of the possibility these vehicles worked together to get her, bike quickly??? Seeing this all together is disturbing!!

I agree! They need to find THAT car! too

Is that an apartment building on the left? Could they be turning in, or stopped briefly to pick someone up or let someone out? Maybe folks living there (if it is apartments) need to be interviewed.

Has anyone else thought of the possibility these vehicles worked together to get her, bike quickly??? Seeing this all together is disturbing!!
:what: NO! Thank goodness YOU did! makes TOTAL sense!:moo:

Horrible to think someone "took" someone,....AND their wheelchair...

What is very weird, though, is a couple of weeks ago, there was a girl from here whom had her wheelchair stolen. It was on the news for a few days. They did arrest the man who stole it, but this guy may be making this up and inserting tidbits from our local news. JMO

Also, you guys are awesome!!! Been following since Natalee Holloway and just had to joing since this is so close to home. I graduated from UL in Criminal Justica and am in Grad school there now.
And I agree with the other locals, I would not go into these areas at night. I used to work at the jail a few blocks from the Circle K and we went there often for coffee. Not a good element at night!

What is very weird, though, is a couple of weeks ago, there was a girl from here whom had her wheelchair stolen. It was on the news for a few days. They did arrest the man who stole it, but this guy may be making this up and inserting tidbits from our local news. JMO

Also, you guys are awesome!!! Been following since Natalee Holloway and just had to joing since this is so close to home. I graduated from UL in Criminal Justica and am in Grad school there now.
And I agree with the other locals, I would not go into these areas at night. I used to work at the jail a few blocks from the Circle K and we went there often for coffee. Not a good element at night!

Welcome to WebSleuths -- glad you joined!

Lots of guests viewing this thread, even at this hour -- y'all come on in, join up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz