Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

Are we ever going to hear the info kept from the public in TLM's publication ban?

This article may have already been posted, but it's a good read. It offers some insight into the process of how the crown dealt with the change in TLM's confessions. They navigated a really tricky legal situation so well -- Another "yay" for the crown for this behind the scenes work!

Warning: While it doesn't go into much more detail on the content of her confessions, there is one detail that I had not read before that is truly horrifying... The kind of horrifying that sucks all the air out of the room for a second when it sinks in. Ugh.

McClintic's abrupt about-face testimony posed conundrum for Crown
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...mony-posed-conundrum-for-crown-151086725.html

It must be clear to everyone now that regardless of TLM's role, MR planned the kidnapping, raped and killed Tori. The only thing that isn't clear at all to me, is why TLM changed her confession. Was she keeping her promise to take the fall? Why? Was she scared of him? Did she just not want to have to testify and say all this stuff out loud? It doesn't really matter now... but only because the prosecution and jury did such a good job. She had the real potential to totally eff up the whole trial. Given the fact that she confessed with no deal, reportedly to 'do the right thing' the first time, this doesn't make any sense.

Gah... trying to figure out the logic of psychopaths makes your mind wander dark halls.

McClintic's abrupt about-face testimony posed conundrum for Crown
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...mony-posed-conundrum-for-crown-151086725.html

It must be clear to everyone now that regardless of TLM's role, MR planned the kidnapping, raped and killed Tori. The only thing that isn't clear at all to me, is why TLM changed her confession. Was she keeping her promise to take the fall? Why? Was she scared of him? Did she just not want to have to testify and say all this stuff out loud?
My theory is that she wanted to be Queen ***** in jail and have everyone scared of her and do her bidding.

There has been so much information this week, I just wanted to repost this.

Read this, and weep.
He was also interested in adult and bestiality *advertiser censored* and accessed necrophilia websites, including some that showed "apparently deceased bodies left in rural areas," police say. One image was of a dead woman in a field with no clothing from the waist down.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19741946.html

I haven't caught up, and I'm sorry if this has been posted, but, I am just watching all 7 parts of the Interrogation.

I am absolutely livid that brings Rodney and Tara into it. They guy is a psychopath.

Here is a looseleaf translation of the end of Segment #2 or beginning of Segment #3 (can't remember)

LE: "These people have been cycled through all night. Every person we have had in here tonight has confessed. They are in the other rooms right now. Every person in here today has saved their *advertiser censored*.

We've got people rounded up, we've got people locked up. Everyone that has been in here tonight, is locked up, and they aren't going anywhere. Some have gone to jail already, some are in holding, some have court dates".

Rafferty: "So, you have people like Tara and Rodney that are locked up?"

LE: ‎"Rodney's not locked up, and no, I thought you said Terri, no Tara's not locked up".

woops I forgot to post the link from above winnepeg piece. this stuck out to me

McClintic goes into even more graphic detail in a 17-page letter she wrote in October, saying she recalled more about April 8 after temporarily going off medication for bipolar disorder

BIPOLAR?????..........wow..actually, this winnepeg piece is either spot on ..since I haven't heard any of this before or dunno fictional? Cuz there's another part of it that I can't re-type..about MR stomping on and what he says (sad face emoticon inserted here)

16:16; Segment #3, Rafferty Interrogation

Rafferty: "I want to know what this girl Terri said"

LE: "Ummm, okay, she acknowledges that she grabbed Tori, and brought her to your car, that it was your wishes, that you sent her there with certain things you were looking for in a victim, and she took her, and you guys drove on the highway, and did the home depot thing which you had talked about, you left the home depot went to a secluded area, you had sexual relations with Tori, and Tori was killed."

My theory is that she wanted to be Queen ***** in jail and have everyone scared of her and do her bidding.

After reading that article posted in the post right above yours - I think she just couldn't stand the thought that MR was going to hate her. I think she was trying to preserve some good feelings about her on his part.

It is sad she never had any love in her life, really. Doesn't excuse her behavior and I make NO excuses for her. She is where she belongs and I hope she never gets out - but I truely believe it was the lack of love and consequently the lack of self-esteem in her life that made it easier for her to fall for this and agree to what he wanted.

I'm just glad they are both off the streets and locked up - hopefully forever!

Salem

woops I forgot to post the link from above winnepeg piece. this stuck out to me

McClintic goes into even more graphic detail in a 17-page letter she wrote in October, saying she recalled more about April 8 after temporarily going off medication for bipolar disorder

BIPOLAR?????..........wow..actually, this winnepeg piece is either spot on ..since I haven't heard any of this before or dunno fictional? Cuz there's another part of it that I can't re-type..about MR stomping on and what he says (sad face emoticon inserted here)

I think that part is true - because it is what he said, basically, to the girl he tied up and raped after drugging her "pass out, pass out" or something like that.

What an evil !

Salem

After reading that article posted in the post right above yours - I think she just couldn't stand the thought that MR was going to hate her. I think she was trying to preserve some good feelings about her on his part.

It is sad she never had any love in her life, really. Doesn't excuse her behavior and I make NO excuses for her. She is where she belongs and I hope she never gets out - but I truely believe it was the lack of love and consequently the lack of self-esteem in her life that made it easier for her to fall for this and agree to what he wanted.

I'm just glad they are both off the streets and locked up - hopefully forever!

Salem

Agree with your entire post Salem.

I don't think we've ever heard of TLM even having one boyfriend before MTR. He was such a "first" for her i guess. We know of the one female friend she contacted that day, but she seemed so totally deprived of deep, meaningful relationships pretty much her whole life. Yep, no excuse, but somehow understandable.

When TLM recanted that MR murdered VS, did she know at this time that the laptop evidence was no longer admissable? I am curious, if she was actually at this point trying to completly get him off of all his charges. It is just so odd. However if she is bipolar this may also explain the change. Perhaps this was her reality at the time?

When TLM recanted that MR murdered VS, did she know at this time that the laptop evidence was no longer admissable? I am curious, if she was actually at this point trying to completly get him off of all his charges. It is just so odd. However if she is bipolar this may also explain the change. Perhaps this was her reality at the time?

I'm curious about this too, but I don't know the answer.

I'm also confused as to why some of the details of her confession were released, or testified to in court, and others were not.

It's possible she changed her confession for several of the reasons mentioned above... they all seem plausible. Her jail persona may also not be only about instilling fear in others, but also about romanticizing the whole 'bonnie and clyde', part of their crime - it may be the only thing she's ever really been a part of, and as disturbing as that is, it might hold some kind of appeal for her. Reading about life in the news, it sounds like her relationships with family, etc. have probably all been violent and abusive as well.

It's also possible that both confessions were, to some degree, true. Given the disturbing quote mentioned in the article above, I think it's possible that they both took part in the whole thing, including the violence, and neither ever stood to the side with their eyes closed. MOO

I haven't caught up, and I'm sorry if this has been posted, but, I am just watching all 7 parts of the Interrogation.

I am absolutely livid that brings Rodney and Tara into it. They guy is a psychopath.

Here is a looseleaf translation of the end of Segment #2 or beginning of Segment #3 (can't remember)

Waaaay back in my horrifyingly terrible memory bank stored from April 2009, I recall seeing an internet "poster" calling himself "Mychol" and other names commenting on YouTube and other online media whose subject was Tori. This was very early in the abduction before the arrests. Not only was this person inferring some members of Tori's family were involved with the abduction; this poster was also posting the opinion claiming that Tori's parents were bad parents and that Tori, may she rest in eternal peace, was better off away from them. This whackjob was justifying the kidnapping.

Does anyone here recall this?

The comments were removed quickly but I remember wondering at the time
if the comments were coming from the perp. But then again, there are many online predators who might be responsible.

BTW, what is the meaning of ?:blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back