LE Serves Warrant on Family Home #6

How do we know it was empty? It might have been 3/4 full for all we know, and a prosecutor could use that information to counteract her claims of being drunk and "maybe" blacking out. I would think LE would want to have their hands on anything and everything that might someday be of any consequence in the prosecution of a case.

The attorney, Ms. Short showed the empty wine bladder to the news crew during the walk-thru of the home.

That's how I know.

Hth

The box of wine is the smaller 3, and not the larger 5 as many claimed..

Maybe the guy who came throught the bushes into the gas station will come forward and tell them who he is and where he came from. Hoping! I'm not sure there is a way they can clear that video up and identify him from what we have seen.

Something I'm not clear about:

If LE sought to have the sw info blocked, how come we can see the earch warrant? Or is it that some of the items LE took in the search were omitted from this version of the SW that we can see?

Anyone with legal expertise care to weigh in on this? TIA

3 liters = 101.4 oz

101.4 oz = 16.9 servings of 6 oz glasses of wine

Since it has been popular belief she drank this with the neighbour friend, that would be less than 9 glasses each provided each drank the same amount and consumed the entire 3L. Now also divide this up over a 4 to 5 hour period, roughly 2 glasses per hour. :twocents:

Something I'm not clear about:

If LE sought to have the sw info blocked, how come we can see the earch warrant? Or is it that some of the items LE took in the search were omitted from this version of the SW that we can see?

Anyone with legal expertise care to weigh in on this? TIA

Well, I don't have any legal expertise but I took it that the judge denied the request to seal the warrant.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf
On page 1 there is the motion to seal the document and in the lower right corner someone wrote "denied" and initialed it on the 21st October.

Edit: from the news:

Authorities sought to have the documents sealed because they contained information that “would likely interfere in the ongoing investigation.”

A judge, however, denied the motion.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21/3222115/some-details-emerge-from-lisas.html#ixzz1bm8czehs

Well, I don't have any legal expertise but I took it that the judge denied the request to seal the warrant.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf
On page 1 there is the motion to seal the document and in the lower right corner someone wrote "denied" and initialed it on the 21st October.

Edit: from the news:

Authorities sought to have the documents sealed because they contained information that “would likely interfere in the ongoing investigation.”

A judge, however, denied the motion.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21/3222115/some-details-emerge-from-lisas.html#ixzz1bm8czehs

Ah, thank you. I never saw the "denied" at the bottom.

Not really sure why LE would feel the need to confiscate it. DB admits to being drunk. No need to have an empty box of wine to show jurors to back up the mother's claim that she was drunk. :waitasec:

Well...after my detailed investigation into wine drinking for the team, I can say that: 1) One bottle of wine is five large glasses.
2) I had to stop after two and a half for a few hours.(toasted)
3) Completed the final glasses after a two hour break
4) A medium sized woman would be sufficiently intoxicated after 5.
5) Said woman would be impaired and should not care for children.
(At least until she sobered up)

I would not have attempted drinking wine while caring for minor children. At any time you may need to drive and cannot while even drinking two glasses. It is irresponsible and neglectful and IMO abusive. It should meet the legal requirement for neglect. A half a three liter wine box would be more than I drank and cause blood alcohol levels to be greater.

Well...after my detailed investigation into wine drinking for the team, I can say that: 1) One bottle of wine is five large glasses.

I would not have attempted drinking wine while caring for minor children. At any time you may need to drive and cannot while even drinking two glasses. It is irresponsible and neglectful and IMO abusive. It should meet the legal requirement for neglect. A half a three liter wine box would be more than I drank and cause blood alcohol levels to be greater.

I am a medium sized woman and back in my drinking days, 5 glasses of wine would be an appetizer. I would not be fall down drunk and more than likely one could not even tell I had been drinking.

I am a medium sized woman and back in my drinking days, 5 glasses of wine would be an appetizer. I would not be fall down drunk and more than likely one could not even tell I had been drinking.

DB takes meds that can increase the effect of alcohol.

The attorney, Ms. Short showed the empty wine bladder to the news crew during the walk-thru of the home.

That's how I know.

Hth

Well, she showed them AN empty wine bladder. We have no way of knowing if this was THE box or bladder in question.

There are ALOT of factor that effect intoxication levels. Alcohol percentage in the beverage, duration of time beverage was consumed, body weight, food intake, etc. etc.

But generally speaking, the rule of thumb is that it takes the body 1 hour to metabolize 1 drink.

Did the drinking partner confirm as well that the box was empty? Box wasn't taken by LE correct? Nothing to stop a person from emptying it in the sink to help with the "I drank a bunch" alibi.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:I just want to thank you for offering yourself for this experiment. LOL.

Did the drinking partner confirm as well that the box was empty? Box wasn't taken by LE correct? Nothing to stop a person from emptying it in the sink to help with the "I drank a bunch" alibi.

BBM

I was just going to post the same thing. I think something happend to little Lisa much earlier in the day and all of this "I was drunk", etc. is all to take the attention off of her....how convenient.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back