Lindsay Lohan and more…

blondieinspokane said:
We broke the story ... Lohan told cops she was NOT behind the wheel of her Porsche when it slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler.* Fact is she was -- according to multiple witnesses.

Has she ever been seriously injured in an accident? I mean like, internal bleeding type of serious? Maybe if that were to happen, she'd wake up and realize she isn't physically invisible.

For all you who love (or hate) Lindsay Lohan, the long-awaited Liz & Dick premieres tonight at 9:00PM (EST) on Lifetime.

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/liz-and-dick

There are a multitude of reviews if you care to find out what critics say about the made-for-TV bio-pic. I'm sure that the movie will be repeated several times in coming weeks, so I'll be watching Chef Liz Faulkner duke it out with her fellow chefs who seek redemption on the road to Kitchen Stadium.

November 25, 2012 at 1:00 am

Skip 'Liz & Dick' and watch a film they headline

By Frazier Moore
Associated Press

New York — The good news: If you thought "Liz & Dick" would be lame, you aren't wrong.

The bad news: It falls short of being laughably, irresistibly bad. What a missed opportunity!

Even so, "Liz & Dick" will probably pay off for Lifetime, at least. Despite warnings (like — listen up! — this one) that viewers not waste their time on this made-for-TV film, lots of them will fall prey to their curiosity and flock to "Liz & Dick" when it airs at 9 p.m. Sunday...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121125/ENT10/211250302#ixzz2DFahXxiJ

From all the reviews, this show promises to SUCK! It's almost unanimous that it is "spectacularly bad". One review calls it "Train-Wreck TV". It sounds like a total waste of time.

What's hilarious about it is that in order to hire the drama queen Lindsay, the producer had to take out "Incarceration Insurance"! :great: See it in the typical review below:
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...reck-tv---sit-back-and-enjoy-the-carnage.html

""Liz & Dick," Lindsay Lohan's corny "comeback vehicle," is so awful it makes the entire slate of Lifetime guilty-pleasure TV movies look like Masterpiece Theatre.

But if you've got a bottle of wine (or three), and a living room full of other people to share the laughs, the unintentionally hilarious biopic of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's tumultuous romance could be the perfect way to cap off your Thanksgiving weekend.

From director's chairs on a dark soundstage (apparently from the acting afterlife), Liz (Lohan) and Dick (Grant Bowler) provide a confusingly creepy exposition, punctuating scenes of their decades-long love affair. Which, judging by this movie, was insipid, not sizzling, characterized by overwrought declarations like "I don't need a pool -- I've got a whole ocean in you."

Or, from one of the star-crossed lovers' many rows: "You look at me like you loathe me," says Burton channeling a Basset hound. "I don't loathe you," responds Taylor. "I hate you!"

Hackneyed script aside, the only time Lindsay resembles the British-born Oscar winner is in the film's stills. ("Liz & Dick" is pretty to look at; unfortunately, it's accompanied by dialogue and a cheesy soundtrack reminiscent of "Hart to Hart.") LiLo's infinity-packs-a-day rasp is jarring, as are scenes that reference Taylor's weight gain when played by the rail-thin redhead.

Producers say one reason they cast the troubled starlet as Taylor is their shared experiences as child actresses later hounded by the paparazzi -- but that factors little in "Liz & Dick's" storyline. It's Burton, not Taylor, who's portrayed as the really damaged character, tormented by his infidelities and tanking career. Shouldn't they have focused their energies on hiring a couple with real chemistry?

READ MORE: 'Liz & Dick' producer bought 'incarceration insurance' for Lindsay Lohan

Obviously not: Considering the massive publicity Lohan has generated for "Liz & Dick," it will likely break audience records for Lifetime.

So go ahead and join 'em. You might hate yourself in the morning, but it might be the last time you see Lindsay Lohan in a scripted role.

"Liz & Dick" premieres Sunday, Nov. 25 at 9 p.m. on Lifetime."

Oh, I will probably DVR it and watch. I know I shouldn't but it's like when you KNOW the milk is past it's expiration date but you still gotta sniff it.

Just checked my Comcast TV grid for the evening's viewing. Liz & Dick is repeated at 11:00PM, so I'll open me a nice bottle of vino and have me a solo ladies' movie nite :D

Liz & Dick will air on Lifetime again tonight at 8:00PM (EST). As stated in the review that I posted upthread, the made-for-TV movie is lame and laughable. LiLo must not know (or doesn't care) that good actresses study the gait, mannerisms, voice, etc. of women whom they wish to portray effectively on stage and/or screen. Lohan's lamentable Liz Taylor was nothing more than a wannabe playing a not-so-sophisicated game of dress-up and let's pretend. In a nutshell: Waste. Huge waste. :moo:

Thanks Woofie....

I was going to try to watch this, but after reading the reviews, I don't think I will waste the time....

Yes, drama-queen Lindsay must be real proud of her latest acting role in "Liz & Dick". Within a few days of its release she goes to a nightclub & at 4 in the morning punches another lady!

Bwahahahaha! :great:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...after-fight-at-nyc-nightclub/?intcmp=features

Lindsay Lohan charged with assault, accused of punching woman in face at NYC nightclub

Published November 29, 2012

Lohan Assault Arrest :behindbar

Lohan%20Assault%20Arrest%201%20AP.JPG

Lindsay Lohan hides under a jacket while leaving a police station in New York City after being booked for assault after an alleged bar brawl Thursday, Nov. 29, 2012. (AP)
Lohan-Assault Arrest

Lindsay Lohan hides under a jacket while leaving a police station in New York City after being booked for assault after an alleged bar brawl Thursday, Nov. 29, 2012.

NEW YORK – "Oh my God! I didn't touch anyone!" :anguish:

"Those were the words of Lindsay Lohan as she was led by police in handcuffs from a New York nightclub in the wee hours Thursday morning for allegedly punching a woman in the face.

The actress was arrested and charged with assault, an NYPD rep told FOX 411.

Lohan, 26, allegedly got into a fight with a female patron at Club Avenue around 4:00 a.m. Thursday when an apparent verbal altercation turned physical, the police rep said...."

And the drama goes on and on..........:banghead:

NEW YORK – "Oh my God! I didn't touch anyone!" :anguish:

Respectfully snipped for space...

Riiiiiiiiight. For someone who never does anything wrong, she sure gets into a lot of trouble.

Maybe she should stop the 4am clubbing. Seems to get her in trouble. And her mom.

Before you write off "Liz and Dick" remember that LL is not the only actor in that mess.

Grant Bowler, who plays Richard Burton, has long been one of the biggest honeys in Australia. (Check out google imagines...wow!) :p

A seasoned pro (and all round nice bloke) who has acted in every single Aussie soap and series you could care to name and a few you can't, Grant says his 6 week experience in working with LL was an exercise in tolerance and patience.

During the short 6 week shoot, LL production was delayed twice due to LL's off screen antics.

LOCAL actor Grant Bowler has called working with Lindsay Lohan on Liz & Dick an exercise in "tolerance" and "patience".

Bowler, host of The Amazing Race Australia, plays actor Richard Burton and opposite Lohan’s Elizabeth Taylor in the new US TV movie.

Liz & Dick was plagued by delays.

The troubled Lohan was briefly hospitalised in June after crashing her black Porsche on her way to filming near Santa Monica.

Production had to be halted when she was found unconscious in her suite at the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

Lohan blamed exhaustion from the long hours filming Liz & Dick.

“There were exercises in patience and there were exercises in tolerance and I believe it (filming of Liz & Dick) could have been smoother at times,” Bowler told US news show Hollywood Access Live.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/news/grant-b...ck/story-fnejlvvj-1226523505466#ixzz2DeBEaQuu

I think Grant deserves double the applause for still managing an excellent performance opposite this trainwreck. I note that Bowler was on the same heavy schedule as Lohan (and is 20 years older) yet still managed to turn up on time, stay conscious, not be hospitalised twice.

:cow:

PS. when she appeared on that talk show recently (where she dissed Barbara Walters) her face was incredibly puffy and bloated.

This is one of the first warning signs of alcoholism. Booze bloat settles in the face first.

This girl is in serious trouble...we have another Judy Garland on our hands.

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back