GUILTY LA - Murry & Jaime Day for starving 9yo boy, Lake Charles, 2010

another private page.......damn.

if it was open i could spew all my hate at her

Hey baby-angel boy: as hard as your life has been to date, I have to believe and hope that God has carved out a very special role for you to play in this world. You are smart and strong to have survived this. I hope you never ever know another day of suffering in your life.

For the life of me, I can not understand how a person can have multiple children in their house and choose one child to abuse. How can they justify that in their minds.

I have to believe these people are criminally insane, to be able to do this, but are responsible for their actions, due to the fact that they hide their crimes by hiding these children and their abuse, proving they are sane enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

Oh, I can't think of a single adult in this story that I don't hate, with the exception of the one that called the whole thing in. They are a hero and prove that you can change the world of another person.

Taken from his mother, not allowed to see her due to physical abuse, which may have been either a relief or a crushing blow, depending on how he felt about her. Parents are parents, it's hard not to love even the abusive ones.

Then, he gets what must have felt like a brand new start...same old instead.

This child is going to need incredible strength and incredible help to make it. Physically, he's going to be okay, but the worst damage is not done to the outside.
I hope and pray that he is able to find what he needs to make it through.

he needs someone that will love him and not abuse him.

so far he hasnt gotten that at all.

:( There are no words. Prayers to the little fella. I hope he finds a family that will love and support him the way every child on this planet deserves.

How can anyone be so cruel? To quote one of my favorite lines from Forrest Gump: "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks". Good line to use when someone or something/story has you so upset you can't verbalize it.

Hey baby-angel boy: as hard as your life has been to date, I have to believe and hope that God has carved out a very special role for you to play in this world. You are smart and strong to have survived this. I hope you never ever know another day of suffering in your life.

Thanks so much for these wonderful words...........Dave Pelzer comes to mind. I feel just heartsick over this one but there IS still hope and I thank you for reminding me of that. Indeed, he may someday be a motivational speaker giving other abused children a voice to speak with.

Child Abuse Update: Jaime Day Files for Divorce

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 10:28 PM
Updated: Mar 10, 2010 10:31 PM

Court records show that Jaime Day filed for divorce from her husband, Murry Day on March 5th. Murry Day's 9 year old son was discovered in their Lake Charles home February 19th with injuries and malnutrition consistent with child abuse.

KATC has learned that Jaime Day worked from home, while her husband has been working out of town for several months on a construction job.
The Department of Social Services was unable to comment on specifics regarding this case, however DSS was able to confirm that Murry Day was awarded custody in some sort of a custody settlement with the boy's biological mother. We were unable to reach the boy's biological mother for comment Wednesday.

http://www.katc.com/news/child-abuse-update-jaime-day-files-for-divorce/

In the video at link, it was said this little boy suffers from "mental illness"...I was thinking more along the lines of DD when I'd read he had a diaper on when they found him....at any rate, IMO he was the one the monsters chose to abuse because of his issues -- he was the most vulnerable of the children. :(

notice when the kids are horribly abused the parents always seem to blame the kid for it.

i guess laurie labove is lousiana's version of cheyene molino

There is a video at this link:

Abused Boy Ate Feces & Drank Urine To Survive (VIDEO)

According to District Attorney John DeRosier, the two counts of second degree cruelty to a juvenile could carry up to 40-years each. The 25 cruelty to a juvenile charges could carry up to ten years in prison each. If convicted on all charges, Jaime Day could be sentenced to 330-years in prison.

On February, 19 a deputy responding to a call of concern found a thirty-eight pound 9-year old laying on a blood and urine stained pallet. They said he had multiple bruises to his body and hypothermia due to malnutrition. District Attorney John DeRosier said his office is ready for the case.

"Certainly this is a very serious case. And, we take all child neglect and molestation cases extremely serious in this office," said DeRosier.

http://globalgrind.com/channel/news...d-Boy-Ate-Feces-Drank-Urine-To-Survive-VIDEO/

I think this really says it all, no matter what lame excuse they come up with:

Officials also say this isn't the first time the boy has been abused. The Office of Child Services took away the parental rights of his mother and placed him in the home of his father six years ago. Meanwhile, officials say the child is now doing well in a foster home and has gained 17 pounds.

Sunnie--Your post made me want to learn more. You are correct in that we see this so often and it seems to be increasing. When you think about it, though, the practice of scapegoating must go back to the beginning of time. There are folk stories, Biblical parables, mythology...it's a classic human reaction. I'm going to do some more specific research on scapegoating of children and abuse but in the meantime, this is an interesting article on the age-old practice of singling out one for poor treatment:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoating[/ame]

There was a case recently--I think the Andrea and Scott Bass case in Arizona--which included severe scapegoating. They are the couple who imprisoned their 14 year old in the bathroom with a few cans of food and a bucket. She was the brave little girl who escaped and rode 20 miles on her bike to freedom.

The other children in the home were not mistreated and actually treated the 14 year old poorly. I've read snips here and there in numerous other cases about other children in a home such as this failing to develop empathy. There was a case out of Michigan last year and even the Jeanette Maples case here in Oregon. That is truly horrifying, when you think of it. I found a paper which is only available by subscription but here's a quote:

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a904291362~db=all~jumptype=rss

"Empathy is a crucial concept in understanding not only child maltreatment, but its intergenerational transmission. One form of maltreatment, often involving both physical and emotional abuse, targets one child in the family, referred to as the “scapegoat.” Historically, the scapegoat has been regarded as the only abuse victim; clinical experience demonstrates otherwise. In many families, siblings identify with the parent, joining in blaming the victim for the caretaker's abuse of that child. They demonstrate empathy deficits, which may protect them from the effects of witnessing the process."

I'll keep looking.

In my own experience, I've known incidents where children entering foster care are determined to be better off placed in separate homes due to past scapegoating. I've personally never dealt with a child damaged in this way but I would think it would be an uphill battle to "teach" empathy after trauma such as this. Our schools and society in general, seem to know so much more about the long term trauma of bullying. Scapegoating is basically a much more severe form of bullying.

This article brings up the issue of the cycle of scapegoating abuse. The child might start out with a difference or a challenge which causes the parent to not bond appropriately, to fail to develop love or empathy for the child. There's also the distinct possibility that the parent is simply emotionally unavailable due to stressors ie. drugs, cognitive deficits, or violence in the home. With an unattached parent, a child will not be imprinted with pleasing the parent and will thus "act out" (take food, wet or soil themselves, damage property, hurt themselves, etc.) and take care of themselves. This is the "institutionalized" behavior we see from children rescued from orphanages. Any one who works with animals can relate to this as this is similar to the "puppy mill phenomenon".

This "acting out" in turn fuels the fire of the parent's dislike of the child and begins to remove some of the guilt and expectancy to protect. The abuse escalates where both the parent and the child have moved into a polarized place and are stuck.

Obviously, I'm looking at this clinically. A parent MUST protect but not all can. An infant or young child is NEVER to blame for their abuse. "Acting out" is often a human response to poor treatment. But we have to keep in mind that a child's natural demeanor or even physical differences can be a factor in scapegoating. I keep remembering case after case which we've covered here on WS--at least a couple each week. I think we all need to learn more about this overtly criminal abuse.

I am familiar with attachment disorder after parenting four children diagnosed with this life-changing disorder. While I wish I could assure everyone that this poor little guy just needs to be given unlimited love and food and warmth, that's rarely enough. The damage can be so severe that often the child's "bucket" can never be filled.

Children abused in this way, often cannot trust and tend to shock others by putting themselves first. They have no desire or understanding of pleasing others as they've been focused on survival since those cries of hunger or cold or loneliness went unanswered in their first few formative months.

Scapegoating

"Often one child in a family is singled out as the recipient of the most abuse. Reasons for this type of selection are complex and varied. Usually scapegoating begins at a very early age, sometimes at birth. Infants who are irritable, colicky and who do not respond well to parental nurturing may become targets for abuse. Premature infants are more likely to become scapegoats than those carried to full term.

Scapegoating is frequently described as an interactive process in which the child’s physical, social or psychological characteristics combine with those of the parent to increase the likelihood of abuse. Children perceived as difficult or unresponsive or hyperactive are at risk. Other traits can include psychological impairment, learning disabilities or chronic illness.

Caretakers of scapegoated children range from normally capable persons under stress to those with severe psychopathology. Parents may perceive a particular child as reflecting their own defects or inadequecies. In such situations the parent’s self-hatred is misdirected toward the child. The child has become a symbol of all the parent dislikes in him or herself.

Maltreatment by caretakers is quickly internalized by children. Scapegoated children come to have low self-esteem and see themselves as bad and deserving of punishment. As they grow older many of these children actually seek punishment by acting out at home or in school. They may also invite abuse from peers by taunting and provoking them. Because the children see themselves as deserving of abuse they offer only token self-defense when they are subsequently attacked.

As they grow older, victims of severe scapegoating continue to have difficulty in establishing close relationships with peers, teachers and others. Prolonged treatment is often required to help these children develop a capacity for displaying warmth toward themselves and others.

Attributed to an older Psychology textbook. No link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back