Law Enforcement Searches/AJ's Remains Located

I've always been convinced it was Wes that sent the text to Jen. With AJ's phone.

Me too. Because no daughter would text that to moms.

It sounded like a fake suicide note of a girl that yesterday was a athlete watching Rhonda Roussy fights. But today a strung out addict that cant cope and at her wits end. Jmo.

So agree.

But can LE put Wes at the location of where that phone pinged from during the time of that text?

I think of AJ and this case almost daily. Next weekend, Longwood graduates. It wouldn't be long before AJ would be walking across that stage. She should be.

Yes, I believe WH murdered AJ, always have, probably always will. I'm on the fence about who else was/wasn't involved or knew about it, but I'm absolutely convinced he is responsible. AND that he sent those BS "heroin addict" texts to Jen, and planted oodles of evidence. What I am not convinced of is that he'll be convicted of homicide. But every fiber in me hopes and prays that he will be!

We have not given up on justice for you, ANGEL!

My theory : He kills her, because she's going to tell, probably in the van, knocks her out, no blood, then takes her to abandoned house and uses some kind of blunt force , maybe after doing other things to her, and then injects her with heroin to make it look like she was doing heroin with someone else and makes her look to be a heroin addict. None the less he did it all. She trusted him and he knew it, he lured her with that 200$ that he never gave her anyways. And there's one more person involved in some way, but , I'll get a time out. It is not Z.

Could homicidal violence be the manner of death not the cause? Maybe they changed the manner after further or pending investigation since it was previously undetermined. Sometimes news stations get things wrong and manner and COD I'm sure it would be easy to do.

Here's an interesting ready that specifically mentions cause of death could be tricky when it comes to heroin because a person's death from a drug can still be considered multiple ways.
http://ocwriters.network/2017/03/10/cause-manner-death/
BBM

I do think that homicidal violence would be the manner of death, not the cause. To quote from the linked article...

"At autopsy the coroner would see a dead guy with a boat-load of heroin in his system and conclude that the cause of death was a heroin overdose. But, that’s all he could say. The manner of death would depend on who gave him the heroin and for what purpose. That’s where police investigation comes in. The results of this investigation will then guide the coroner in his determination of the manner of death."

The article goes on to say that if the dead guy's dealer deliberately sold him stronger heroin so he would die, the manner of death would be homicide.

Homicidal violence is violence with the intent to commit homicide. So...if acute heroin poisoning was the cause of death, then LE is saying that WH injected her with heroin in order to kill her? Is that what everyone else is concluding from what they've read, or am I drunk too?

My thinking is that if WH gave AJ heroin with the intent to kill her, the manner of death would be homicide. IMO that would be a violent act in itself...therefore, violent homicide. Forcing a drug into her body would be just as violent as rape, even if there were no discernible injuries.

If LE observed that her wrists and ankles were bound with duct tape to immobilize AJ (we don't know that they were) it would be obvious to LE that it was homicide and not suicide...OT--unless, of course, LE is the San Diego County Sheriff investigating Rebecca Zahau's death. Then all bets are off.
JMO

Every time I hear "word salad" now, I think of this piece of junk.

Me too and furthermore I don't think I've ever heard phrases like "The last time she saw me" vs The last time I saw her, "She met me" vs I met her, "She departed my presence" vs She left. I just know it's somehow significant even if it isn't courtroom fodder.

It's interesting to now learn more about the case. As far back as 2015 we heard about the duct tape but it was reported as being found in Wes' hotel room, not his van and no mention of the other items or dirt residue. And we also knew about the truck GPS hitting at the house but not about the time and that it pointed out the exact location.

I'm not sure why LE chose to do that but then I'm not a lawyer. And why release the cod as heroin overdose but leave out the homicidal violence part?

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-hadsell-charged-with-possession-of-heroin/
http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/

Anyway, I'm curious about this:

He told police that during this span, he received an alert from a phone app tied to the security system for the Millard Street house. The app notified him the front door had been opened and closed between 1:40 and 2 p.m. It was opened and closed again a few minutes later when his other stepdaughter came home and found no one else inside.

“Hadsell appears to have tried to establish the alibi that he was back at work, and had last seen Anjelica Hadsell prior to the time of her abduction and murder,” Hathaway said.

Police tried to verify Hadsell’s account by getting a search warrant for the house’s security system records, but court records don’t say whether they were able to do so.

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...cle_74469250-1073-554a-ad44-137709e7c935.html

My bolding. Surely LE was able to get a SW for those records so I don't know why no mention was made. But beyond that wouldn't the same app show openings and closings from the morning too? And couldn't Jen just give permission to LE to review the logs? I dunno. It seems like it would help establish some sort of timeline.

What a frustrating case! At least he's in jail and won't be going anywhere soon... :jail:

I'd like to add, it would be interesting to know how many needle tracks were found on AJs body, . There is NO WAY AJ was a heroin addict.You cannot do heroin but a few times before you are found out. It would be great if we could hear from her college friends, at that point , they knew her best. That is of course besides the monsters she lived with. This heroin thing has NEVER made sense to me. I think we may be getting closer to an arrest for the murder of AJ, at least I can hope that's what this is all about. Love you AJ and so does Z.

BBM

I do think that homicidal violence would be the manner of death, not the cause. To quote from the linked article...

"At autopsy the coroner would see a dead guy with a boat-load of heroin in his system and conclude that the cause of death was a heroin overdose. But, that’s all he could say. The manner of death would depend on who gave him the heroin and for what purpose. That’s where police investigation comes in. The results of this investigation will then guide the coroner in his determination of the manner of death."

The article goes on to say that if the dead guy's dealer deliberately sold him stronger heroin so he would die, the manner of death would be homicide.

My thinking is that if WH gave AJ heroin with the intent to kill her, the manner of death would be homicide. IMO that would be a violent act in itself...therefore, violent homicide. Forcing a drug into her body would be just as violent as rape, even if there were no discernible injuries.

If LE observed that her wrists and ankles were bound with duct tape to immobilize AJ (we don't know that they were) it would be obvious to LE that it was homicide and not suicide...OT--unless, of course, LE is the San Diego County Sheriff investigating Rebecca Zahau's death. Then all bets are off.
JMO

But it's important to remember when it was determined "homidical violence" - no one even knew yet, she had a fatal dose of heroin in her system.

But it's important to remember when it was determined "homidical violence" - no one even knew yet, she had a fatal dose of heroin in her system.

Oops. I guess I was thinking the "homicidal violence" was determined afterward, since we didn't hear about it before the heroin COD was announced...or did we? I'm lost.

Oops. I guess I was thinking the "homicidal violence" was determined afterward, since we didn't hear about it before the heroin COD was announced...or did we? I'm lost.

The way the article reads, that's the way it looks

[QUOTEThe body was identified as AJ Hadsell’s the next day, and Medical Examiner Wendy Gunther determined she died from “homicidal violence,” according to court documents. Publicly, Gunther said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as “undetermined.”[/QUOTE] http://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...cle_74469250-1073-554a-ad44-137709e7c935.html

If memory serves, it took quite a while for the tox results to be released publicly. If simply examining AJ's body lead the ME to determine homicidal violence before the tox results were back, then there had to be other potentially fatal wounds on this poor girl.

[QUOTEThe body was identified as AJ Hadsell’s the next day, and Medical Examiner Wendy Gunther determined she died from “homicidal violence,” according to court documents. Publicly, Gunther said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as “undetermined.”
http://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...cle_74469250-1073-554a-ad44-137709e7c935.html

If memory serves, it took quite a while for the tox results to be released publicly. If simply examining AJ's body lead the ME to determine homicidal violence before the tox results were back, then there had to be other potentially fatal wounds on this poor girl.[/QUOTE]

Or...if she were found with duct tape over her mouth or her wrists. No reason to find something like that in a case of accidental heroin overdose.

[QUOTEThe body was identified as AJ Hadsell’s the next day, and Medical Examiner Wendy Gunther determined she died from “homicidal violence,” according to court documents. Publicly, Gunther said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as “undetermined.”http://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/gps-from-wesley-hadsell-s-van-led-norfolk-police-right/article_74469250-1073-554a-ad44-137709e7c935.html[/url]

If memory serves, it took quite a while for the tox results to be released publicly. If simply examining AJ's body lead the ME to determine homicidal violence before the tox results were back, then there had to be other potentially fatal wounds on this poor girl.

Or...if she were found with duct tape over her mouth or her wrists. No reason to find something like that in a case of accidental heroin overdose.

Wouldn't the fact that she was found at least partially buried, at an abandoned house that she couldn't have walked to, and couldn't have buried herself, enough to state homocide? Violent...I guess if there were broken bones, or missing bones *though an animal could have caused that*, or if wrapped in the tarp, or bound with duct tape...

Whether AJ used heroine EVER...I don't think matters. Who gave her this fatal dose of heroine? Who supplied the heroine? Who was with her? The only one we know of 'salad master'.... though there could have been others partying with her.

I just believe 'salad master' decided to rape AJ... knew he had screwed up at that point, and killed AJ. Whether he had given her the heroine before or after the rape....I don't know. But IMO, I strongly feel he killed her.

It never, ever made sense for her body to be there! Then when we knew his GPS from the van he claimed NO ONE else drove....well... he put her body there. The only reason for that would be because he did NOT want her found. If it was partying and she accidentally died, I feel even if someone was scared, they would have left her body to be found if they really loved or cared about her. Hiding her body was to hide evidence, IMO and to inflict as much pain to the ones that loved AJ as possible.

ALL JMO!

The body was identified as AJ Hadsell’s the next day, and Medical Examiner Wendy Gunther determined she died from “homicidal violence,” according to court documents. Publicly, Gunther said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as “undetermined.”

I disagree with that reading. It doesn't say at all when the ME made the determination, only that the determination of "homicidal violence" was made and publicly said that it was "acute heroin poisoning". It seems to be saying that publicly the heroin poisoning was released, but the homicidal violence was kept back.

The only thing tied to a time period is the identification that the body was AJ, the day after finding her.

(O/T, I saw a Forensic Files I think it was where a couple killed a girl, then tried to stage the scene as a heroine overdose by putting a needle in her hand, etc...their attempt was poor as the autopsy and crime scene clearly determined otherwise.)

I'd like to add, it would be interesting to know how many needle tracks were found on AJs body, . There is NO WAY AJ was a heroin addict.You cannot do heroin but a few times before you are found out. It would be great if we could hear from her college friends, at that point , they knew her best. That is of course besides the monsters she lived with. This heroin thing has NEVER made sense to me. I think we may be getting closer to an arrest for the murder of AJ, at least I can hope that's what this is all about. Love you AJ and so does Z.

I don't believe there was enough of her left to determine that :/

I disagree with that reading. It doesn't say at all when the ME made the determination, only that the determination of "homicidal violence" was made and publicly said that it was "acute heroin poisoning". It seems to be saying that publicly the heroin poisoning was released, but the homicidal violence was kept back.

The only thing tied to a time period is the identification that the body was AJ, the day after finding her.

I agree with the "publicly" word. That's the key to me. Here's a link to an old article which states the COD and MOD is undetermined. Could the medical examiner have changed the cause of death later and it just wasn't publicly known?

Finally got the time to catch up here after this new info was released. Cannot believe it's been over 2 years since this horror. :candle:
I am in the camp that thinks Wesley killed her (intentionally, accidentally, sexually motivated? No idea there) and THEN put heroin into her system to try to make it seem like an OD. He probably was on drugs himself and extremely panicked, hence holding her body to try to determine what to do/how to further fake an OD, when he decided best bet was to try to hide her body after all. I have felt he was responsible since very early on. I think the only reason he has not been charged is because he is incarcerated and they have to bring trial within a reasonable time of charging him, they are milking the timeline his other trials provide them to get the best case against him possible for AJ's murder.

I do wonder why this new info is being released now...are we close to an arrest? Very interested in seeing the court documents. If there is a cost involved to anyone who retrieves the records, please let us contribute.

::
Finally got the time to catch up here after this new info was released. Cannot believe it's been over 2 years since this horror. :candle:
I am in the camp that thinks Wesley killed her (intentionally, accidentally, sexually motivated? No idea there) and THEN put heroin into her system to try to make it seem like an OD. He probably was on drugs himself and extremely panicked, hence holding her body to try to determine what to do/how to further fake an OD, when he decided best bet was to try to hide her body after all. I have felt he was responsible since very early on. I think the only reason he has not been charged is because he is incarcerated and they have to bring trial within a reasonable time of charging him, they are milking the timeline his other trials provide them to get the best case against him possible for AJ's murder.

I do wonder why this new info is being released now...are we close to an arrest? Very interested in seeing the court documents. If there is a cost involved to anyone who retrieves the records, please let us contribute.

:goodpost: & ITA, especially with the bits I bolded. I'm convinced, and have been since Wes was arrested, that the detectives involved since the beginning *know* who the killer(s) is/are.

This was one of the cases I (and many of you here) spent sleepless nights over. I'd willingly contribute to any cost to obtain & see those court documents.

::

:goodpost: & ITA, especially with the bits I bolded. I'm convinced, and have been since Wes was arrested, that the detectives involved since the beginning *know* who the killer(s) is/are.

This was one of the cases I (and many of you here) spent sleepless nights over. I'd willingly contribute to any cost to obtain & see those court documents.

When many documents were released several times in the Teresa Sievers case in FL, Tricia set up a PayPal account so members could contribute. Perhaps she would be willing to do that with this case if someone asks. A local member went in person to the courthouse to obtain the documents and scan them. Mods spent long hours redacting certain personal info and posting them so we could access them.

I think they're waiting to charge Wes until they have a a conviction for the kidnapping and rape. I think that will help them secure a death penalty case. I'm sure the cops suspected him from day 1, but they may need more evidence about co-defendants. I too think the word "publicly" is a huge clue. LE has no obligation to tell the truth in a homicide investigation, and I think they obscured the real COD for reasons known only to them, for now anyway. To gauge reactions or to make someone let their guard down are possibilities. I tend to believe what the coroner stated in court documents about how AJ died rather than what was told to the media. I wish she had od'ed rather than been brutally murdered, but the word "violent" wouldn't have been used if there weren't sufficient trauma. I never believed AJ was even curious about heroin-after reading her tweets, she appeared to be the most mature and responsible person in her household. If there was heroin in her system, it was most likely used to subdue her. I'm so glad to see movement in this case. This one really grabbed my heart and I had become afraid there wouldn't be justice for AJ.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back