LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's this little factoid thing again:

How to....

Ignore someone before they get all up in your grill etc.:

Go to Quick Links, upper right of screen; click on User Control Panel; then find, at left of next screen, Edit Ignore List. Click on that and fill in the blank with the poster(s) you want to ignore.

Vary the number of posts you see on one page:

Go to Quick Links, upper right of screen; click on Edit Options; about two-thirds of the way down, in the center will be, under Thread Display Opitons, "How Many Posts to Show Per Page." Set the number.

Find the WS Scanner Chatter link for Mickey Shunick:

The link: Mickey Shunick is missing (n.b. as Salem the mod says, what happens in scanner chatter stays in scanner chatter; it is a "members only" feature and discussion about what one finds there should not work its way back to the public thread you're on right now)

Contact a mod:

After posting, or on someone else's post that concerns you, click on red exclamation point at upper right of
that post; fill in the box on next screen with your question or concern.

Another question is whether the brake lights are on or not. It could be preparing to turn left at Calder St.

It's really hard to tell. I think that cameras that pick up stuff at night tend to show light sources as overly bright, as with all of the reflection on the white truck. A photo expert needs to look at these and enhance them. Village Labs in Arizona comes to mind because they analyze and enhance lots of UFO videos.

Sorry, I know we are discussing the VOIs again but I need to put in my two cents.

Somewhere (I should have saved copies of all of the interviews) I believe I read that BW said they ate in his kitchen. Honestly Taco Bell isn't something that takes forever to eat, but if they did hang around and eat it makes the timing sequence that much tighter.

I do remember a quote like that from him. I figure maybe Mickey started eating on the way there, finished up in the kitchen, a little small talk, and off she went. I think maybe BW didn't get anything to eat...? But that, I'm not sure about.

So the "Caddy" may be completing a lane change to tuen left on Calder? Is that Calder, directly adjacent to the truck's right?

(Talking about the photo of the car)

It is. You can see it here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=240+St+Landry+lafayette+la&layer=c&sll=30.219549,-92.024725&cbp=13,170.44,,0,19.2&cbll=30.219074,-92.025183&hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=240+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana+70506&ll=30.218997,-92.025261&spn=0.006351,0.011362&t=m&z=17&vpsrc=0&panoid=DCXW5K4pn1h_4xFxlYrLVw

The thing about Calder St, though, is that it doesn't really go anywhere. Probably the only reason anyone would take the street is to get to a residence on that street.

I do remember a quote like that from him. I figure maybe Mickey started eating on the way there, finished up in the kitchen, a little small talk, and off she went. I think maybe BW didn't get anything to eat...? But that, I'm not sure about.

I remember reading something like that too. I think I also read that Brettly is a vegan and that ruled out his eating anything from Taco Bell.

If Mickey was really tired, not feeling well, and just wanted to grab a bite to fortify herself for the ride home, I don't find the timeline too tight. I think she just wanted to get home.

Were there any cameras further down the route Mickey was traveling? Did Mickey turn onto a street that would not have cameras?

`
chicken fried --- I'm lost in these threads... they're going too fast!

I'm curious about that car... did you definitely decide on it being a cadillac?

A boyfriend of mine from long, long ago inherited his dad's 1980s Buick Electra. It was this exact model:

1980-1985 Buick Electra Park Avenue Sedan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

They are long as heck! We once took it on a roadtrip and had 7 (young) adults in it (his car had bench seats in the front).

The reason I ask is because the photo that shows the back of the car seems to inaccurately shrink down the size of the back window because of some sort of fisheye effect. You can see the weird way it curves by looking at the apartment building in the back. Also, it looks like the car has the same kind of brake lights/tail lights that slightly wrap around, if the motion blur on the first photo of this car is accurate.

Oh yeah, and their wheel wells are not round, but more square-ish....

Anyhow, not questioning your knowledge of cars... just wasn't sure what I have and haven't missed in the threads! I'm so far behind!! :)

Edited: Here's some more versions of that car that look like helpful photos... I'm still trying to find one that looks like it's colored like the ones in the surveillance photos.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7206/6953028017_2a59d5276a_b.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is105/berlineus2az3.5131.jpg

http://www.boutiquecalandre.com/images/NEO/neo44775_77-Buick-Electra-Sedan.jpg

http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...lectra-limited-1981-buick_electra_1984_30.jpg

Wow, thanks! I am not yet done pondering the car. I dismissed the Park Avenue upthread because the the side ridge was too high, but just looked at the 1979 Electra Park Avenue, and it's in the right spot! The size of the window looks right, too.

But... the taillights.... that's so tricky. those are flat horizontal. And there's something wrong with the pic - looks like LE purposely blocked out the license plate with that big white square....... This is a tough one. I'm trying to finish a job outside and cook some dinner. But now I'll put the Electra on the list.....

If Mickey was really tired, not feeling well, and just wanted to grab a bite to fortify herself for the ride home, I don't find the timeline too tight. I think she just wanted to get home.

It was said that she was still hungover and nauseated from the night before. I can't imagine her eating much or that fast if that were the case.

thanks - so the "Caddy" was turning left on Calder. Hmm,

`

Wow, thanks! I am not yet done pondering the car. I dismissed the Park Avenue upthread because the the side ridge was too high, but just looked at the 1979 Electra Park Avenue, and it's in the right spot! The size of the window looks right, too.

But... the taillights.... that's so tricky. those are flat horizontal. And there's something wrong with the pic - looks like LE purposely blocked out the license plate with that big white square....... This is a tough one. I'm trying to finish a job outside and cook some dinner. But now I'll put the Electra on the list.....

bbm: Or maybe it has one of those plate covers someone was posting about the other night, the ones that "glare" to foil the stoplight cameras?

Thanks! I recall that and it's a good comparison. Things look so different at night.
People are speculating about the caddy with break lights on and turning left. To me it appears the caddy is in the middle of the road. Mickey was hugging the right curb on st Landry at circle k. Maybe the caddy saw her, just passed her while slowing (brake lights on) and was about to get back in the right lane? The truck, which meanwhile might have been circling for her, noticed the caddy and decided to pass her up, circle around university back into saint streets and track her down a little farther near the hospital once the caddy had moved out of the area?

Looked to me like Calder crossed many intersections, not a dead end.

To all of you wondering about time stamps and routes. Some of the same photos have been posted in various places both with and without time stamps. If you are interested in the VOI pics go back to thread 4 and retread. That is where most of the discussion has taken place and shows all of the photos, some with time stamps and some without. Someone even posted google sat map with the routes all color coded for Mickey and each of the VOI. Worth a reread if you are unclear.

I found the post with the color coded map (thanks to CIRCA for the great post and mapping work) heres the photo and explanation from the post.

Yellow Path is the path of the Car
Red Path is the path of the Truck
Pink Path is Mickeys Path

* 1:45 am- Mickey leaves BW house
* 1:47 am- We have a photo of Mickey on Versailles and St Landry
* 1:48 am -We have a photo of Mickey on her bike at the Circle K
* No Time -We have a photo of a White truck going the same direction as she is
* 1:49:38 am -We have a photo of a car on W University going towards St Landry
* No Time-We have a photo of the truck turned around going the opposite direction (left) onto W University (no time)
* 1:51:27 a.m.- Photo of said truck on W University at
No Time 'Point "A"- We know that the car turned right onto St Landry because there is a photo of it

Attachments

• mapcolors.jpg
    mapcolors.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 76
What if the truck is stopped?

I can't put my finger on why, but from the first time I saw that photo I get the impression that the white truck traveling opposite the caddy on St. Landry is stopped. I agree that LE, having the video, know if that truck was stopped.

Forgot to tell you all-when I was out cleaning up my workbench this afternoon, I was looking under a chair for the end of the extension cord and found an old genuine voodoo doll from Marie Laveau's.
Haven't seen that thing since I moved in 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500