LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a convience store there that also sells gas, if I'm looking at the correct one. K?

In the "daylight" picture there is a white truck parked in the lot. There must be an overabundance of white trucks - could make it a lot harder to locate the correct one.

It's part of my charm... :p
Actually it was helpful while passing out flyers to point to my car as an example of how big the Caddy is.

Internet is going in and out due to the workers.

I need to go work on my truck...it's been off the road since '09, & now it's time to put the tailgate back on. When I go up Ambassador to get some bolts I will bring more flyers.

I wish you had left out the part about putting the tailgate back on your truck. Thump.

Today is my 60th BIRTHDAY.

When I blew out the candles on my cake, I didnt make a wish........I prayed for Mickey and her family.

Thought they'd find her today. (But it keeps a bit of hope alive that they haven't.) Still four hours of daylight to go.

Sun sets at 8:03 CDT, 3 hours and 53 minutes from now.

If that report is correct, now we're getting somewhere. If it was dropped off I-10 just east of the boat ramp, they could have pulled onto the shoulder without blocking the right lane. Had they been able to pull over on the bridge, it wouldn't have been found. Stroke of luck, I say.

That would have been a lot less risky than going down the exit ramp and maybe being seen by a random person there.

Sounds like they ditched the bike on the way, and didn't have a boat.

What accounts for different wordings like that? How did THESE people get the submerged in water info??

In the "daylight" picture there is a white truck parked in the lot. There must be an overabundance of white trucks - could make it a lot harder to locate the correct one.

You have no clue, cause when I do a 180 there is a white truck that is so close to matching the one in the video it's scarey. It's parked in a parking lot there.

Today is my 60th BIRTHDAY.

When I blew out the candles on my cake, I didnt make a wish........I prayed for Mickey and her family.
Happy birthday Dum-Dum Sucker! I've found someone older than me! (By under two years.)

I really feel dumping the bike was a diversionary tactic to fool LE into believing they're headed eastbound and dropped the bike on the way. It's my take that she's being held in Lafayette.

Why not keep the bike hidden with her? Because by dumping it they hopefully take some heat off. I believe if she were dead LE would have found a body also.

Makes no sense to dump just the bike if that were the case.

Yep...this was my first opinion....the evidence was "planted" there. But as time went on through the night, I felt they just might find something else there to give them a clue.

I'll throw out a little theory here. Let's say the perp was not fully aware of the topography of the Whiskey Bay area, though aware it was remote. The perp may have assumed that he was throwing it into deep water - if it was dark, he wouldn't have been able to see. He May have just decided to dump it, got to the bridge, saw there was no shoulder, then passed up the exit, then dumped it as soon as he could pull over. He may have been going on a general awareness of its remoteness, but not intentionally trying to send any sort of signal.

Bet he thought it would go into deep water and not be found. Otherwise, he would have thrown it over the LEFT rail, not the right.

I'm saying it must have been the right rail, because that's the only place you can dump a bike in that area and have it partially submerged.

Again, leave the psychic sites to their own devices. Just a hint of that in the air here can derail a good thread of logical sleuthing, done in a rational manner.

I am trying to understand on what basis she would be "being held." There has not been a ransom demand, apparently, and I can't think of many, if any, women who are kidnapped and "held". Of course, there are the ones who are still missing, we don't know their status, but it seems so unlikely to me. Yes, there have been a few children who have been found much later, but an adult?
I'm sure there are plenty to bring up involving minors (Dugard, Smart, Maynard) but I was trying to remember some other ones involving young women and adults. Several cases involved a single man or couples kidnapping a young woman and keeping them in a box or enclosure indefinitely (Cameron and Janice Hooker, Robert Yachen Lee, Jeffrey Maxwell). In others a man or woman kept one or several woman as prisoners in their basement (Gary M. Heidnik, Linda Weston). One story involved a father and son who took a young woman to be the son's wife and kept her out in the woods (Don and Dan Nichols).
I think it is always a possibility that a person who was abducted could still be alive, but every situation is unique.

I was hoping they would atleast find a footprint or something. I don't know whether to beleive it is a good thing or a bad thing that LE didn't find any more evidence at Whiskey Bay. Such a horrible thing to happend in LA, and I'm one of the many young girls who don't really think something like this could ever happen to them, I always leave my doors unlocked when my boyfriend isn't home and is at work and stuff, not anymore. I hope they find Mickey and she is okay! Such a horrible thing to happen to such an obviously sweet girl.

I've noticed ALOT of people questioning how the abducter would have been able to put Mickey in his truck and also the bike - and I just think that answer is obviously they had a gun or some wepon (ASSUMING that the perp took the bike with him) thinking about it, it would make alot of sense TO ME (I can't think like a criminal haha) because if I was on a bike someone pulls up on side of me points a gun at me and tells me to get in the car - I'm NOT screaming and I'm not going to run away! I know it doens't take long to put a bike into the back of a truck and I doubt someone could sneak away.

Is their a reason why ALOT of people suspect he didn't have a gun to make this go easier? I know many of you think this was pre-planned. Just asking!

If the "partially submerged" story is true, it also makes sense that fishermen found it - coming back west down the canal to the boat ramp, they would have seen it near the bank.

This is just a statement of disgust:

I canNOT understand why anyone would enjoy abducting a person. And how they can be okay knowing that they are ruining people's lives (not only the victim but the immediate family automatically has to find a way to live now in a bad world). Where does such evil come from.

I can understand some crimes. But this sort of thing to me is beyond my imagination's ability to comprehend.

concernedformickey, I think FBI retired; R. Depue, probably says it best:

http://fightforjustice.blogspot.com/2005/12/roger- l-depue.html
Roger Depue “Between Good and Evil” He is retired FBI BAU..

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.
Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I wish you had left out the part about putting the tailgate back on your truck. Thump.

Why? Not trying to read into something that isn't there, so I'll just ask... is this accusatory?

I thought the enhanced photos showed all of the trucks had tailgates intact and up, so the missing/lowered tailgate isn't an issue anyway. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member