GUILTY LA - Trooper Steven Vincent, 43, & Blake Brewer, 54, slain, Calcasieu Parish, 23 Aug 2015

If it was reversed, and the cop had shot the driver, there would have been no mystery, no sleuthing needed. And there would have been hundreds of posts and days of rioting. JMO

Thank you for always being honest, Katy. I for one, deeply appreciate it.

Heroes emerge after trooper fatally shot

http://www.katc.com/story/29869332/heroes-emerge-after-trooper-fatally-shot

I'm proud of the good Samaritans in South Louisiana that came to the Troopers aid. They were able to subdue the suspect and perhaps prevent more rampage killing. I know that I wouldn't be so brave.

Did you see the interview today with Edmonson and one of the heroes? It was so touching. Both hugged each other and you could tell they both were overwhelmed with deep felt emotions.

I cried too as I watched it. You could tell the man so wished that he could have saved Trooper Vincent's life. All that aided him their lives have changed forever now.

I cant even imagine how they will ever get that image out of their minds. I have seen autopsy photos of people who were shot in the head with a shotgun and I will never forget those images for as long as I live. A shotgun is so so destructive and a sawed off shotgun is even worse and that is why they aren't legal to have.

Like I posted earlier, more and more citizens are stepping out of their comfort zones in order to help police officers in need. It restores my faith in humanity to know there are still so many out there who do appreciate and highly value our police officers and know their lives are very precious too. So much so they are willing to put their own lives on the line to save or protect a fallen officer.

What pains me when we lose an officer their thread never seems to have that much of an interest. Maybe that tells us something about our society as a whole and the times we are living in now.

IMO

What pains me when we lose an officer their thread never seems to have that much of an interest. Maybe that tells us something about our society as a whole and the times we are living in now.

rsbm --

Cab drivers are roughly 4 times more likely to be murdered on the job than police officers -- I can't even remember the last time I saw a thread here about the murder of a cab driver, much less one that had 'much of an interest'.

source:
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2000/Apr/wk1/art03.htm

It is a sad day for Trooper Vincent, his family, fellow LE's and the hero's that came to his aid. What a senseless loss. RIP Sir.

rsbm --

Cab drivers are roughly 4 times more likely to be murdered on the job than police officers -- I can't even remember the last time I saw a thread here about the murder of a cab driver, much less one that had 'much of an interest'.

source:

Last year 64 firefighters died while on duty. I can't say for sure, but I don't think there were threads for all of them. Three died last week in Wenatchee, and again I don't see any threads. But not seeing threads or discussion doesn't lead me to assume people don't care or aren't interested.

I haven't commented on this thread, but I have kept up with the story and I do care about what happened.

RIP Trooper Vincent.

If it was reversed, and the cop had shot the driver, there would have been no mystery, no sleuthing needed. And there would have been hundreds of posts and days of rioting. JMO

Your claim is simply not supported by the facts, and seems more like an attempt to spin a narrative than anything else. Consider this thread, about the shooting of a motorist in Wichita --

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-driver-that-dragged-him-during-traffic-stop

5 replies, not hundreds. No rioting. Why? Because by all accounts there is no controversy -- the shooting appears to be justified. And so there are not two sides of a debate -- just relief from all people that the officer seems to be doing ok.

RIP Trooper Vincent

I wish this thread could stay on the topic.
While I understand the conversation, it's not about cab drivers or fire fighters. It's about a Louisiana State trooper who lost his life in a violent senseless way.

JMO and no disrespect to any posters here intended.

RIP sir. And thank you for putting your life on the line to serve and protect our great state.

rsbm --
source:

Montjoy.
Thank you for bringing to this thread some hard core, concrete info, as you so often do.
Cabbies do not have safe jobs. Ditto LEOs.

Your BLS annual data comparing homicides of cab drivers and LEOs is for 1998.
In quickly skimming some BLS pages, I do not see more current comparisons of LE and other occupations deaths.
From other BLS pages, appears most recent annual, final info is from 2013, but I missed the LE-specific figures.

Suggestions, on that site or elsewhere? Anyone? Thx in adv.

This is so sad and heartbreaking. I live in southern louisiana and everyone is just livid over this. My brother is a police officer and this just scares the heck out of me and my family. Prayers for his family. Big hugs to the heroes that took this monster down.

The suspect killed his roommate and took his truck and got stuck in a ditch and then killed the cop. Crazy indeed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ering-la-cop-connected-second-killing-n415036

The Louisiana man accused of*shooting a state trooper*to death after a traffic stop on Sunday may have also killed a second man, officials said at a Monday afternoon news conference.

The victim, who police did not identify, was found Monday morning at a home in Lake Charles, La., where the suspect, Kevin Daigle, 54, is believed to have lived.

Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso said it was unclear what the relationship between the two men was, but the victim was the registered owner of the truck that Daigle was driving when the state trooper, Steven Vincent, 43, approached Daigle on Sunday afternoon.

How horrible and senseless. RIP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

R.I.P. Donald Cleveland. My most heartfelt prayers are with his family, friends and fellow officers.

Deputies identify roommate allegedly killed by Kevin Daigle

http://www.katc.com/story/29874209/deputies-identify-roommate-allegedly-killed-by-kevin-daigle

Kevin Daigle makes first court appearance following arrest in connection with trooper's death

CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) -Kevin Daigle acknowledged to Judge Ron Ware Tuesday morning that he is likely facing the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder of a police officer.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/2987351...wing-arrest-in-connection-with-troopers-death

I suspect Kevin Daigle may have been on his way to kill someone else or more than one person, when the crash into the ditch stopped him. This is sickening. Maybe LE should have their weapon out, pointed and ready to shoot when approaching a vehicle. Sounds like overkill, but that's my opinion.

In our local paper today, it describes Officer Vincent asking Daigle what tow truck company he wanted to use. It was at that point Daigle fired two shots into the Officer's head. I understand this me much other sickening information was captured on video.

LE should have taken Daigle on the scenic route to the jail!!!

Daigle is a very common name in Louisiana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back