LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
suzannec4444 said:
Hi
I have talked to him before.I just didn't think to ask these questions.we are trying to talk to him again.

suzanne

Suzanne, try contacting Dr. Louis Cataldie. He is the chief forensic guy on the Katrina victims. I have a hugh amount of respect for him and I know he would steer you to all the right resources.

I am copying an updated post I submitted to the AMW board last summer, but was never acknowledged by the New Orleans / Lake Pontchartrain investigator until November 2005, and I have heard nothing since then.
:confused:

Please also see the attached picture of my freind Lisa & the LP Jane Doe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am not sure if my missing friend is the Unknown Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe, but because of the extreme similarly in her features, I sent in the info.

I have a website with my missing friend’s info, including pictures. See: http://techmom.homestead.com/lisa_search.html

I am concerned my freind Lisa may have met a violent end, as I last knew her to be living with her ex-step-father Robert Wilmot (aka Wilmont & Wilcox), who she may also have married, & was reported to be the father of her daughter, Angela. I have reason to beleive she may also have a son named Adam, possibly born about 1983.

History:
Lisa & I met when we were both in the 5th grade in North Platte, Neb. I was 11 & she was 13. Lisa was raised by her single mom, Helen, but because of many problems at home, she was in & out of foster care. As a result she wound up falling behind in school, and was 2 grades behind when we met. We became best freinds, doing almost everything together. We were as close as sisters. Lisa had many problems at home, and spent most of her time at our house.

When I was in the 6th grade, we had to move to Shreveport La. We kept in touch by letters. That's when we found out about Bob.

Bob was an ex-carnie worker & drifter who seduced Lisa's mother, Helen, into marriage in about 1976/1977 while Helen & Lisa were living still living in North Platte, Neb.

After they married, they followed us to Bossier City, Louisiana (kind of a twin city to Shreveport) in the late 70's. Bob had told us he had lived there previously, but I have no way to verify that. (I know he told us he was originally from Wisconsin and told us he had a son from a previous marriage.)

Lisa & I were glad to be close again, but I immediately got bad vibes from Bob. He was overweight, somewhat unkempt, and never had a steady job. He tried selling Shaklee, Fuller, and Bissel door-to-door, without much success. Helen had to try to support them on her waitresses salary.

After we moved from Louisiana in 1979, I got word that Helen found out Bob was sleeping with Lisa, she kicked him out & divorced him. Bob continued to communicate with Lisa secretly, and later convinced Lisa to run away from home with him when she was 16.

Lisa wrote me a couple of times after that, then I lost contact with her in 1983.

I heard 2nd hand from her mother (who I also have now lost contact with) that she moved to Reno, NV after she left Redding, Calf, my last confirmed address. That would have been approx 1984/1985. (My own life was in turmoil at the time, so dates & events from that time period are a bit vauge).

Lisa had a Milwaukee brace for scoliosis when she was young, and also had braces on her teeth when very young thru the Nebraska state Medicaid, so she had very straight teeth.

---------------------------------
A few things don't quite match up:

* The breast implants (she had very small breasts so it's possible she got breast enlargement after I lost touch with her in 1983, not to mention that it wouldn't surprise if Bob forced her into prostitution & maybe forced her to get breast implants to help “business”). A discussion about it possibly being reconstructive can also be found here: http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=foxamw&msg=7828.1

* The hip fracture (Lisa & her mother did had an abusive history growing up, she was in & out of foster care, not to mention what Bob might have done to her - additionally a car accident is a distinct possibility). Bob was an abusive person, & I have no doubt of his capability for severe violence. He was a very big man & could have easily have overpowered her.

* The “perfect” nose (again, nose repair could have been due to accident reconstruction, or maybe may be forced into it).

* The height seems a bit short, but my memory could be off - it has been over 25 years since I saw her last. The height could be off for a couple of reasons. First, as forensics sciences go, it is very good, but not perfect, so the height estimate could be off. In the picture with her mom (Helen) on my website (1976), she & I were about 5 ft 5 inches. Her mom was about 3-4 inches taller than her, and I fully expected her to reach about her mom's height. Secondly, I remember that her & I were always about the same height, so I would have thought she topped out at 5 ft 7 inches to 5 ft 9 inches, as I topped out at 5 ft 8 inches. Also, she had scoliosis which I believe was treated when she was very young before I met her in 1975, but due to my work with connective tissue disorders, I know it may have reoccured in puberty & may may have needed a follow-up treatment. That might have stunted her growth a bit. That is just a thought.

Last contact: 1983 (I was 18, she was 20)
Height: 5'5" to 5'7" (then)
Weight: 115 - 120 lbs (then)
Eye color: I can't remember
Hair color: Brown

Other comments:
----------------------------
I only met Bob a handfull of times, so I really know very little of him. As far as I know of Bob left the carnivals well before he met Helen, although it's possible he went back to it.

I have a fear that he may have forced her into prostitution, hence paying for the implants/ plastic surgery as hooking can be very lucrative $$$ wise. In addition, the last address I have for her is Reno, so gambling money paying for it is another possibility too.

After Bob & Helen married, they used her car, which was an early to mid 1960's white sedan like a Pontiac or Buick. I presume when they split up, she probably kept her car (assuming it was still running).

===================================================================================================
Maybe it's Lisa, maybe not. If it is, then we need to make sure her kid(s) are ok, and get her a proper burial. I would like some reassurance it is not her, or at least have the chance to give her a proper marker & find out what happened to her child(ren).

If Bob were to be the killer, I would like to see him punished, and after all these years, justice done. At the very least, he was a child molester.

Attachments

• (9) Lisa Bradley - 1978 - Age 16 - Compressed.jpg
    (9) Lisa Bradley - 1978 - Age 16 - Compressed.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 136
  • lake-ponchatrain-lg2.jpg
    lake-ponchatrain-lg2.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 218
Techiemom thank you for your post and the link to your website!

Unfortunately the photos listed as attachments (at the end) can't be accessed. - I think its a "techie" problem with Websleuths... it lets you post it, but won't allow other people to see it until a moderator releases it?

Anyway. I took a look at your website and your girlfriend really does look like Jane Doe. It also sounds like she had it rough... I understand where your concern is coming from.

Have you tried to get in tough with the investigator and they are ignoring you? Or are you awaiting an update?

Do you think its possible you could track down her mom? Perhaps she knows more now that she did the last time you were in contact?

Welcome to Websleuths!

Techiemom,
I think you have a hit. Your friend looks exactly like the Lake Ponchartrain Jane Doe. Please pursue this.

The detective said he would call back when he had an update, but that was last Nov.

I have tried to find Helen several times too, but I don't know if she is still in Grand Island, Neb or not (the last address I had for her). Helen had alot of health problems, both physical & emotional, so I'm unsure if she is still alive. Also, she could have remarried, so I would have no idea what last name she is using. If she went back to her maiden name, I am SOL as well, as I never knew what it was. (Bradley was her 1st husband's name).

For those having trouble with the links, try this....

Jane Doe
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30093&state=other&OtherID=30158

My friend Lisa
http://www.techmom.homestead.com/lisa_search.html

I still am amazed at the resemblence....

_9__Lisa_Bradley___1978___Age_16.jpg
primary-face-lg.jpg

Lisa at Age 16.....................Jane Doe Age 20-30

_10__Lisa___Angela___circa_Jan_1982.jpg

Lisa Age 19

Techiemom I hope you don't mind me posting these pics from your site. I can remove them (limited time) if you do.

I think you should call/email/mail a letter and ask for a follow up. Its possible they haven't found your friend yet....
frown.gif

That's fine. I actually tried to upload them from my PC into the text originally, but it didn't take.

I had planned to call this week, but I've been in bed with the flu & larengitis, and today is the first day I haven't felt like a walking flu bug. :p

Hopefully I can call in the next day or two.

Teckimom,
Have you tried any of the online detective agencies, you just type in a name and you get hits on where they might be. If you feel comfortable giving last names maybe someone who has access to any of these sites can help you.

Please keep on the detectives Teckiemom. Hopefully they will get to you soome. They are getting somewhat back to normal in that parish after Katrina and will hopefully take the time to listen to you soon. You friend sounds like a good match to her, although I'd rather the situation be that she got away from Bob and get her life together but he doesn't sound like a good guy to me.

You are going to hit so many roadblocks. It is not necessarily so that they don't want a crime solved it is just that they won't expend anything to see that it happens. Just remember that the US Marshall's service was the one that arrested and brought back Derrick Todd Lee. These are the things that worry me all the time. So many missing and, probably murdered. As soon as it is in the news, is as soon as it is forgotten. Bon Ton Roulette and all that. Sometimes I am on a one woman mission that no one every hears.

concernedperson said:
Bon Ton Roulette and all that.
I've never "heard" this expression before... I can guess what it means but could you clarify? Is it something that's said in the south?

PonderingThings said:
I've never "heard" this expression before... I can guess what it means but could you clarify? Is it something that's said in the south?

Let the good times roll....S. La. slang!

this girl has always baffled me. I started looking at her again tonight and wondered if she could have been missing for a loooooong time.

I found this runaway from 76 that really struck a chord with me....
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1404dfil.html

April Rose Zane

I know the possibilities get nearly endless when you start going back that far, but i had to post it.

wonder if Teckiemom has any updates on Lisa?

Actually I kind of did.

The investigator in the Lousiana case states he found my Lisa alive, but she did not want contact at that time. :confused:

I am disappointed of course, but I hope someday she will want contact. He states he will keep my info in case she changes her mind.

I still look at the picture from time to time & wonder.....

Shelly

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alberti_babette.html

This one seems possible BUT jane doe didn't have any tatoos listed in her description and if she had as many as Babette then they probably would have been listed. They just strike me a being very similar in their facial features and they are both petitie.

I don't that is her but I believe this one is a possible match for Babette Alberti. Someone mentioned this on the Doe Network guestbook a few years ago, so I don't want to take credit for this if it is indeed a match. I don't know if anyone ever loooked into it or not.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/191ufla.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member