long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe juror 5
Stares to much at Jodie, maybe this is the juror that was observed laughing loud as she was leaving the courtroom.
Heck Jodie's mom and aunt constantly do that! Maybe Donovan snitched to the the duhfense.

Maybe she told the judge that Jodi keeps starring at her and it creeps her out. I know Jodi has zeroed in on one juror and often whispers to JW about them.

:rolleyes:::

I just want to know this...Nurmi and Willmott know that JA killed Travis, right!?!?!?!?!

Yes. And they have the stomach to defend people that are accused of awful crimes...and God bless 'em for that.:jail:

Reemer v. Untied States, 347 U.S. 227,229 - a random person approached a juror and told him that he could make "a lot of money" if the verdict was guilty. The juror reported the statement to the Judge. The FBI investigated the case and determined that the statement was made in jest, and the trial continued. The Supreme Court determined that the court made the wrong choice and remanded the case back to the state court to determine whether there was any prejudice to the defendant based on the comment.

Hmmm.... Interesting. So, maybe she said something about making money? :waitasec:

Ugh had to mute the talking head on JVM... Painful to my ears!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

The .25 is an old caliber, following on a tradition of "vest pocket" guns. The Colt version dates from about 1905. You know, back when horses and steamships were the way to get around. It's not the sort of thing that a guy familiar with contemporary (or "contemporaneous", if you are Jodi Arias) guns but not the history of them would necessarily be familiar with. ...

Hey, actually 'contemporary' isn't a good word either so close to that 1905 and steamships and all ;)

Just bustin' your chops. I love your posts :D

Maybe she told the judge that Jodi keeps starring at her and it creeps her out. I know Jodi has zeroed in on one juror and often whispers to JW about them.

Your so right! Jodie has been staring at the jury a lot,maybe this juror?

Was Tricolor the juror that was bringing in Starbucks? I can see the defense as saying that showed she had made up her mind and hated Jodi.

Yes I noticed that too. You may be onto something.

That's a good point, why wouldn't the judge have dismissed the juror if she found a reason to - unless maybe it has to be requested by the attorneys? Otherwise, it's probably not misconduct, just an attempt to try to get rid of a juror they see is paying attention.
Fortunately, it seems as if they're all attentive - you've got to admire them for that.

A judge can dismiss a juror on the "court's own motion." However, a smart judge usually waits for either side to object, file motions, etc. This is because trial attorneys use trial strategy and sometimes don't want to object even though technically they could. For example, if the judge dismisses a juror on the court's own motion, the defense could then appeal arguing that the court erred and the particular juror shouldn't have been dismissed. I hope this makes sense... :)

View attachment 347_U_S__227.pdf
Here's Remmer v. US for you to all read. Interesting. It's possible that the juror in question hasn't said anything but that SOMEONE else said something to this juror and she repeated it.

But again I'm ENTIRELY speculating. The Motion was just too vague to get any sort of context.

Was Tricolor the juror that was bringing in Starbucks? I can see the defense as saying that showed she had made up her mind and hated Jodi.

Yeah specialy if it was JA favorite starbucks beverage .. (Strawberry frappucino )Cause for mistrial:floorlaugh:

:tantrum:

Speaking of depriving her of desserts and cookies, I think somebody should hack her hair off. Am watching interrogation tapes and she is clearly attached to her long hair. Spends a lot of time touching it, flipping it, running hands through it. She even spends many minutes picking long strands of her hair off a chair. Chop it into a bob or pixie cut. Take away some identity. Wonder how that would feel to her?

How do we know that Travis' family believe it's him?

Juan Martinez talked with them before it was played in court. Because they agreed to have the whole tape played in open court. The judge asked them if they wanted to stay in the courtroom. All agreed.

There was no question by either side that this was Travis.
There was also the verification by the audio engineer that the voice on the tape matched known voice samples of TA.

Your so right! Jodie has been staring at the jury a lot,maybe this juror?
I don't know how they file out but Tricolor would be the second woman if the front row leaves first. She would be right after "Nancy"

I did JA say something to JW about 2nd....not sure what she was referring to.

How do we know that Travis' family believe it's him?

Thanks for saying that! I wanted to, but was afraid to say any more. Not only were web searches missed in the C. A. case, but one was missed in a case I'm close to. Makes me think twice about just how much the experts can really swear to! I went back and listened to the sex tape, and I couldn't make out a tenth of what "Travis" was saying. Guess it's just me!

I agree. In a previous post I also indicated that it's possible much like Nurmi misstates, manipulates and twists testimony to further their own agenda and strategy I would not be surprised at all if this did not rise to the level of jury misconduct.

But having said that, the Motion they filed does not give us context. The only thing that concerns me is if whatever Nurmi is alleging she said to the entire jury. I don't want him to have an opportunity to argue that the entire jury or a portion of the jury is "tainted" by whatever this juror allegedly said in this sealed meeting.

Basically we know nothing except that the DT doesn't want Tri-color on the jury, like at all. It could also be not so much what she said but how she reacted to being so close to Jodi that the DT didn't like and are seeking to twist words the juror said to get her kicked off.

It's anyones guess at the moment. I just hope the Judge doesn't toss the whole trial. It's getting expensive for the AZ taxpayers.

Thank you.

I am a little confused by the motion. Was this juror overheard after the Judge met with them individually? It seems if not the juror or jurors that heard juror #5 would have told the Judge when they spoke with her. Wouldn't the Judge take it on her own to dismiss the juror rather than the DT filing a motion.

Not sure all of this makes sense. lol

IMO

A judge can dismiss a juror on the "court's own motion." However, a smart judge usually waits for either side to object, file motions, etc. This is because trial attorneys use trial strategy and sometimes don't want to object even though technically they could. For example, if the judge dismisses a juror on the court's own motion, the defense could then appeal arguing that the court erred and the particular juror shouldn't have been dismissed. I hope this makes sense... :)
Kinda, sorta. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members