Linda Drane-Burdick in action / 20th anniversary

Perhaps JB should be sent a copy to let him know what he's up against, err never mind, let him discover that on his own. Miss Linda is a role model for so many. From a strong intelligent attorney to a person with morals and ethics to simply having general good manners.

As for you Muzikman, do you have a link designated for the penny jar where you can keep us updated when documents are coming out or there are documents you would love to get a hold of? It would help those like me to have that reminder so we can make our deposit so that you can get access to documents as you need them.

Novice Seeker

10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Tricia

Need Donations For New Court Documents

Websleuths is extremely fortunate to have such caring posters. One such poster is MuzikMan.

On a regular basis MuzikMan goes to the courthouse to get copies of legal filings that are not released to the public in the Caylee Anthony case.

Muzikman pays for these copies out of his own pocket. It costs 0ne dollar per page. The last set of documents he put up for use cost him 120 dollars and that's just for one set of papers. He can't keep doing this, paying out of his own pocket.

That's why I asked Muzikman to set up a paypal account so that those of us who read the documents can contribute to their cost.

Let me state right up front that none of the money goes to Websleuths. The donations are between you and MuzikMan.

No one is required to donate. Quite the contrary. Please only donate if you really can. Remember every little bit helps. Be it one dollar, five, ten, it all adds up and helps.

MuzikMan has assured me that if at the end of this saga he has money left over he will donate it to Texas Equasearch.

I am not going to ask MuzikMan to post any info about the donations. I trust him and know with all my heart that this is not a money making venture for him. Just the opposite. He is into the documents around 400 dollars of his own money.

If you can't donate then please do not. No one is going to know who did or did not donate. Again, even one dollar would help but do not feel obligated in any way.

MuzikMan is accepting paypal only
. You do need a paypal account to send money. Plus you do need either a credit card or a debit card. It's really easy to sign up and it doesn't cost anything.

Muzikman has requested that if you donate to please include your Websleuths name. He wants to thank you personally. However, if you feel the least bit uncomfortable including your Websleuths name then please do not. That's fine. Whatever you feel comfortable doing.

If you want to donate please go to www.paypal.com Enter the email address Muzikman25@aol.com

If you have any questions please contact Muzikman or me.

Thank you for all you do

Tricia
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H #214
Park City UT

10-18-09
Good News.

MuzikMan has ENOUGH money for court documents for a while. He has even recouped what he has spent.

Thank you all for your helping out with the cost of the court docs.

No More Donations Needed At This Time.

Thank you and if MuzikMan needs more help I'll put up another thread but for now this one is closed thanks to all of our great members at Websleuths.

Has anyone heard that TruTV is going to stop the trial part of their network after this month? I can't remember which person mentioned it a while back and then nothing else was said. When she mentioned it...it was like she caught herself and realized she had said something that she shouldn't have.

I have really been hoping that Casey's trial would be on TruTv. I really want to watch it. I hope we aren't all going to be disappointed.

In searching truTV/InSession for the verdict in a specific case, I came across this information:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/courttvtrutv/trutvs_in_session_shuts_down_119687.asp

:(

I'm so glad that Caylee has Linda and Kathi B on her Dream Team. Kathi has asked the hard questions since day one and Linda has gently but firmly focused the attention on Caylee and the dedicated men and women who not only spent thousands of man hours investigating this travesty but were on their hands and knees trying to salvage as much as they could of her remains. I know she will help the jury contrast that picture with the actions of her lying, thieving mother and her fame-hungry, opportunistic family and defense team.

O/T: LKB is a guest commentator on Jack Ford's Courtside show on truTV right now...... Eastern Time.....

Mother slit the throats of her 2 and 7 year olds, then herself... the 2 y.o. died. Mother charged with murder..... possible insanity plea.

Love ya, Linda! Congrats on your 20th. Thank you for all that you're doing for Caylee. I would not want to be on the opposite side of the room from you! I know you'll get this job done...you are grace and strength under pressure.

And I can't wait to see JB grimace and shift as LDB lofts barbs right at em. And I bet CA will have to be drugged AND restrained from outbursts. I fully expect to hear SS threaten CA with contempt at some point and it won't be due to testimony. A question......will CA be allowed in the courtroom prior to being called to the stand???

That depends. Some SAs give the victims family some latitude. But generally a witness is not allowed to hear ANY testimony until after they have given their testimony. I suspect based on the circumstances and how unhelpful the A's have been and how vile their actions have been to date I doubt the SA will allow them to sit in the gallery until after they have testified. And I'm not sure how the SA will want to have their "lineup" of witnesses so the A's may not be allowed entry into the courtroom until well after the commencement of trial.

Thanks for starting this thread MM!!
Ms Drane Burdick is one CLASS ACT and she is smart as a whip!!!!!!!!
She does not let JB get to her, and just does her job in a very professional, impressive manner.
I hope there are extended family members in support of CAYLEE when the murder trial begins, and who will be there to show their appreciation to the prosecutors.[/COLOR]

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one (bold above). I think it's pretty obvious at this stage the entire family (immediate and extended) have abandoned this child and her memory.

The only people who will demand justice for her are the SA and LE.

I share in all the congrats. I personally know (through friends) the toll it takes on good prosecutors. The hours, the emotional strain,the personal sacrifices their families make. It is a very hard and thankless job and to stay with it for 20 years is beyond dedicated. KUDOS

With that said, I have been so impressed with the way the prosecutors have handled themselves in this case. Seeing the crack defense team go on 48 hours and blasting them and not being able to respond. It would be impossible to keep my mouth shut. Couldn't do it.

If these prosecutors would write a book after Casey is put away, I would think it would be a best seller. I think it would be fascinating to hear all the behind the scenes work that has been done and how they have felt about the defense bashing them whenever possible, the things none of us have been privvy to. I think we got a glimpse of how they felt during the last hearing when she stated that she was protecting "Caylee" not the family in the courtroom. LOVED IT!!!!!!

DITTO for me, big girl! I agree with absolutely everything you posted and like you, I would love to read a book by the prosecution!

DITTO for me, big girl! I agree with absolutely everything you posted and like you, I would love to read a book by the prosecution!

I think it would be rather short.

She did it. She got caught. She got punished.
The End

I know we are a little past Linda's anniversary, but I am interested in any previous cases she has prosecuted. I am not sure this is the right thread for it though ?

I am sooo looking forward to how she handles the latest motions filed by the defense. I admire how calm she stays and she never laughs aloud at the defense. Gold star. LOL.

I am sooo looking forward to how she handles the latest motions filed by the defense. I admire how calm she stays and she never laughs aloud at the defense. Gold star. LOL.

First, let me thank all of YOU for your great, informative, insightful and inspiring posts in this case. This is the first case I've followed but I don't have the time to be helpful to others and I apologize because I'd really like to add my 2 :twocents: but I don't even know how to manipulate the smilies!!! let alone post with :twocents:!!! Anyway, LDB said, at the end of one of the hearings when they we talking, I believe, about setting a trial date, that she could put on her CIC in 1 1/2 hours. DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THIS? The reason I think this is important is that she MUST HAVE SOLID, IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE TO PERSUADE A JURY OF CA's GUILT IN AN HOUR OR SO - right? Sorry that I took so much time but this is really bugging me and I'd love to know if this is reality or my faulty remembering. Again, thanks for giving so much to all of us. I, also, think LDB is a consummate professional and the best, and sometimes only, voice for Caylee in this case. Blessings, Gogranny

:dance:I thought that this thread deserved to be bumped, after Linda's exquisite cross-exam of Cindy Anthony yesterday. Great performance throughout the hearing!

This is a harbinger of what the trial will be like next year. Unless Casey caves and tries a plea-bargain. I would suggest that is in her best interests. :)

Imagine, if you will, Linda's opening statements, using these phone calls followed by that first jail call home..... What a first impression of Casey Anthony that jury is going to get!!!!:dance:

No amount of " she's a Loving daughter, Loved her child" comments are going to erase the impression that Casey Anthony's own words will have.

ITA MM!! LDB and JA make a great team. Both have different styles that compliment each other. JA is the emotional one that brings to life what the evidence shows with heart pounding description-while LDB approaches the subject and the witness with a calm, determined, and no nonsense even tone that cuts like a knife to the target she is aiming for.
This trial will be riveting!! JB and crew made a huge mistake by delaying the trial-cause that just gives the SA more time to fine tune their case. Justice for Caylee is coming and I can't wait!!:woohoo:

Thank you for bumping this.

She absolutely rocked yesterday. Made mincemeat out of the defense (or was that fried chicken:crazy:).

Some of her comments were gems, absolute gems.

I cannot wait for the trial!!! (Though I am not sure I can listen too long to CM or JB)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back