Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.07.17 - Charge to the Jury - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combining the cell ping data with other evidence from July 3 evening:

• DM picks up LB from Kipling Station around 6:30-6:40pm.
  • They arrive back at Maple Gate around 7pm.
  • LB's phone checks voicemail at 7:03pm. The phone is never used again.
  • At 7:08pm, DM takes a call from (416) 358-2110 that lasts a bit over 6 minutes.
  • Shortly after that call, DM leaves Maple Gate and drives north on the 427 highway.
  • At 7:31pm, DM's and LB's phones ping near 407/427 junction, which is near the Claireville Conservation area where CN was working at a kid's camp. We don't know if CN was actually there at that time, but it's peculiar that DM (and possibly LB, too) went to that general area. Also peculiar that the Crown presented some evidence about CN working there.
  • DM gets back home around 8:20pm.
  • After 8:23pm, no activity is logged on DM's or MS's phones until 12:42am. I'm guessing after DM got home he brought MS into the "Laura situation".
  • CN messages DM, "I'll see you Friday, have fun doing big things ;)." We have no context for this message. Did she know something was up that night? Is she the one who called and spoke to DM for 6 minutes around 7:08pm? Did DM take LB to see her around 7:30pm?

According to records on file from TB case, that phone number (416-358-2110) belongs to AM

Boris is somebody who came up in this trial for the first time. He was a friend and/or lover of Christina, and the cause of a fight between DM and her in early June of 2012. It was revealed through texts from DM to her that DM had accused her of texting Boris to initiate sex. As a result he told her he wasn’t caling her his gf any more, but the tiff was short lived. You can see the texts in Billandrew’s timeline. And that’s all we know about Boris! :)
Yes DM also said SHE texted Boris but DM didn't text LB, LB texted HIM.

According to records on file from TB case, that phone number (416-358-2110) belongs to AM

AM was in Winnipeg at this point in time right? AM called DM minutes after he arrived at Maple Gate and coincidentally shortly before DM murders Laura. Hmmmm....that's quite the coincidence. I'm not sure what to think of that.

ETA: I don't recall the Crown asking AM about that phone conversation. Why wouldn't they ask?

With regard to the plate covers, I remember that as an observation made here from photos of the Yukon. I might be misremembering though! :)

Backing plates are a part of the brake system.

DM had a license plate cover thing on the Yukon. There was a switch in the dash that flipped the cover to black out the plate.

Yes, the Good Samaritan muder, as well as the muder of that poor young woman in Toronto near Church and Wellesley last week are likely going to be 2 big cases, assuming they catch that woman’s killer. For sure I wish these terrible murders never happened but I find it so interesting to hear the stories of the people involved and learn about how the law works. It certainly is educational. I’m glad that I found WS.
Another case that I want to know what happens is the woman in Toronto who randomly stabbed another woman in a drug store and killed her. They now are saying she is unfit to stand trial. She will get treatment at CAMH and then stand trial.
If she is declared NCR she will go to psychiatric prison.

Thank you, I knew it looked familiar :) was just too tired to search more last night. That makes it more strange! But we can put that to rest now that it’s NOT CNs old number from stolen phone!

But then again, didn’t DM have possession of AMs phone? The one LB used as an IPod? This case like TB case is just so full of oddities and questions! You think you have an answer then a new question arises!

So many unanswered questions... why can't they just confess? No one truly believes they are innocent!

Hi Grey-St ... thank you so much for answering my query about the “Laura situation” last night. You are always so helpful.

I am wondering if you can point me to any info about this “Boris”? I have followed these cases for years now, especially on WebSleuths, and read Ann Bro’s book and everything else I could find, but don’t ever remember hearing about Boris before. Could, however, just be a “senior moment”, lol.

Once again, thank you. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JuneBug67 beat me to it! I hope their explanation was useful to you.

From billandrews timeline:

Millard texts Noudga: "Laura texted me. I did not text Laura. Boris did not text you. You texted Boris. And asked him over for sex."
Noudga texts Millard: "I did not ask him that."
Millard texts Noudga: "yea you did. read your own history."
Millard texts Noudga: "look I'm not calling you my gf anymore. go find the right person(s) to make you feel wanted. I'll do the same.

If you need any more clarification, let me know! It's never a problem. That's all we really know of good ol' Boris! :)

AM was in Winnipeg at this point in time right? AM called DM minutes after he arrived at Maple Gate and coincidentally shortly before DM murders Laura. Hmmmm....that's quite the coincidence. I'm not sure what to think of that.

ETA: I don't recall the Crown asking AM about that phone conversation. Why wouldn't they ask?
Quite suspicious. It really could just be a coincidence, but I can't help but wonder as well.

Oh to know what was said during these phone calls... *sigh*

Thank you, I knew it looked familiar :) was just too tired to search more last night. That makes it more strange! But we can put that to rest now that it’s NOT CNs old number from stolen phone!

But then again, didn’t DM have possession of AMs phone? The one LB used as an IPod? This case like TB case is just so full of oddities and questions! You think you have an answer then a new question arises!
I'm sure AM got his phone back by July 3rd.

Another case that I want to know what happens is the woman in Toronto who randomly stabbed another woman in a drug store and killed her. They now are saying she is unfit to stand trial. She will get treatment at CAMH and then stand trial.
If she is declared NCR she will go to psychiatric prison.

I don't think that I am splitting hairs by saying that there is no such thing as a psychiatric prison in Canada. There are however secure psychiatric hospitals.

The distinction is important because prisons are for people who are convicted of serious criminal offences while hospitals are for people who are sick and need treatment.

People that are determined to be Not Criminally Responsible are patients, not prisoners.

Combining the cell ping data with other evidence from July 3 evening:

• DM picks up LB from Kipling Station around 6:30-6:40pm.
  • They arrive back at Maple Gate around 7pm.
  • LB's phone checks voicemail at 7:03pm. The phone is never used again.
  • At 7:08pm, DM takes a call from (416) 358-2110 that lasts a bit over 6 minutes.
  • Shortly after that call, DM leaves Maple Gate and drives north on the 427 highway.
  • At 7:31pm, DM's and LB's phones ping near 407/427 junction, which is near the Claireville Conservation area where CN was working at a kid's camp. We don't know if CN was actually there at that time, but it's peculiar that DM (and possibly LB, too) went to that general area. Also peculiar that the Crown presented some evidence about CN working there.
  • DM gets back home around 8:20pm.
  • After 8:23pm, no activity is logged on DM's or MS's phones until 12:42am. I'm guessing after DM got home he brought MS into the "Laura situation".
  • CN messages DM, "I'll see you Friday, have fun doing big things ;)." We have no context for this message. Did she know something was up that night? Is she the one who called and spoke to DM for 6 minutes around 7:08pm? Did DM take LB to see her around 7:30pm?

He'd just committed his first murder. I think he just went for a highway drive to get his head together and start planning his cleanup. When I was a kid I used to go for "loops" on the highways when I needed to think, but that was back before GTA traffic got so bad lol.

He'd just committed his first murder. I think he just went for a highway drive to get his head together and start planning his cleanup. When I was a kid I used to go for "loops" on the highways when I needed to think, but that was back before GTA traffic got so bad lol.

This makes a lot of sense to me as to a possibility. I used to do the same thing in my younger years

Had to go back and look! It was December so you’re probably correct :)

Hey CJPRINCESS, I just wanted to apologize for misreading your post yesterday morning. The thread got closed down before I had the chance to respond back

Did DM take LB body and her phone then go show it to CN (near her work) and maybe had "intimite" time with CN ("turned on" by the murder) somewhere away from his vehicle while LB body and phone remained in vehicle ...and that's why the 2 different ping locations ?

I think you may really be onto something. This was possibly DM's first murder, so he wanted to brag, and he had promised CN to make LB leave after he hurt her. I hope he did not let CN hurt her first at the camp, but IMO it is more likely that he killed LB very quickly after she entered MapleGate, and likely on the mattress that had to be replaced. LE thought he killed TB very soon after starting the test drive. Perhaps he could not wait to kill once he had the victim in the " killing zone" because he enjoyed killing, and also because he did not want the victim to pick up on any signals, and have a chance to fight back, or flee. DM and CN are both so depraved and sick, that I think maybe he just could not resist taking the body up there wrapped in a tarp, to show her, and it likely would excite her sexually. It is also a good call that he gave her some of LB's drugs, and maybe some money too. I wonder if she had any other trophies, such as a piece of jewelry, but was smart enough to get rid of them, or at least hide them someplace outside of her house ? That would explain her text to DM about " doing big things " later that evening. She was likely talking about the big eliminator, and the fact that her boyfriend would be doing something very big and important in the criminal world -- disposing of a body, and supposedly committing the perfect murder. I think she knew all about the plans for a criminal empire, murder for hire, and body disposal, and that she was cheering him on. If encouraging someone to commit murder, and knowing something about the plans ahead of time, is grounds for M1, I do not know why she is not on trial too. Like Homolka, she seems to have gotten away with the murder of a beautiful, young rival. Perhaps LE is not finished with her yet, and more information will surface that will incriminate her enough to be charged. What if DM or MS decide to talk in order to just have some sort of deal to give them better prison conditions, or just to enjoy some more fame, after they are both incarcerated for 2 murder one convictions, and know they will never leave maximum security ?

Justice is swiftly approaching Laura, rest in peace. IMO

Hey CJPRINCESS, I just wanted to apologize for misreading your post yesterday morning. The thread got closed down before I had the chance to respond back

That’s ok, we all do it ;) sometimes my eyes get tired from reading little text and I misread posts then realized after I responded lol

At least yours wasn’t a nasty reply and answered nicely :)

How poetic would it be if the jury foreman announces they find both defendants guilty as charged, and then he/she puts hands together in that sleeping motion that Smich did at the end of his rap? "Enjoy your next 50 years sleeping on a metal bunk fellas"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500