Lawyer Of The Day: Mr. Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB is clueless, but he tries to hide it when he questions the SA's expert witnesses. He also lacks the ability needed to defend himself, and will be blaming others when he loses this case. Fortunately he sure isn't shy of cameras and the opportunity to perform his puffed peacock strut. Hope this is the end of his career.

Just a thought I'd like to put out there. Every defendant has the right to a rigorous defense. Putting ethics aside - and of course JB's lack of experience and general unprofessionalism - might he be performing so poorly because he knows ICA murdered Caylee and therefore deserves the punishment? Easier just to muddle along and let justice take its course without too much effort.

What do ya'll think?

Just a thought I'd like to put out there. Every defendant has the right to a rigorous defense. Putting ethics aside - and of course JB's lack of experience and general unprofessionalism - might he be performing so poorly because he knows ICA murdered Caylee and therefore deserves the punishment? Easier just to muddle along and let justice take its course without too much effort.

What do ya'll think?

I don't think so. He wouldn't be much of a defense lawyer (or have many clients) if his purpose was to help the prosecution get justice.

I like to think Caylee sent him to KC, not for his disrespectful short-term performance but for the likely result.

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while!

Too bad ABC didn't include information from their article (linked in this article) in their 20/20 Andrea Lyon pep rally for JB this week!

A classic...Baez’s barely-functioning website...LOL!

If only they had noticed and/or commented on his homepage PIP of him on CNN with a caption that reads..."Missing Toddler Mystery. Battle Over Jailhouse Tapes."; and his audacity to accuse John Dennis Bradley - the IT expert, of using this case for advertising on his website during his cross earlier this week. LOL

This guy ( a lawyer ) didn't even pay child support.

No comment.

No more questions.

moo

And defaulted on student loans...I guess BonBon Bikinis wasn't as profitable as he'd like everyone to think.

First I almost fell out of my chair with the title of this thread! So glad I took the time to read the article, I really needed a great laugh. Baez is so in over his head, it's pathetic and sad because ICA will surely get an appeal on ineffective counsel.

I also linked to his website from that article and had more laughs!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

"At Baez Law Firm, criminal defense lawyers believe in providing our clients with high quality legal services. Our criminal defense attorneys are always well-prepared for trial. Because each case has its own unique circumstances, we investigate each case diligently. We will look for exonerating evidence and identify alternative theories and avenues of defense."

Love the last sentence! Hence..."we make stuff up".

First I almost fell out of my chair with the title of this thread! So glad I took the time to read the article, I really needed a great laugh. Baez is so in over his head, it's pathetic and sad because ICA will surely get an appeal on ineffective counsel.

I also linked to his website from that article and had more laughs!!! I LOVE THIS!!!

"At Baez Law Firm, criminal defense lawyers believe in providing our clients with high quality legal services. Our criminal defense attorneys are always well-prepared for trial. Because each case has its own unique circumstances, we investigate each case diligently. We will look for exonerating evidence and identify alternative theories and avenues of defense."

High quality? :floorlaugh:

Well prepared?? :floorlaugh:

Unique circumstances?? :waitasec:

Investigate diligently?? :floorlaugh:

Identify alternative theories and avenues - well we gotta give him credit on that one I guess. :innocent:

(We KNOW Jose did not write this, it is all spelled correctly!) :innocent:

So he took 8 years trying to pass the bar and took a witness to task for failing one proficiency test ten years ago or so?

Baez wants a mistrial because his client's family called his abilities into question and the state played it for the jury. Sounds a bit whiny to me, not at all professional. Of course, if he were professional, the articles wouldn't have been written about him.

I was a bit impressed with his cross of the "bug" expert witness. JB pretends to know more about insects than he pretends to know about the law.

Each time Baez gets up to speak, I can't help but think George Costanza would be far better pretending to be an attorney.

I don't think so. He wouldn't be much of a defense lawyer (or have many clients) if his purpose was to help the prosecution get justice.

Just as Casey believes she'll walk free, Jose believes he's a great defense lawyer. A match made in jail.

So he took 8 years trying to pass the bar and took a witness to task for failing one proficiency test ten years ago or so?

Not to mention questioning how much people are getting paid and whether they are making money on the deal.

If I was one of them I think I would respond "Don't worry about that, at least I pay my child support and my checks don't bounce."

See, this is why I could not be a lawyer. Baez makes me MORE facetious than I already was. :waitasec:

If I was the prosecution I would be held in contempt.
I would have to be sedated.
I would either yell "WTF dude!" or I would laugh so hard I would pee my pants. Or both. :floorlaugh:

Baez wants a mistrial because his client's family called his abilities into question and the state played it for the jury. Sounds a bit whiny to me, not at all professional. Of course, if he were professional, the articles wouldn't have been written about him.

I was a bit impressed with his cross of the "bug" expert witness. JB pretends to know more about insects than he pretends to know about the law.

Each time Baez gets up to speak, I can't help but think George Costanza would be far better pretending to be an attorney.

Out of all of the witnesses... he did well with the "bug" one. (I'm guessing he didn't try to spell Entomologist?)

He pretends to know more about bugs? Insects? PESTS? Than he pretends to know about the law?

Pests. Somehow I am just not at all surprised. :waitasec:

IMO Baez is not the only bad defense attorney on the team. CM mumbles and cannot be understood and Sims seems like a lightweight who is only good for a cuddle with KC. I am far from impressed with any of them.

IMO Baez is not the only bad defense attorney on the team. CM mumbles and cannot be understood and Sims seems like a lightweight who is only good for a cuddle with KC. I am far from impressed with any of them.

Yeah, Lyon sure high-tailed it outa there, eh? :crazy:

Not to mention questioning how much people are getting paid and whether they are making money on the deal.

If I was one of them I think I would respond "Don't worry about that, at least I pay my child support and my checks don't bounce."

See, this is why I could not be a lawyer. Baez makes me MORE facetious than I already was. :waitasec:

If I was the prosecution I would be held in contempt.
I would have to be sedated.
I would either yell "WTF dude!" or I would laugh so hard I would pee my pants. Or both. :floorlaugh:

Out of all of the witnesses... he did well with the "bug" one. (I'm guessing he didn't try to spell Entomologist?)

He pretends to know more about bugs? Insects? PESTS? Than he pretends to know about the law?

Pests. Somehow I am just not at all surprised. :waitasec:
Snakes eat bugs right? That's where his savy on the subject comes from IMO. :)

Bill Schaeffer actually apologized this afternoon for his snarkiness and sarcastic remarks about JB. He said it just keeps creeping up on him because the defense is so absurd any attorney with a brain would never have put it on.

Oh well -

Truly the only favorable comments any of the talking heads due are all mentioned to be consultants to the DT....they all think it is wonderful and go along the game plan ---- I just want to know how many consultants and lawyers does one need?????? Yet knowing that he always complains about the state having more????:banghead:

I did love that part about him wanting a mis trial because of the the bad comments about him....

There is no other way to describe this - Priceless! I don't even know if I can find an emotive icon to explain how hard I laughed when I read this.

I see only one problem. Baez has yet to put on his defence. If he is only doing cross now and his peers are all falling over themselves not knowing whether to be embarrassed for their profession as a whole or just sit back and enjoy the joke.

This must have been what the tweets were about yesterday morning, something about "wondering if he has read about the other lawyer article" or something.

I can only guess what the remarks will be during the week of June 20 - 26th.
The only problem is I don't know whether to look forward to it or get ready to brace myself.

Even though it's Baez, I'm never really comfortable watching someone manage to completely humiliate themselves in front of the world.

On second thought...:innocent:

IMO: I think because of Baez being so inexperenced and has made so many mistakes in this trial,When Casey is found to be guilty,We will see Casey back in court for a new trial with all new attorneys. I can't see why the courts have let it get this far, HJP has to see that Baez is not doing his job right, and the taxpayers of Florida will have to foot the bill again. It is just carzy to let the trail go this far, knowing Caseys attorney does not have the experience to defend her. Baez cannot defend Casey in a court of law not when a DP is on the table, he has no idea what he is doing. Yes, I believe Casey is guilty and should spend the rest of her life in prison or DP. But because of Baez not knowing what he is doing and letting him defend Casey is wrong for Caylee.I do not believe Caylee will get justice this go round, it will take another trial and many more years before there is Justice for Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther