LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
They compared her to Lisa Marie Sexton.I believe she was missing in 1981.It wasn't her.Thankyou for telling me that.I didn't know that about this Jane Doe.Process of being healed.How long before she died do you feel this happened?

Suzanne

Hi
They compared her to Lisa Marie Sexton.I believe she was missing in 1981.It wasn't her.Thankyou for telling me that.I didn't know that about this Jane Doe.Process of being healed.How long before she died do you feel this happened?
The book doesn't say. I suppose that is something to ask Mary Manheim. She has e-mail. I think someone provided a link to the LSU website in a previous post.

Hi
Thankyou.I read some newspaper articles on it.

suzanne

Mullins said:
I think they do look alike. Especially the picture on the left (Charley Project) and the Linda Grimm pic.

Unless the mom has a phone record or calender or something else she recorded the phone call in (diary, etc) I would leave that open as a possibility that the year could be off. I know when my sister was murdered there was a lot of blurring of dates after the fact (for the entire family) due to I believe psychologically trying to forget, push away from consciousness in order to move forward with everyday living.
I am sorry about your sister.

I just did a better search on Doe network and found that this had been submitted and refused because of the dates. She sure is a dead ringer. IMO. I really wonder about the memories of the parents. Unless I had sure proof of those dates I would want her tested if she were my missing relative.

Hi
I agree.These Jane Does and John Does need to be ruled out with DNA.

Suzanne

I still keep going back to Joyce Irene Walcott missing from California. If you look at the other photos of the jane doe on her doenetwork page, the otherphotos look a lot like Walcott. Especially the drawn picture with her smiling. The mouth and nose look very much alike to me. Also, the eyes and eyebrows. Also, the history of trauma.

Hi
Are there any newspaper articles of when this Jane Doe was first found or her burial?

Suzanne

Hi
Are there any earlier newspaper artices on her when she was found and What do you think would have caused this dime sized scar on her knee?Do you know where it was on her knee?

Suzanne

More info on Scars etc...

SLIDELL -- In June 1986, fishermen discovered an unidentified white woman floating nude in Lake Pontchartrain with a plastic bag covering her head, secured with duct tape. The woman was seven weeks pregnant, had breast implants, a scar on her abdomen and another scar on her right wrist. Other than a gash on her head, there were no signs of trauma. The case was ruled a homicide, but investigators have been unable to find out who the woman was or who killed her. Now the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office is hoping a spot on a national television show will shed some light on the case.

"In 1986 not a whole lot was done with it," St. Tammany Parish Pathologist Michael DeFatta said. "It just sat there and sat there and sat there."
In 2003 cold case Det. Marco Demma reopened the investigation. The St. Tammany Parish Coroner's Office exhumed the body and sent it to LSU Forensic Anthropologist Mary Manheim for a facial reconstruction based on the woman's skull. DeFatta said the woman's facial features had been very distorted when she was found. In addition to reconstructing her face, Manheim and her staff used a formula based on the femur bone to conclude the victim was between 5 feet, 2 inches tall and 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighed 126 pounds. They also concluded the victim was between 20 and 30 years of age. This conflicted with original reports that the victim was between 17 and 20.

Manheim also discovered a right hip fracture that had healed, and there is a possibility the victim had plastic surgery on her nose. Also, all four of the woman's wisdom teeth had been extracted.

I would think there were articles in the Slidell or New Orleans libraries on microfilm or in archives BUT whether or not they survived through the flooding after Katrina is anybodies guess. Maybe you could call and ask if they have them and if they would be willing to mail copies or scan and email them to you.
The main branch for New Orleans is
219 Loyola ave.
New Orleans, LA 70112
601-596-2610 their website says they open on the 9th.
The St. Tammany parish library headquarters is..
310 W. 21st ave.
Covington, LA 70433
985-871-1219

Hi
Thankyou.I tried to write a few times.They never wrote me back.

Suzanne

Hi

May I please ask some questions?It does not say but did this Jane Doe have pierced ears or her tonsils removed?Do they know what nationality she may have been?What do you think would have caused the dime sized scar on her knee?Do they know where on her knee this scar was?

Suzanne

I would contact the director of the forensics lab at LSU or contact the St. Tammany parish sheriff's office and ask. I'm sure if you explain that you think this may be your sister they will try and give you that info. It seems that the info listed on doe network and american most wanted is all thats available to the public.

Had Tammy ever had her nose done that you know of?

Hi
I have talked to him before.I just didn't think to ask these questions.we are trying to talk to him again.

suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member