Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that easy. Right now its his word against hers. And then there is that sticky matter of him not reporting it right away. Unless there are emails or other hard proof she may get awaly with it.

I do not believe that LE would have reported this to him unless there was a credible threat. That would the the ultimate in pot stirring. Now we also know why she went out and hired a criminal defense attorney out of the gate.

If TH really wanted to get KH killed she seems like a ticking timebomb who perhaps would have hurt Kyron just to hurt her husband.

I want to cling on to the hope that he's alive though... Is there any chance that LE tracked down some communications between this landscaper and TH about a plan to kidnap Kyron and he's got Kyron stashed somewhere and made up this murder for hire story to cover for his involvement in abducting Kyron. It would explain why he didn't call LE about the threats.

I'm torn between being appalled and hoping this isn't true and hoping it is true because if she is innocent her life is as good as over after these newest allegations.

If this is true, and we have no real proof at the moment, I don't think it's unrelated that she would want her husband killed one minute and her step son goes missing the next. I have a feeling that Kaine is feeling terribly guilty because this kind of mental decline could not have gone unnoticed. He probably saw some signs and for whatever reason didn't do anything about it. She might be able to fool outsiders but he had to see something. Maybe that is why her son isn't there any more?

Wow. In my mind, the theories including premeditation sure bounce back to the forefront with this revelation. It also makes me think it's likelier that Terri passed Kyron off to someone else, because if she wanted him out of the picture one way or the other (to hurt Kaine or whatever), then why not profit from Kyron's disappearance as well? If she could not only hurt Kaine and remove the "burden" that Kyron placed upon her, but also come ahead somehow financially by doing so, then why not go for it all? Surely someone out there would be willing to pay for the privilege of Kyron becoming their own. (Shivers!) Simply "offing" him wouldn't offer the same advantage. Maybe to Terri, that type of scenario might be seen as a way to have her cake and eat it, too.

I now wonder if she had been planning this for months, and was just waiting for the perfect opportunity (Science Fair / talent show day). I wouldn't be surprised if, in her own mind, she was very careful to project a "perfect step-mom" image beginning around the time her son was removed from the house. That way, if/when she succeeded in making Kyron disappear, maybe she thought people would look back and think how helpful she'd been with his schoolwork, how much volunteering she'd done up at school, etc., and would think, "Poor Terri!" rather than suspect the truth. Actually, maybe everyone's (anticipated) sympathy was just another fringe benefit in her mind.

wow........this just keeps getting stranger......lifetime movie deal will be next :waitasec:

I don't think it's that easy. Right now its his word against hers. And then there is that sticky matter of him not reporting it right away. Unless there are emails or other hard proof she may get awaly with it.

Hopefully they had him take a LDT, would confirm his story for sure! Im thinking LE thinks is true, supposedly having Kaine get the H away from Terri and take baby K!! It all makes sense with the divorce and RO JMO

Link to scanner for registered guests. If you want to listen for any possible arrests. Just find the latest thread for Kyron. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=377"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't think we know what, if anything, was done to try to help Terri though, if someone noticed her issues.

A lot is now making sense. We couldn't figure out what the reason For Kaine to leave, why she hired a defense attorney. The mom plead for more info from terri,
Know if she brought him to school, someone snagged him and she helped, maybe she met him to give more money hence the island.

I would love it if Kyron was being held somewhere too, but I just don't believe that's true. She truly is a piece of work...

Here I come on before work presuming threre will be no news as usuall..but boy as I wrong!

apologies for my typos..only got back at 2.30am and its 8.30 And I'm leaving again!

Hopefully they had him take a LDT, would confirm his story for sure! Im thinking LE thinks is true, supposedly having Kaine get the H away from Terri and take baby K!! It all makes sense with the divorce and RO JMO

That's what I was thinking, too, Poppy. If they didn't have any sort of significant evidence of this plot -- just the guy's say-so -- then I believe he must've taken and passed a LDT in order for LE to consider him credible enough to tell Kaine of the plot AND to advise him to take the baby and get the heck out of the house. Chilling!

The landscaper, contacted by The Oregonian last week, confirmed that he was hired to do lawn work at the Horman home off Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. He said he's talked with detectives and could not comment further. His name is being withheld to protect his identity as a cooperating witness in an ongoing criminal investigation.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.htmlI wonder if this is the reason the The Oregonian was almost ousted from the PC the other day.The press might've been asked to sit on this story for awhile, but The O and the The WW chased it, anyway. I also have a hunch that the landscaper didn't go to police immediately because he's an illegal. Now I'm wondering about a few other things but have to mull them over a bit before I post.

ok, now. 5-7 months ago, why did terri want kaine dead?
I'm dragging, just got my coffee, I might mix up names, and times...

That's what I was thinking, too, Poppy. If they didn't have any sort of significant evidence of this plot other than the guy's say-so, then I believe he must've taken and passed a LDT in order for LE to consider him credible enough to advise Kaine of the plot AND to advise him to take the baby and get the heck out of the house. Chilling!

alot here{ Posters} were saying over and over, LE must have shared some kind of Info with Kaine last weekend for him to Up and obtain a RO and file for divorce, well this has to be the answer!! It seemed to come outta the blue, well now we know what it was JMO

No one saw this coming. If this was a plot to a movie everyone would say it was too unbelievable to be true.

Why would you hire a landscaper in the winter? She must have known him prior to 6-7 months ago.
Why would she want her husband dead?
Strange about that article about her lawn now!

Why would you hire a landscaper in the winter? She must have known him prior to 6-7 months ago.
Why would she want her husband dead?
Strange about that article about her lawn now!

my yard guy works thru the winter....just once a month instead of every 2 weeks.....however, i do live in texas not oregon :waitasec:

The usual reasons are an affair by the party attempting the murder for hire, in order to get a spouse out of the way without giving up life ins. or child custody....or, revenge for the other spouse having had an affair (again, with the same monetary/custody considerations).

Revenge?? Insurance?? Having an affair?? Or she is just plain (unusual), who knows, We may never know, Poor Kyron, where he??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500