Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the blue tarp from the court pic's- note it appears to be a van door opened on the right of the pic
attachment.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/laura-babcock-trial-thursday-1.4394149

Well done on this one! I couldn't understand why they had all those pics of the inside of the van doors (what kind of evidence is the door of the van?) and now it makes sense!! They likely enhanced that pic and matched that white sticker up to the green van!

the fact it is LB's iPad connects her to DM and MS, period. How else would they get that iPad if not from her????? Who cares if it was re-named, and what date it was re-named!

There is an agreed statement of facts that the IPad was the one LB got from SL. That is not in question at this trial.

What IS in question is how involved MS was in the murder of LB. Where he was at the time of her death. How much planning he was involved with with regards to her alleged murder and whether he was actually there at the house at the time of her alleged murder and either participated in it or the direct aftermath of it.

It was his attorney today who got the witness to admit that they have no idea when the IPad was named "Mark's IPad". In the opening statement and in the original testimony, it appeared that the Crown was insinuating that it was changed to that name at the time of the first connection to DM's computer around 10am on July 4th. Even the judge thought that was the testimony. Dungey managed to get the witness to say that they had no idea when the IPad was renamed. Which looks bad on the Crown if they were insinuating that it was at a specific time. So if that was supposed to be circumstantial evidence against MS, placing him in the Maplegate house that is one piece that is suspicious and that Dungey has raised doubt on for his client.

Now how he's going to raise doubt about his client's cell phone pings at the house at the same time as LB's phone was there, I'm not sure. Although we still are not clear as to whether he and MM were living at the house at that time and where the pings from his phone were when he was texting DM on the 3rd and 4th of July. That's probably already been established but I don't think we got very good information from the tweets on the days that the phone reps were testifying.

MOO

This is correct! If I go into the settings on my iPhone, click on general, and then about, the first option is name. If that's clicked on you can change the device name.

But, I guess the real question is... If you change the 'name' on your iPhone and then plug it in to your computer to sync/backup, does a new backup file get created and the original one remain the same, or does it overwrite the existing backup file with the new name?

MsSherlock, I think the reason for questions about the vehicle and missing seats , I am guessing that the body was transported in the vehicle and blood got on the seats and so they were removed. That is my guess. I hope that MS does testify so he can tell that Laura was murdered and it will be closure for the Babcock family. He was the one who admitted Tim Bosma was murdered. Tracy Rogers said the bones at first trial were human and she is saying it again. It proved to be true in the first trial and I am sure it is in this trial.

Given the reference to an accessibility ramp in the van I think the middle row absence is accounted for by non nefarious reasons.

Laura Babcock murder trial: Expert says photo appears to show human bones burning

Burning objects seen in photo taken of the inside an incinerator belonging to accused killer Dellen Millard look like human bones, according to an expert in bones and burned remains who testified today at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto.

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Tracy Rogers started her testimony Friday afternoon, saying she had examined two photos that were shot on July 23 at 11:20 p.m., which were found on electronic devices that were seized from Millard's home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-day-14-1.4396243

So they actually took TWO photos of the inside of the Eliminator that night. :notgood:

Brilliant!!!
And to make this more sickening- I'm pretty sure that this is the door in this pic that's facing the road. It's part of the barn with a stone foundation and the only brown steel door on that side. They labeled the door "main barn" when they were doing their search. They heaped a lot of straw out of that area as well. There is a low cinder block wall kind of shielding that area, and I guess the van was parked between the road and the barn, but broad daylight? And then to take a pic of his handiwork?This is so disgustingly shocking. Poor Pedo-he looks so scared BarnFrontDoor.jpg

If DM and MS are scheduled to testify next week, then that means the Crown will close its case, and the defence will present their case.. after which closing arguments will take place.. trial could be over by end of next week??
DM and MS?
It's MM and SS next week Lisa Hefner said

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Ha! Booster Juice is how CN had her DNA traced back to the gloves she had on while helping DM with the incinerator.
Oh ya!! She threw her cup in the garbage at school. And we come full circle....

I see a 12-foot 1" x 12"

definitely not 2" thick anyway.

1x12 is not commonly available. Compare to cop's hand and height. He must be close to 6'. I understand it's a bit of Rorschach test, but .... The blobs appear to have a human body proportions.

What was the point of the testimony r.e. the blue-green van with the ramp for the wheelchair?

My speculation is is that WM had a wheel chair accessible van for his elderly father Carl. Carl died in 2006. The van was a 2005. Didn't CM live with WM and DM for a stint? MOO.

We're starting with May 21 and 22, 2013. He was involved in the examination of a vehicle -- a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, a greeny-blue.

Laura Babcock murder trial: Expert says photo appears to show human bones burning

Burning objects seen in photo taken of the inside an incinerator belonging to accused killer Dellen Millard look like human bones, according to an expert in bones and burned remains who testified today at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto.

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Tracy Rogers started her testimony Friday afternoon, saying she had examined two photos that were shot on July 23 at 11:20 p.m., which were found on electronic devices that were seized from Millard's home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-day-14-1.4396243

So they actually took TWO photos of the inside of the Eliminator that night. :notgood:

The two pictures in court today may be what they mean - they consisted of an original and a copy on which the shadowed areas were brightened digitally. So those two pictures were actually one picture.

You need an Apple ID to log in to iTunes. iTunes is where you do all your back up. The older back up will not show in DM's computer as Falconer said it was first hooked up to DM's pc on July 4, 2012. The older back up could be in SL or LB's pc if they ever did a back up of the iPad.
My guess...
On July 4:
SL/LB iPad was reset/wiped to factory settings on the device. If I remember correctly, iPads of that generation needed to be hooked up to a PC to be setup fresh, so after the wipe, it may have been setup using DM's iTunes account, and while during the setup, the device was named as "Mark's iPad" (as part of setup process), and the initial backup was done also during that setup, under that device name. I also believe if it was re-named "Say10's iPad" or something else for example later, that original backup name would remain the same, otherwise the date created and date modified would be different from each other and flagged.
I've moved to Android so can't test this theory, but to the best of my recollection and knowledge, that would explain the backup name, backup date, the need for DM's account info by MS and even the message from MS to DM, "you gave it to me".
MOO, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

My speculation is is that WM had a wheel chair accessible van for his elderly father Carl. Carl died in 2006. The van was a 2005. Didn't CM live with WM and DM for a stint? MOO.

We're starting with May 21 and 22, 2013. He was involved in the examination of a vehicle -- a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan, a greeny-blue.

ABro wrote on Facebook that WM had a bad back - so then it was WM's stuff.

My guess...
On July 4:
SL/LB iPad was reset/wiped to factory settings on the device. If I remember correctly, iPads of that generation needed to be hooked up to a PC to be setup fresh, so after the wipe, it may have been setup using DM's iTunes account, and while during the setup, the device was named as "Mark's iPad" (as part of setup process), and the initial backup was done also during that setup, under that device name. I also believe if it was re-named "Say10's iPad" or something else for example later, that original backup name would remain the same, otherwise the date created and date modified would be different from each other and flagged.
I've moved to Android so can't test this theory, but to the best of my recollection and knowledge, that would explain the backup name, backup date, the need for DM's account info by MS and even the message from MS to DM, "you gave it to me".
MOO, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

But didn't they say there were a few files from before July 4, 2012 in the back up file? Presumably these are from SL or others who used the ipad at his work, but determined not to be relevant to the case. If you wipe the ipad back to factory settings, doesn't it erase the existing user files?

I'm not an apple person, but had to help my mom when she somehow locked herself out of hers. I think I remember the apple help person suggesting we could put it back to the original settings, if she didn't mind losing any photos or other things she might have on it. Does anyone know if this is true?

MOO

And to make this more sickening- I'm pretty sure that this is the door in this pic that's facing the road. It's part of the barn with a stone foundation and the only brown steel door on that side. They labeled the door "main barn" when they were doing their search. They heaped a lot of straw out of that area as well. There is a low cinder block wall kind of shielding that area, and I guess the van was parked between the road and the barn, but broad daylight? And then to take a pic of his handiwork?This is so disgustingly shocking. Poor Pedo-he looks so scared View attachment 126201
Yep I'd say that was the same place. You can see it in the tarp pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members