GUILTY LA - Murry & Jaime Day for starving 9yo boy, Lake Charles, 2010

lets see they nearly killed him, are going to be on trial for it, and yet get visitation rights to him?

ummmmmmmmmmmmm wtf

No, no rights to him. There are two younger children that were not abused, except for what it did to them to see another child treated the way this poor boy was. It's bound to have warped them.

Were they trying to starve this child to death? Horrible!

OMG! I left this thread and just saw two more threads about people starving children, what is going on?

Looking but can't find any updates on this case.

I want to know where these two are and what has happened with this case.
I've tried to pull up info from the Calcasieu Parish Correctional page but they are not on any inmate lists.

I can't find any updates.

The defendant, Jaime Brooks Day, was convicted of second degree
cruelty to a juvenile, her step-son, G.H.1
She was sentenced to thirty years at hard
labor pursuant to La.R.S. 14.93.2.3. The statute allows for a maximum sentence of
forty years at hard labor. In a previous appeal, State v. Day, 14-708 (La.App. 3
Cir. 12/23/14), 158 So.3d 120,2
this court affirmed Day’s conviction but vacated
the sentence, finding it excessive and remanding the case to the trial court for
resentencing consistent with the opinion.

On remand, the trial court sentenced the defendant to serve ten years
at hard labor.

While this court previously found that thirty years was excessive because all of the harm by Jaime Day may not have been intentional, the record reflects that the neglect was deliberate and cruel. And, there is overwhelming testimony that (he) did not self-starve or self-inflict the physical wounds with which he was found: a large circular burn wound in the middle of his boney back with a total diameter of seven or eight inches; ligature marks on the fronts of both ankles; cuts on his head and inside his mouth and ear; bruises and scars on his eye, lips, stomach, arms, and legs; facial and body hair, called “lunago,” indicating starvation.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gg7MAk&usg=AFQjCNHDNQONK_jUWaNgssc5ScXS38xnEw

December 2015:

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - An appeals court has upheld the 10-year sentence imposed on a woman convicted of abusing her stepson.

Jaime Brooks Day, 33, was found guilty in late 2013 of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile.

Day argued that her 10-year sentence was excessive, but the appeals court disagreed.

The pictures, testimony, and Day’s own video indicate severe and hateful emotional cruelty by Jaime Day as well as criminal physical neglect by Jaime Day," Chief Judge Gene Thibodeaux wrote in the 3rd Circuit's opinion.

http://m.ksla.com/ksla/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:MVekw0tt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back