Lisa Irwin Disappearance - Thoughts and Theories ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I see what's happening here... and hopefully this will help clarify rather than muddy the waters.

When cases are initially posted at WS, they get single threads. These threads are necessarily "general discussion" because every detail is being gathered into one place.

As many of you have experienced, these single, general discussion threads often get continued: Lisa Irwin, thread #2; Lisa Irwin, thread #3... and so on.

In some cases (like Lisa's) it becomes apparent that there is a need to create a forum, where a number of different topic threads are grouped under one heading.

At that point, continuing to have a "general discussion" thread runs counter to the idea that there are a number of discrete topics related to the case that can be discussed independently of one another.

In cases that have earned a Forum, leaving a "general discussion" thread open actually defeats the purpose of the forum, if that makes sense.

In this particular case, the Thoughts and Theories thread is meant for posters to share informed, link-supported thoughts and theories about what may have happened to little Lisa. Posters are free to draw on information posted in other threads in Lisa's forum (providing links of course), and to assimilate the facts that we do know into new theories about the case. General discussion about what is posted in this thread is fine--but at no time should posters here (or in other threads) rely purely on speculation or base their theories on rumor.

I hope this is more helpful than confusing! And if not, please PM me or another of the Lisa mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox