Lippman filed a motion to be discussed on Tuesday 5/31/11

The attorneys on HLN have been saying that JB can accuse anyone of anything during opening statements if it helps his client's case. They said attorneys are given wide latitude and are not liable for what is said in court.

True but he shouldn't be allowed to ask questions of witnesses that assumes facts not in evidence. IMO If he wants to question witnesses on that topic he should wait until Casey testifys....in other words when pigs fly

Well that all fine and dandy!!! But what if he don't have the facts and can't prove it.
George and Lee name is tainted forever :banghead:

I agree. There was a recent case in NC where the DT accused LE and the FBI of evidence tampering. They accused a couple of people of having no alibi and the motive to murder the victim. They called all the victim's friends liars. No facts to prove any of this. I guess everyone is fair game in a murder trial.

It was said on Judge Jeanine on Fox just a few minutes ago that GA & CA are suing JB for slander.

“It wasn’t a surprise. The only surprise was the detail that was added by Mr. Baez,” attorney Mark Lippman told Ann Curry...

Lippman said if nothing during the trial is offered to support the allegations in the opening statement, he might take legal action against Baez. Lippman said that without any support the opening statement would be “nothing more than a story presented to hurt this family even more than they’ve already been hurt.”
======================================================

Looks like he might be trying to force Baez to support the allegations with some kind of evidence if he is going to use these allegations all day long every day in the trial.

I do not think Lippman will be successful though. And I doubt the jury will get wind of it.

But it may help the public understand where George is coming from.

I'm beginning to wonder if the letter-writing in which Casey first mentions the sex abuse by her father wasn't suggested to her by someone so that there would be written docmentation that could become evidence. Not sure who it would have been, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it was started. jmo

ITA

Think for a moment.....JB argued against every single bit of discovery being released and went as far as to call it "leaks" by LE and the SAO.....

Yet....never once did JB fight the release of the jail letters and went as far as to state they had nothing to hide. SO.......think about it.......

Anthony's lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, said he was not concerned with the letters on Monday.

"We have nothing to hide with those letters," Baez told reporters.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/06/letters-casey-anthony-inmate-released/

What is in the Grand Jury documents or whatever that would get George in trouble? Does anyone know?

The grand jury docs are sealed. I'm assuming GA said something different in his recent testimony and to the grand jury.

I asked Mr. Hornesby his opinion about the motion filed and offered mine. I thought that perhaps Lippman could have filed a motion asking the judge to prohibit any contact or attempted contact from the defense or Casey during the trial--because of the two “yellow” notes at the end of the day (yesterday and today I believe it was) that were passed from Casey to JB to someone out of view... so, possibly a motion regarding witness tampering.

Mr. Hornsby was kind enough to reply and seems to think that it's about prohibiting the defense team "from insinuating George molested Casey until such time as someone has actually testified to it." and he elaborated a little more:

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/05/websleuths-radio-appearance/comment-page-1/

I hope to catch him on the radio show tomorrow to ask more questions :)

...and not particularly respective of the topic but based on how all this information first came out, I have begun to wonder if Robyn Adams wasn't a DT plant to allow this jail house letter stuff to come to light, as opposed to the SA jail house snitch scenario often discussed. Didn't ICA indicate that she had put JB in touch with her and that she was glad that he had helped her? And wouldn't JBs conversations with Robin then be priveleged

Casey didn't really say that much in the letters to RA. Just that Lee had tried to molest her and maybe GA tried. I think if RA was a plant etc. that the letters would have been much more graphic and detailed. JMO.

ITA

Think for a moment.....JB argued against every single bit of discovery being released and went as far as to call it "leaks" by LE and the SAO.....

Yet....never once did JB fight the release of the jail letters and went as far as to state they had nothing to hide. SO.......think about it.......

Anthony's lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, said he was not concerned with the letters on Monday.

I think they got the idea from JG's interview. Also when they were in court concerning the release of the letters, JB and KC were laughing like it was a big joke.

The grand jury docs are sealed. I'm assuming GA said something different in his recent testimony and to the grand jury.

Jeez..... Do you guys think Casey could be telling the truth then?

ITA

That is a great point. Nothing jb does shocks me anymore.

What is in the Grand Jury documents or whatever that would get George in trouble? Does anyone know?

Nothing. What they are looking for is any way that GA's trial testimony may have differed from prior sworn testimony. The DT wants to impeach him. But by law they cannot see the GJ testimony so they are trying to get the judge to release it in order to go fishing.

THe fact that JB called RK "morally bankrupt"...is of note.

Me thinks this is part of an appeal effort from DAY 1.

Wait, I don't get it. JB called Kronk 'morally bankrupt.' So who would be appealing that?

We haven't heard a word of truth from her mouth or the mouthes of her attorneys to date. Why would we assume anything has changed?

NO.
George used to fudge the facts a little here and there to try and help Casey. Just like Cindy washed Casey's smelly clothing from the car, and gave cops the wrong hairbrush.

But NOW they want to tell the full truth. And so Baez hopes to catch them lying in the past, when they were trying to help, so he can impeach their testimony now, when they are not trying to help Casey anymore.

Sorry I should have said " I'm assuming JB thinks GA said something different in his recent testimony and to the grand jury.[/QUOTE]

I asked Mr. Hornesby his opinion about the motion filed and offered mine. I thought that perhaps Lippman could have filed a motion asking the judge to prohibit any contact or attempted contact from the defense or Casey during the trial--because of the two “yellow” notes at the end of the day (yesterday and today I believe it was) that were passed from Casey to JB to someone out of view... so, possibly a motion regarding witness tampering.

Mr. Hornsby was kind enough to reply and seems to think that it's about prohibiting the defense team "from insinuating George molested Casey until such time as someone has actually testified to it." and he elaborated a little more:

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/05/websleuths-radio-appearance/comment-page-1/

I hope to catch him on the radio show tomorrow to ask more questions :)
Noetic! Thank you for posting this, I've been checking the blog to see if he had replied to one of us! I am very happy about this now!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back