Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
With these recent revelations of more than one arrest and the circumstances involved, IMO, LE is looking into Craig. Yeah, he might be right, LE is looking at him for being responsible of his wife's disappearance. It's called "person of interest."

I so hope this case doesn't get stalled and they can't prove their case. I have a strong feeling they are NOT going to ever find Lisa unless someone squeels.

You all realize the reward $$ has gone up to $50K. Lisa's family is serious about finding their loved one, even without Craig's help! Maybe this higher amount will convince someone to come forward. Craig may not be talking to the media or LE, but he seems to pompous (his dad too), that I think someone else knows something. Even if it's where the duo usually dump the bodies of the animals they hunt for sport. That could be a HUGE clue on where Lisa may be.

JMHO
fran

Lisa, I did research the Iron County mines info over the weekend. I have no doubt that LE wouldn't be able to cover that area even with cadaver dogs.

One of the weekend reports did state that the Stebic property is 150 acres and LE had searched that. As for the mines it said there are hundreds of them stretching over a 1100 mile area in Iron County. I did search on mining pits in Michigan and got more info than I could read. It's vast and then on top of that there are also huge waterways to consider. Besides the hunting there is also the fishing in the Michigan and Illinois area that Craig would know very well.

Does CS's dad, Joe, live in the UP, or do they travel up there for vacations? Was Joe staying up there at the time? Is CS's mother still alive, or anyone that can vouch to the whereabouts of JS the night of her disappearance.

With speculation the JS may have been involved, whether or not he believes the death was an accident or not, it is possible that JS could have left his home at 3:30 in the afternoon. CS may have had to only drive 5 minutes away from home to make a body switch.

It would be nice to know the whereabouts of JS from 3:30 PM April 30, to 6 AM on May 1st. Maybe CS asked him to drive down to pick up a body of a rabbit... I mean deer...I mean "dear".

Didn't JS in one interview say he doesn't have a TV. The last story says he was angered by the news report of what the cop said about the story from 12 years ago. Did he see this on TV?

Another question I've had for some time is, "How did CS know that Lisa had posted for exercise partners if he wasn't spying on her. He must have somehow figured out her password to get into her email and history.

Does CS's dad, Joe, live in the UP, or do they travel up there for vacations? <<Was Joe staying up there at the time? Is CS's mother still alive, or anyone that can vouch to the whereabouts of JS the night of her disappearance.>>

His mother is deceased but he has a 45-year-old brother.

I've been to the UP.

Many mines are a century old - abandoned and not filled in because laws back then were not in place to require reconstruction of the landscape. Water has filled many of them. You just cannot imagine how plentiful and how deep they are - and how dangerous they would be to investigate. I just don't see how you could get down in them, especially because most have been abandoned for so long. It would probably take $$$$$ to investigate just one of them.

No wonder LE is having such a tough time finding any evidence to haul Craig in! If he had plenty of time to clean the house, the truck (oops..he missed a spot on the tarp), and whatever else he had to do to get rid of any evidence plus they have to deal with a possible accomplice dumping into mine pits...this case might drag on forever. Of course, that would be the way CS planned it.

LE's ONLY hope would be the children, I am afraid. Has Craig let anything slip with them? How has he acted since that day? Do the children have any suspicions of their own? What did they see or hear leading up to their mom's disappearance? Was it out of character for Dad to send them to the store on bikes? DID Dad send them or did they ask to go? Did they see their father with any bags headed to Goodwill or anywhere else? When was the last time they saw their mother and what was her demeanor? What was the last thing she said to them? Were they aware of anything about their mom that father didn't know?

The kids need to be questioned at length. It might have to wait until they turn 18...but it will happen eventually, IMO.

I've been to the UP.

Many mines are a century old - abandoned and not filled in because laws back then were not in place to require reconstruction of the landscape. Water has filled many of them. You just cannot imagine how plentiful and how deep they are - and how dangerous they would be to investigate. I just don't see how you could get down in them, especially because most have been abandoned for so long. It would probably take $$$$$ to investigate just one of them.

Well, it's no wonder then that CS could say with such conviction that he'd kill Lisa and her body would never be found! Sick, sick, sick, and what arrogance! I hope LE really starts putting the pressure on him soon! This is a nut that must be cracked.

I guess CS was right when he said he could make her disappear.:(

I wonder how Craig's mom died? Accident? Disappeared? Just wonderin'.

Craig won't let LE talk to the children.

It was not usual for Craig to give the kids money to go to the store. There's also a store just a short distance from them, but he sent them to the store that was further away. Ehhhh..........so it would take them longer.

Can you spell PREMEDITATED?

JMHO
fran

The goodwill story was reported to be a case of mistaken identity last week. We know from the early reports that Craig's father was at Craig's house the day Lisa was reported missing. He was supposed to have come to help with the kids. I think he lives in Highland Park? I know the report about Lisa's petition states where he lives because Lisa said Craig could live there. Then later it was reported as the area Craig grew up in. The cabin in Michigan was initially reported to be in Craig and his father's name and more recent reports have stated the property consists of 150 acres that have been in the Stebic family for many years. I know there are at least cousins that live in that Michigan area.

Fran,

I agree, it sounds premeditated. I was thinking about the tarp and the truck - I wonder if the truck disappeared for a time the night of 4/30? Maybe JS took the truck to the UP and returned it the same night or next morning? That way, CS could stay with the kids and have an alibi for most of the evening/night. I wonder what time those kids went to bed? I wonder what time JS arrived? And what time he left?

There are so many unknowns here...I hope they're just unknowns to us and not LE.

The only info I was able to find on the mom was some IL Congressional proclamation of condolences on her passing....I assumed she died due to illness....do not know for certain...But was quite a few years ago.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/legisnet91/srgroups/sr/910SR0308LV.html

Do they do that for everyone that dies in Il? Issue a Congressional proclamation of condolence?

Please don't tell me these people are politically connected. :doh:

I'm still curious how the mom died.:confused: She wasn't that old.

JMHO
fran

Do they do that for everyone that dies in Il? Issue a Congressional proclamation of condolence?

Please don't tell me these people are politically connected. :doh:

I'm still curious how the mom died.:confused: She wasn't that old.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

My thoughts exactly! Looks like Mom was in politics! Wonder who's palm she was greasing! This is disgusting!

I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear what CS is telling those poor children! Bet it's one of the tallest tales ever!

I've been through a very nasty divorce myself, and I know the dirty pool the soon-to-be-ex can play, including the mind games with the kids. Not fair to them at all! My kids are now grown, and you can be they've come to realize which side their bread was buttered on! Sad to say, they now have nothing but pity for their dad. I'm betting that will be the outcome here as well. Kids are much wiser than they're given credit for, especially these days!

Craig's mother was employed by Walgreens corporate office.

I saw that she was employed by Walgreen's coroporate Liz. Thank you. Maybe that was her connection to government.

The only reason I was hoping the Sebic family doesn't have political connections is IF they do, it could effect LE's handling of the case. There's a couple of 'missing persons' cases I've run through the past couple of years where-by the family of the POI were large land owners, the victim's were never found, and the cases remain unsolved to this day. I can't off-hand recall the names, but one was a nine month pregnant woman and the other was a mom and her little girl. Oh, and IMO, it was obvious who did it, but the cases never saw the inside of a court room.

Lisa Too,........I hear ya on using the kids. It's hard to tell what will happen should he not be caught for this crime. Sometimes the kids are in denial, or just plain don't believe their father could do such a thing to their mom. I've seen cases where there are more than one child involved, even older than these two children, and one or more think the dad is guilty and the other(s) don't. I guess it's a toss-up.

What I'm worried about and this is just my opinion, is I don't think Craig is a very nice person, nor his dad either. My fear is these children will learn the habits of the dad and grandfather. THAT would be sad.

I would still like to know how Craig's mom died. It could very well have been through illness,.................but maybe not.:angel:

JMHO
fran

snipped ---

LE's ONLY hope would be the children, I am afraid. Has Craig let anything slip with them? How has he acted since that day? Do the children have any suspicions of their own? What did they see or hear leading up to their mom's disappearance? Was it out of character for Dad to send them to the store on bikes? DID Dad send them or did they ask to go? Did they see their father with any bags headed to Goodwill or anywhere else? When was the last time they saw their mother and what was her demeanor? What was the last thing she said to them? Were they aware of anything about their mom that father didn't know?

The kids need to be questioned at length. It might have to wait until they turn 18...but it will happen eventually, IMO.

How true Seriously!! I think the thing to hold on to here is your last 2 sentences - and I quote them again - "The kids need to be questioned at length." Yes, indeedy they sure do. But ole CS won't let that happen right now.

But....I hadn't thought of it this way - "It might have to wait until they turn 18...but it will happen eventually, IMO."

Yes, yes, and yes. It will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member