Leonard Padilla: Should he Bail out Elizabeth Johnson?

Leonard Padilla: Should He Bail Out Elizabeth Johnson?

• Yes! It's a great idea for LP to put up the bail $$$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! LP should put up the bail $$$ but only under strict & specific terms

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • No! Leonard should not put up bail under any circumstances

Votes: 56 66.7%
  • Maybe... I'm just not sure if this is a good idea or a bad one

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe LP's involvement will get NG to cover Gabriel more! We need to keep his precious face out there. At least she would have a new guest since TS isn't allowed to speak anymore...

I think Leonard needs to stay out of these cases. I used to like him but now I'm beginning to see that his intentions aren't to help find these kids. He's exploiting them and their families for publicity. He's an attention *advertiser censored* and just needs to go away.

Sorry if that sounded mean... but wth is he thinking? Hasn't he learned his lesson?

I don't think it would do any good. She has done this to spite Logan. She will punish herself to ruin his life. The only way she will ever speak out is if Gabriel is found dead, just to deny doing it. If he is found alive, she might express claims of needing to protect her child, etc... JMO :))

Admittedly I am not familiar with this guy (and his potential real intentions), but my vote is Yes, with strict conditions. I figure why not? If she gets out and doesn't help as agreed, can't he pull bail (I may be totally wrong here?)?? Isn't anything worth a shot at this point to get this girl to talk? And who cares if he gets publicity out of it if it keeps Gabriel in the news. Now, if there is reason to think this would hamper finding Gabriel that is a different story....

Considering that Elizabeth ran away to San Antonio, and then ran away to Miami Beach, and all her comments that she was going to "run forever", do you all think if she were bailed out she'd run?

Also, what do you all think of LP using his bounty hunter skills to try to find whoever may be holding Gabe? We don't know what LP and the family may be discussing - they may not be discussing bail at all. That's just based on LP, bail, KC, and Misty.

Although I voted 'No' - and still feel that way - it would be interesting to see how EJ acted if she were released on bail. And more importantly, to see who she interacted with. Even if she is too smart to give herself away, actions (and reactions) sometimes speak even louder than words.

That's the only reason I would consider that scenario... to wait and see what she did and who she interacted with. I don't believe she would volunteer any information, but she may contact someone of interest, JMO.

Considering that Elizabeth ran away to San Antonio, and then ran away to Miami Beach, and all her comments that she was going to "run forever", do you all think if she were bailed out she'd run?

Also, what do you all think of LP using his bounty hunter skills to try to find whoever may be holding Gabe? We don't know what LP and the family may be discussing - they may not be discussing bail at all. That's just based on LP, bail, KC, and Misty.

I DEFINITELY believe she would run. I'm not too familiar with LP or his bounty hunting skills, that could go either way.

I think if she were released, she should be placed on house arrest, and wear a device. I also think her house should be wired to listen, since she's not talking to LE, likely on the advice of her lawyers. She may lead investigators to Gabriel, but she is smart, and 2 months cooling off in jail may have her more focused than ever.

If the reward for finding Gabriel is not raised drastically, than I think a bounty hunter is a great idea for hunting down those who have him.

$$$ talks.

EJ needs to sit in jail for a long time. She's done NOTHING to answer the one question WE KNOW she can answer: Where is Gabriel?

I voted no, but I'm have mixed thoughts on this. If there is any chance that EJ could assist in finding Gabriel out of jail then I would do it. Also, it could bring alot of media attention and the more people that know about Gabriel the better.

Admittedly I am not familiar with this guy (and his potential real intentions), but my vote is Yes, with strict conditions. I figure why not? If she gets out and doesn't help as agreed, can't he pull bail (I may be totally wrong here?)?? Isn't anything worth a shot at this point to get this girl to talk? And who cares if he gets publicity out of it if it keeps Gabriel in the news. Now, if there is reason to think this would hamper finding Gabriel that is a different story....

He's a bounty hunter, so it would be a third party actually bonding her out, with him putting up the money. There is a sticky situation with that, given that he can put the money up, but would have to depend on someone else to actually bond her out. The people bonding her out would control any aspect of pulling bail, not LP. He did this with Casey by going through his nephew, Tony, a bondsman... Tony set the stuff up with a bonding place in Florida... but I would be SHOCKED if Tony would get on board with another situation like the Anthony case... Tony, in his own words here on WS, was very critical of and none to happy with LP for making stuff up/lying, to get media attention, when things weren't panning out for LP.

Would LP stepping in hamper finding Gabriel? if he starts making things up like he did in the Anthony case, it could waste precious time and send people in the wrong direction. Now, it would ramp up media attention for LP, which would put more focus on Gabriel, in the media... that could help a lot, but one would have to ask theirselves if it is worth having to deal with the Padilla cirucs. He loves the cameras and wants face time in the media, by his own admission... he is VERY honest about loving media attention, so the family needs to understand: they bring him on, expect it to be the Leonard Padilla show... that is just how he works things. If a search happens, he will not be there to actively search, but will be there to talk to media, take pictures with fans and give out autographs, which he loves doing. (I think he even did that when he showed up at the site where poor Caylee's body was dumped, as LE excavated the site for her remains). The family also needs to know that he is direct with his words... he doesn't hold anything back and can come across as harsh, at times... he doesn't sugarcoat anything. On the good side, he can tell it like it is: he was very blunt with Cindy Anthony and said things to her that were harsh, but really needed to be said... he faced Casey and called her out on her BS (I applaud him on that... unfortunately, he was kicked out of the house when he did it). On the bad side: LP see's dollar signs in these cases and he has never denied the accusations about the things he said to Tim Miller about making money off of holding up Caylee's skull to the cameras from a dive LP wanted TES to do. And he has a bad habit of taking his theories and presenting them as facts to the media... which can get to be aggravating if you don't realize until later that he was just actually throwing out theories. (this stuff can be researched in Nancy Grace transcripts).

It could be a good thing, or it could go bad thing... it all depends on how well it is going for LP. He is a very successful bounty hunter... even his detractors will say that he is good at what he does when it comes to skip tracing. But one has to keep in mind that finding bail jumpers and finding missing children: 2 totally seperate venues...

I voted no, but I'm have mixed thoughts on this. If there is any chance that EJ could assist in finding Gabriel out of jail then I would do it. Also, it could bring alot of media attention and the more people that know about Gabriel the better.

I agree; Gabe needs more media attention - and lots of it. Now that the coverage has dwindled to basically nothing, if someone has him they may start to get careless. If his face and his story could be re-broadcast (even through someone like Padilla), it is quite possible new sightings would begin to surface now.

Since it is the "family of Gabriel" that contact Leonard, we can't blame him IF he gets involved in this "high-profile" case.

If Leonard is interested in putting up the bond money for Elizabeth, IMO, Leonard would more then likely have the following restriction: "tell us where Gabriel is so we can bring him back before we bond you out!"

I agree with others "No baby, No Bail".

If there is anything to be gained by EJ being bailed out, then I am all for it. Otherwise, let her rot for what she's put Gabriel and his family through.

I do like the idea of TES getting more involved though.

My prayers for Tim and his wife also.

I don't think it's LP's place to bargain anyone's bail for information just because he has the money, is looking for publicity, wants to find Gabriel or is just plain bored. This is not the way to go about things. It's unethical and in a way, makes a mockery out of our own justice system. His actions do nothing but cloud the mind of the very person that holds the answers. If she confesses, she knows it will land her back in jail, so why would she want to talk to him? His offer has created this catch-22 situation so she pulls back even further from telling the truth. His offer does nothing but hamper this investigation and worse yet, it's that much longer for Gabriel and his family that have to endure this. Back off Leonard. Leave these situations alone......please.

I don't care for LP and don't like when he inserts himself into high profile cases, but considering Elizabeth wants out of jail I think it might be worth a shot if Padilla offers to bail her out if she gives up there the baby is.

I don't care for LP and don't like when he inserts himself into high profile cases, but considering Elizabeth wants out of jail I think it might be worth a shot if Padilla offers to bail her out if she gives up there the baby is.

I voted no, but if she tells where Gabriel is AND they get him back..... then sure, bail her out. But LM has to have physical custody of him so Gabe can't disappear again.

EJ's associations are starting to worry me, so I have to say no way. I don't think it would be safe for LM or Gabriel if EJ were out. They would have to enter witness protection as I don't trust her for a second.

Closing Thread

There hasn't been any more word about possible involvement of LP with Gabe's case. Should there be any more word, we'll open this thread back up, or create an appropriate new thread topic.

Thanks!
BeanE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members