Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner from CH news reported that SS & MM are set to testify next week. Sorry I do not have a link - was on tv.

Who wants to bet that DM now is going to use his famous, "you wouldn't just whip out your cell phone to take pics of Evidence would you?" line and then infer this pic taken with a cell phone cannot be reliable evidence...I think he has been leading up to this cross with each and every forensic photographer.....He makes me sick!!

MsSherlock, I think the reason for questions about the vehicle and missing seats , I am guessing that the body was transported in the vehicle and blood got on the seats and so they were removed. That is my guess. I hope that MS does testify so he can tell that Laura was murdered and it will be closure for the Babcock family. He was the one who admitted Tim Bosma was murdered. Tracy Rogers said the bones at first trial were human and she is saying it again. It proved to be true in the first trial and I am sure it is in this trial.

If that van was factory made wheelchair accessible with a folding ramp then it makes sense the middle seats were not in it. I have driven a van like that (same year) and there's tracking the in the floor for Q-straints. The van I drove did not have a middle row of seats, the back were regular and the front passenger seat could also be removed with tracking available for Q-straints as well.

Are those the basement stairs of a ritzy home???

Certainly would not pass safety code inspection. Wonder how many drunks and/or druggies have fallen down them. :laughing:

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Falconer doesn't think the iPad was called Mark's iPad before the backup on July 4th but it was possible. Judge understood the name was changed upon first connection. Falconer says he can't really know that.

See, even the judge thought so. This is not good. :notgood:

Well it still stands regardless that it was SL's ipad which he loaned to Babcock. Can't change the most important feature, the serial number. And whether the name change was July 4th or January 2013, it was still in the hands of MS and/or DM and linked to DM's computer. MOO.

Well it still stands regardless that it was SL's ipad which he loaned to Babcock. Can't change the most important feature, the serial number. And whether the name change was July 4th or January 2013, it was still in the hands of MS and/or DM and linked to DM's computer. MOO.

the fact it is LB's iPad connects her to DM and MS, period. How else would they get that iPad if not from her????? Who cares if it was re-named, and what date it was re-named!

I have no words today.
the picture of the burning bones did it for me. Guilty, no ifs and or buts.

How a a human being could do that to another human being, and look her parents in the eye in the courtroom- I have no words either.

Yes, I'll bet he *never* went down there. Ever. If you look closely at the picture.... it looks like the lowest step you can see in the picture is actually broken off. There is bare wood where the step is supposed to be, and it shows the step. I'm wondering if 'back in the day', the floor used to be covered with 'carpet'.. another 60s/70s thing? So they removed it at some point, and were too chintzy to do anything other than paint it. The picture tells us that it was definitely not polished. I guess basement finishing doesn't affect property values on that street?
attachment.php
Sorry if this has been said before but there is a drain in the floor as well, so I doubt there was ever carpet put down. MOO

With regards to the van, wheelchair modified, was WM known to be confined to a wheelchair? Or an I missing something.

Someone had a great metaphor yesterday about Carl Millard observing helplessly from his portrait. I've heard Japanese have a proverb along the lines "Rich grandfather, lazy father, poor son". DM sure effed it up.

He seems to be under impression that he can push a conspiracy theory onto the jury. But will he ever say who "framed" him? Cops? The minions? Experts? When did they do that? In 2005, or in 2012? And why?

Sure, he wasn't caught red handed. But the number of clues pointing at him is enormous. So far, it looks almost certain that he'll spend a long time in jail. Oh, wait. It IS certain.

Who wants to bet that DM now is going to use his famous, "you wouldn't just whip out your cell phone to take pics of Evidence would you?" line and then infer this pic taken with a cell phone cannot be reliable evidence...I think he has been leading up to this cross with each and every forensic photographer.....He makes me sick!!

I may have this completely wrong but I have this sense that there were questions about photographs taken of the trailer parked in Kleinburg. I have a recollection of an officer or officers aggressively opening the vehicle ahead of any kind of police photographic support being on scene. I believe they took photos with cell phones as an 'official' photographer was not there. I believe they thought that Tim Bosma might be inside the van so initially it was a "rescue" operation. I can't recall if the validity of these photos was challenged during the TB trail. And, of course, there's a chance my recall of this aspect of that investigation is somewhat invalid. Anyone else remember this?:thinking:

Since I've never owned an iPad, and the texts were rather confusing with respect to the testimony surrounding the backup files found on DM's computer, I felt the need to do a little research... Based on what I've read on the Apple Support website, it seems to me that SL's iPad was most likely renamed "Mark's iPad" on the device itself PRIOR to it's first backup to the computer on July 4. (I assume immediately before.) For the first backup of the device to a new computer, the serial number would not be recognized, so I believe you'd be forced to go through the steps of setting it up to back up to THAT computer. Apple support indicates that you should not edit, move, rename, etc. the backup files, because those actions could ruin the files. From what I understand (though it's still a bit unclear to me), I would think that if the device itself hadn't been renamed prior to this first backup, there would be a separate backup file on the computer's hard drive with the original device name, and then a new file altogether with the new device name if it were renamed subsequent to the next backup. Any Apple experts here to help confirm or correct this? https://support.apple.com/en-ca/ht204215

I got my answer today as to why they introduced pics of the incinerator after it was taken to OPP headquarters. They are stepping lightly in this trial. Dr Rogers did not admit to even being at the farm. She did not testify to anything found in the incinerator. All she testified to was the picture.

She could not say with certainty that they were human bones in the picture. DM will jump on this and tell ask her if they could be animal. She will say she doesn't think so but she can't say for sure.

End of cross.

So much has to be kept from this jury because of the TB case. And it appears that nothing found at that time didn't match TB and matched Laura. Considering the Eliminator was stored indoors they were lucky. Although it appears that LB was wrapped up well.

:(

MOO
Does this mean those pictures they took were "heaven sent" like his tattoo(s)?

I may have this completely wrong but I have this sense that there were questions about photographs taken of the trailer parked in Kleinburg. I have a recollection of an officer or officers aggressively opening the vehicle ahead of any kind of police photographic support being on scene. I believe they took photos with cell phones as an 'official' photographer was not there. I believe they thought that Tim Bosma might be inside the van so initially it was a "rescue" operation. I can't recall if the validity of these photos was challenged during the TB trail. And, of course, there's a chance my recall of this aspect of that investigation is somewhat invalid. Anyone else remember this?:thinking:

They did not open the truck but they did cut locks off of the trailer to check to see if Bosma was inside.

They did not take pictures at that time - they took the trailer to a processing centre and did it there. Professionally.

Of course the back doors were unsecured and a box fell out on the highway and a cop drove over it on the way to the police centre, but that's about it for controversies.

What was the point of the testimony r.e. the blue-green van with the ramp for the wheelchair?

What was the point of the testimony r.e. the blue-green van with the ramp for the wheelchair?

Must be continuity of evidence and linking it to the household. Forensics should follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann