LKL Aug. 22: Karr's legal advisors state no DNA taken as far as they know

englishleigh said:
My husband said, maybe that's partly why all the drinks and food they plied him with on the plane from Thailand, to get plenty of samples to use from the utensils and glasses, in case there is a problem with any official samples later on.

I think there's been a match and Karr's attorney is FREAKING.

Your husband and I think alike then! That's what I was saying to my hubby when they talked about Karr feasting on the plane. Eat, drink and be merry, cos we're gonna get your DNA off that shrimp fork! :dance:

Boulder attorney Seth Temin, who will apparently be representing John Mark Karr in the case of JonBenét Ramsey, is head of the Boulder public defender's office. He looks to be sharp and very competent. He will hopefully afford JMK every legal defense consideration possible. DNA sample collection will require a warrant, which causes a slight delay, but will undoubtably be obtained for comparison.

The Boulder DA office will be cautious and careful to obtain any evidence from JMK first hand and in absolute clarity of the law. The potential evidence against JMK noted in the arrest warrant apparently does not include DNA comparison, so there was no rush by the DA's office to do anything that might later be called into question and suppressed at trial.

Depending on the evidence against Karr, if he's charged and tried, a DNA comparison might not even be the major focus of the case against him.

Fox news just reported he voluntarily gave them a sample of his DNA in Thailand and this is what his attorney is trying to get suppressed.

I don't think that the Boulder DA will want to include a DNA sample taken in Thailand in the U.S. case against JMK.

Don't you think the Boulder DA is the one that requested Thailand take the DNA in the first place? Why would Thailand initiate it? They don't have a dog in this fight. Finally, if they did take a DNA sample in Thailand, isn't it likely the DA got the results BEFORE they decided to spend all that money bringing Karr back to the US?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back