Votes: 82 64.6%
  • innocent but complicit in some way

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish there was one family member that would stand up for Lisa Irwins rights. I just don't understand why a parent wouldn't go to the end of the earth to find there missing child. If that child was truly missing.

I do not believe Lisa is missing though, I think DB and JI know where she is. jmo

Sorry if I caused an argument. I just found it strange that the T-shirts said "kidnapped", it's not something you'd see over her in England, where "missing" is more common. I just thought it's odd.

They got their shot at her? What? LE is supposed to only get 1 "shot" at her? Or 2? Where's the law that says LE only has a certain amount of time, or number of interviews with a parent of a missing child? If my daughter was missing LE would have to physically remove me from the station!! I wouldn't care if they thought I was guilty or not! If I knew I hadn't killed her, and someone else had taken her, they couldn't shut me up! I'd be telling them every detail of everything I could remember from the minute she was born.

<modsnip>

And while we're on the subject of links, could you provide one that shows any other case where posters said "kidnapped" instead of "missing"? I wonder if posters for Hannah Anderson say missing or kidnapped, and there's no question that she was kidnapped.

The point is why are the <modsnip> so dead set on the posters saying "kidnapped" instead of "missing"? What's the difference? If her face is out there, it's out there. If Lisa were my daughter I'm certain I'd have more serious concerns, and more important things to do, than worry about how her posters were worded. And I sure wouldn't waste valuable time or money on replacing posters that said "missing".

:moo:
LE got more than one or two shots at interrogating Lisa's parents as shown in the links that I provided. In fact it was over multiple days and many hours. In my opinion LE got their chance at interrogating them without a lawyer present. At this point if they want to ask any more questions they will have to do so thru their lawyer. I think that is a good idea.

There is a law called the 5th amendment that allows people to not answer any questions that LE may have. I don't recall whether DB or JI have invoked their 5th amendment rights but they can at anytime.

I haven't seen a link that supports your claim that someone has been replacing posters that say "missing" on them with ones that say "kidnapped." I will consider that to be an unsubstantiated rumor until I see a link.

Oh that's not my link. I just saw the T-shirts for the first time the other night. I think someone else said they've changed them.

Anyway, I can't see why you wouldn't help LE unless you have something to hide. If it was my child I'd be there day and night wanting to find her, or to answer any questions.

Oh that's not my link. I just saw the T-shirts for the first time the other night. I think someone else said they've changed them.

Anyway, I can't see why you wouldn't help LE unless you have something to hide. If it was my child I'd be there day and night wanting to find her, or to answer any questions.

I'm sorry if you feel that I was referring to something you posted but I'm not. The problem is there is no link to support a claim that anyone is replacing "missing" posters with ones that say "kidnapped."

I think that Lisa's parents have helped LE in the search for her. They are willing to answer questions according to their lawyer. LE just needs to ask. MOO.

LE got more than one or two shots at interrogating Lisa's parents as shown in the links that I provided. In fact it was over multiple days and many hours. In my opinion LE got their chance at interrogating them without a lawyer present. At this point if they want to ask any more questions they will have to do so thru their lawyer. I think that is a good idea.

There is a law called the 5th amendment that allows people to not answer any questions that LE may have. I don't recall whether DB or JI have invoked their 5th amendment rights but they can at anytime.

I haven't seen a link that supports your claim that someone has been replacing posters that say "missing" on them with ones that say "kidnapped." I will consider that to be an unsubstantiated rumor until I see a link.

No one, not KCPD or anyone else is asking either of them to be questioned without a lawyer present.

The 5th amendment is the right NOT TO INCRIMINATE YOURSELF! Now if she/they are innocent, and have nothing to hide, why in the world would she/they plead the 5th?

<modsnip>

Looks like the FBI poster has her listed as a "Missing person". There is absolutely no proof she was kidnapped. The only thing that's proven is that she's missing. http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/lisa-irwin

From the FBI link: "Lisa Irwin was last seen at her residence, while in her crib, on October 3, 2011, at approximately 6:00 p.m. She was wearing purple pants and a purple shirt with kittens on it."

Not one single word about her being kidnapped. If you notice on the bottom left of the page: "Poster Classification: Missing Persons" (BBM)

The point is, no one, not LE, not the FBI, not other families, put up posters saying "Kidnapped", except this family. It raises too many red flags, for people not convinced of their innocence, that they insist on her T-shirts and posters saying "kidnapped". It screams "I didn't do it! SODDI!!" Methinks thou dost protest too much.

I don't understand what the big issue is.
Kidnapped,., Missing Is the only difference in the posters, the word Kidnapped, or are there other differences?
Why does it matter if the word kidnapped replaces missing, especially to those who believe Lisa is deceased?
What does it change? How does it effect the investigation?
Isn't the reason for a poster, to bring awareness? To get Lisa's picture and name out to the public?
The word kidnapped on a poster v missing on a poster isn't going to change anything.
IMO, it's just something to grip about.
If the parents or others have replaced older posters with new ones, good for them
Nice, clean new posters.

I don't understand what the big issue is.
Kidnapped,., Missing Is the only difference in the posters, the word Kidnapped, or are there other differences?
Why does it matter if the word kidnapped replaces missing, especially to those who believe Lisa is deceased?
What does it change? How does it effect the investigation?
Isn't the reason for a poster, to bring awareness? To get Lisa's picture and name out to the public?
The word kidnapped on a poster v missing on a poster isn't going to change anything.
IMO, it's just something to grip about.
If the parents or others have replaced older posters with new ones, good for them
Nice, clean new posters.

Thank you Little Ol Me for making my point! Why should the parents care what wording is on the poster as long as LI's picture is out there for the public to see? You're right, one word is not going to change anything in the investigation, and it's not going to make a difference whether or not Lisa is found. So why go to all the trouble, and expense, to change them? We're not talking 2 yr old posters here. These were fairly new, some even having been posted the day before.

I've personally spoken with a person that was putting "missing" posters up, only to find out they were taken down and replaced with "kidnapped" posters the very next day. WHY?? What's the point? Sorry, can't provide a link to a face to face conversation. If I could, I would. I will see if I can get a hold of this person and ask them to come here and post about their experience. They are not a member here.

Thank you Little Ol Me for making my point! Why should the parents care what wording is on the poster as long as LI's picture is out there for the public to see? You're right, one word is not going to change anything in the investigation, and it's not going to make a difference whether or not Lisa is found. So why go to all the trouble, and expense, to change them? We're not talking 2 yr old posters here. These were fairly new, some even having been posted the day before.

I've personally spoken with a person that was putting "missing" posters up, only to find out they were taken down and replaced with "kidnapped" posters the very next day. WHY?? What's the point? Sorry, can't provide a link to a face to face conversation. If I could, I would. I will see if I can get a hold of this person and ask them to come here and post about their experience. They are not a member here.

I hope they will do that. Some people are hard to convince this really happened! :pullhair:

I still fail to understand why it matters if the parents, or anyone else, replaces a poster. As long as the poster is replaced, it doesn't matter to me whether it says kidnapped or Missing.
I don't require someone telling me about their experience, as I'm not saying it didn't happen. Frankly it doesn't matter to me if the parents changed a few or 50 posters.
I don't understand why it matters to anyone.

ETA; back to reading

I think the point is, why is the effort by the family being focused on replacing missing posters with kidnapped posters when surely if their child was missing there would be better use of their time and energy.

I can imagine a piece of paper stapled to a pole doesn't last long in rain storms, wind etc. I see absolutely nothing wrong with changing out the posters as they become weather beaten and faded. As to whether the poster says Missing or Kidnapped, what does it matter. If the word Kidnapped grabs peoples' attention then I see it as a positive thing.

No one, not KCPD or anyone else is asking either of them to be questioned without a lawyer present.

i don't understand why this myth keeps being perpetuated...

Kansas City police have asked for the parents to submit to separate interviews in which tough questions will be asked. Young reiterated Friday that police are not asking for Bradley and Irwin's attorneys to be excluded from the interviews, but that the couple not be interviewed together.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16017789/baby-lisas-first-birthday-and-still-few-clues

Stop bickering in here. Everyone gets their own opinion. Don't make it personal please.

Salem

Guilty; no break in; baby died in the presence of mother and or father and father was seen walking away from home with the baby. The person, IOW that was reported seen walking away fast clutching child to his chest, I believe was father in this case. Period.
IMO they both belong in a cell. What is the problem with LE in this state? What is the problem and how neglectful of LE to not charge first and foremost with neglect, and go from there. I'm waiting.

Guilty; no break in; baby died in the presence of mother and or father and father was seen walking away from home with the baby. The person, IOW that was reported seen walking away fast clutching child to his chest, I believe was father in this case. Period.
IMO they both belong in a cell. What is the problem with LE in this state? What is the problem and how neglectful of LE to not charge first and foremost with neglect, and go from there. I'm waiting.

I totally agree.He matches the description that the neighbor gave, tall & bald.

If you are going to refer to a story written by a Kansas City reporter, it is necessary to link the story so everyone can read it.

Thanks,

Salem

I can imagine a piece of paper stapled to a pole doesn't last long in rain storms, wind etc. I see absolutely nothing wrong with changing out the posters as they become weather beaten and faded. As to whether the poster says Missing or Kidnapped, what does it matter. If the word Kidnapped grabs peoples' attention then I see it as a positive thing.

I agree with you Dewey. What difference does it make if the word "kidnapped" is on a flyer vs "missing"? If someone takes the time and effort to replace or add flyers for Lisa I considered that to be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500