LKL Aug. 22: Karr's legal advisors state no DNA taken as far as they know

Buzzm1 said:
I can't imagine a DNA test not being taken.
Close your eyes and picture Suwat. Can you imagine it now?

The DNA is the key evidence, if it matches - I could figure they're taking their time to get him in custody, get a nice legal warrent to get the DNA, etc.

Details said:
The DNA is the key evidence, if it matches - I could figure they're taking their time to get him in custody, get a nice legal warrent to get the DNA, etc.

maybe so...i guess whatever was in those emails that Karr wrote to Tracey must have been extremely inciminating...they have no DNA match, apparently, & still haven't placed him in Boulder, xmas 96......just seems that getting a swab would have been one of the first things to do...seems Karr cooperated with everything else....

Details said:
Exactly what I'm saying above, Details. They want a nice, clear chain of custody and all the ducks in a row, I'm guessing, so there are NO questions afterward about legalities and such.

Here's a link that (embedded way within) mentions what I was talking about the daughter's DNA being obtained in the BTK investigation without her permission. I don't know if that's how it happened, but am relieved to know that it has been reported that way...that I didn't just dream that up.

http://www.karisable.com/skazbtk.htm

"T[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]o get[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] a DNA match authorities obtained a warrant for a tissue sample from Rader’s daughter on file at a Kansas medical clinic without her permission. Tests showed it was a close match to the evidence from the crime scenes."[/font]

They could have got a dna sample off one of those champas glasses he was swigging out of on the plane:eek: .

tybee204 said:
I wondered about it before because they would need a warrent for a sample.
Exactly, and they may have his DNA, and have a match for it, but need to get a nice legal swab with a warrant behind it for courtroom purposes, as Details pointed out.

But why? Why not pull a warrent and do a swab? Its a much purer sample? Why pay for the DNA Lab two or three times?

Maybe they are waiting until he is in colorado custody?

Really I don't know, it makes sense to just get the warrant and get the swab.

Unless they are basing their case on something else other than DNA.

Hyatt said:
Thanks for that info. I sure would like to know what LE DOES have on him. Did anyone tape the DA's press conference? At one point, Lacy turned to someone and said, in response to a question: "Can I answer that?" Does anyone remember what the question was? She was told not to answer it and didn't.

Hyatt,

You can watch the Boulder DA press conference on this CTV page. Look on the left side of the page under Videos, click on "DA dicusses arrest". Turn your volume up, it is hard to hear some of it.

http://www.courttv.com/news/ramsey/

Details said:
Yep - here's a competent lawyer finally, and he's ready to have all kinds fo fun if they take any shortcut on the DNA specimen.

Just heard them say on Fox that Karr's lawyer is motioning to suppress the mouth swab DNA test that was done in Thailand.....why???? Maybe it MATCHES??

englishleigh said:
Just heard them say on Fox that Karr's lawyer is motioning to suppress the mouth swab DNA test that was done in Thailand.....why???? Maybe it MATCHES??
OMG! I just heard the same thing, and was wondering the same thing. Why suppress it if it doesn't match?

Just heard on Fox that JMK's public defender has filed a motion to "suppress the DNA swab" taken in Thailand. Why would his lawyer file to suppress any previously taken DNA samples if none were taken? I think he's talked enough to his client to know. Those two female attorneys were clueless to what was going on. Finally, if the DNA taken in Thailand was NOT a match then why move to suppress it?

I heard some speculation about chain of evidence, that maybe the defense would say they couldn't trust Thailand to test it correctly, also it might not stay in Colorado LE hands all the way back home to Boulder.. IF they took a swab.

I tend to think there is no way they don't have Karr's DNA sample yet. Even if Thailand didn't do a test, Dr Henry Lee said on TV the other day that the big supper Karr had on the plane ride home would have been a perfect time to nab a sample off of his dinner tray. Even if you couldn't use it in court, you would know if you had your man, then take an official sample when you get him in Boulder.

stonewall said:
Just heard on Fox that JMK's public defender has filed a motion to "suppress the DNA swab" taken in Thailand. Why would his lawyer file to suppress any previously taken DNA samples if none were taken? I think he's talked enough to his client to know. Those two female attorneys were clueless to what was going on. Finally, if the DNA taken in Thailand was NOT a match then why move to suppress it?

So they DID take one??? :eek: If so, it's gotta match then.

magpie said:
I heard some speculation about chain of evidence, that maybe the defense would say they couldn't trust Thailand to test it correctly, also it might not stay in Colorado LE hands all the way back home to Boulder.. IF they took a swab.

I tend to think there is no way they don't have Karr's DNA sample yet. Even if Thailand didn't do a test, Dr Henry Lee said on TV the other day that the big supper Karr had on the plane ride home would have been a perfect time to nab a sample off of his dinner tray. Even if you couldn't use it in court, you would know if you had your man, then take an official sample when you get him in Boulder.

My husband said, maybe that's partly why all the drinks and food they plied him with on the plane from Thailand, to get plenty of samples to use from the utensils and glasses, in case there is a problem with any official samples later on.

I think there's been a match and Karr's attorney is FREAKING.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back