LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you clean up this morning chicken fried? We don't want you out there scaring people - lol! :blowkiss:

It's part of my charm... :p
Actually it was helpful while passing out flyers to point to my car as an example of how big the Caddy is.

Internet is going in and out due to the workers.

I need to go work on my truck...it's been off the road since '09, & now it's time to put the tailgate back on. When I go up Ambassador to get some bolts I will bring more flyers.

I am trying to understand on what basis she would be "being held." There has not been a ransom demand, apparently, and I can't think of many, if any, women who are kidnapped and "held". Of course, there are the ones who are still missing, we don't know their status, but it seems so unlikely to me. Yes, there have been a few children who have been found much later, but an adult?

She's a small person, could have been mistaken for a child. People who are snatched are usually held for sexual purposes, I believe.

Originally Posted by kgeaux
I don't think the perp would necessarily have to know the history/reputation of the Whiskey Bay exit.

It's an out of the way area that is easily accessible by roadway or waterway, it's dark and deserted at night, and it's a kind of no-brainer choice to dump stuff in the swamp.

Yes but the sheer coincidence of it being by Whiskey Bay..... Why not Butte La Rose?? It would be more convenient to drop the bike there due to accesibility coming from Lafayette. It's closer than Whiskey Bay. He must have had the location in mind. Hints either a copycat near the area, or worse a nationwide suspect that the FBI doesn't want to release info about. All he would have to do is google serial killers in Louisiana.http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...uge/index.html

The Butte LaRose exit is much more populated. It would be risking someone noticing his vehicle and remembering it.

I'm not sold on the idea he doesn't know about DTL's body dumps. I just think it is possible that the WB exit would be a logical dump site even without that knowledge.

I'm just one person... anyone who can help and print flyers about the old car would be great.

I haven't had A/C in my house since a big fire in Nov. and I'm really suffering today from the heat... my medical condition is such that I don't react well to heat. Yesterday and today have been miserable - not a whiff of breeze at all. Hot as heck.

She's a small person, could have been mistaken for a child. People who are snatched are usually held for sexual purposes, I believe.

I would agree, if not for the time...seems like someone was cruising when the bars would be letting out...a possibility not unlike Lauren's case, actually.

I would agree, if not for the time...seems like someone was cruising when the bars would be letting out...a possibility not unlike Lauren's case, actually.

Very valid point.

I'm hoping she's being held as opposed to another option.

What I don't understand is that they have a pic of MS right across the street from Circle K. That's the last pic of this poor girl. But about 100 yards further down the street, in the direction she was travelling, there are pictures of "vehicles of interst", taken at the same time. Why aren't there any pics of MS from that camera? It would take her about 10 seconds to go from the Circle K to the area where the pics of the "vehicles of interest" is taken.

Unless she was immediately thrown into the back of that white pickup...

What I don't understand is that they have a pic of MS right across the street from Circle K. That's the last pic of this poor girl. But about 100 yards further down the street, in the direction she was travelling, there are pictures of "vehicles of interst", taken at the same time. Why aren't there any pics of MS from that camera? It would take her about 10 seconds to go from the Circle K to the area where the pics of the "vehicles of interest" is taken.

Maybe because somewhere between that spot and the pics of the vehicles of interest is where she disappeared? I am assuming that there were certain areas where there were no cameras recording. Otherwise... I have no idea.

From KSLA:

Crews had been combing through the area since fishermen found the 22-year-old's bike submerged in the water underneath I-10 Sunday.

(not much more) at link: http://www.ksla.com/story/18639942/shunick-search-called-off-in-whiskey-bay

(first time I've heard anything about the bike being in the water vs. on land, etc)
And of course take it with a grain of salt, MSM reporting and all that.

I'm wondering if it just wasn't tossed over the side of the bridge, wonder just how much that highway is used late at night.

Submerged in how deep of water and how close to shore? (argh...need more info)

From KSLA:

Crews had been combing through the area since fishermen found the 22-year-old's bike submerged in the water underneath I-10 Sunday.

(not much more) at link: http://www.ksla.com/story/18639942/shunick-search-called-off-in-whiskey-bay

(first time I've heard anything about the bike being in the water vs. on land, etc)

If that report is correct, now we're getting somewhere. If it was dropped off I-10 just east of the boat ramp, they could have pulled onto the shoulder without blocking the right lane. Had they been able to pull over on the bridge, it wouldn't have been found. Stroke of luck, I say.

That would have been a lot less risky than going down the exit ramp and maybe being seen by a random person there.

Sounds like they ditched the bike on the way, and didn't have a boat.

I'm wondering if it just wasn't tossed over the side of the bridge, wonder just how much that highway is used late at night.

Cars can be few and far between that late--- sometimes 30 seconds or even a bit more.

I've done a good amount of late-night driving through there.

From KSLA:

WHOA!!! That puts a new spin on it for me. I had originally imagined they stopped quickly and hid it in the bushes. But hearing it was in the water makes me feel like she might have been underwater too.

But apparently they have quit searching there for the day, with no trace of her found.

Submerged in water takes away the taunting theory, IMO. And makes things worse :(

If it was tossed over the bridge, the water is pretty low right now. It likely was tossed off the RIGHT (land) side... and so landed in very shallow water. Probably half in and half out, I would think, knowing that area. It would have been harder to find had they tossed it from the left lane (water side) - but I bet they didn't. This goes for going either direction, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox